New BMW F10 Defect

halow

Nov 28, 2007
Dear All,

I collected my 523I F10 on early October drove it for few days , and now the car still in BMW AB workshop for more than a month now. Please find the following thread from BMWclub Malaysia
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?37484-F10-523i-problem-to-date

Summary of problem:
1) Pulling to right issues - car will move to either left or right when driving at 120-140KM
2) Knocking sound - driving at comfort mode/normal mode when over the road bump will hear it
3) rear suspension - acoustic problem ( which i dont understand what it mean )

if anyone of your friend who own a F10 please get them to test on the above issues or test it properly before getting the car.

I am very disappointed with their service , giving me nonsense and standard reply with no solutions.

Last edited:

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
my fren's c class 250 cgi has abs n warning lights on, and also the car keeps pulling to the left...until now the prob kenot solve

LeeHK

Feb 22, 2010
Spore
That really SUXXS big time.

New car with problems / noise worst than a 10 year old car

BMW Malaysia using new owners as guinea pigs to test their poor workmanship and untrained assembly skills

I feel for you

Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
sorry to hear that....basically AB mechanics still at very low level in terms of car knowledge, most of their senior staff already cabut either open up their own workshop or totally out of the industry. my personal encounter with AB imbecility couple of years back on my 530d, in which my car cant start at all at one time. The car was 3yrs (final yr on warranty), call AB to pick up, and my car was stuck there almost 3mths and yet still the same problem occurred a week after the "so called" fixed. I even contacted the biggest imbecile, then Technical Director in BMW Malaysia, German dude, he said "I'll be on holiday tomorrow, pls communicate with Service Mgr in AB, I dnt want to get involved"..........u tell me my reaction after that! Luckily my bro assist me and manage to kaw-tim the car in less than 2 days!!! my car still in perfect condition until today, abt 5 yrs now....

my best advise, write a freaking lengthy letter to their MD, PR boss, and a copy to media if possible stated ur prob, trust me, you'll be driving no of their courtesy car during your car in the workshop. tell them to buy back if the problem still unresolved since your car still new. i know, since i've done it before...:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

sorry to hear that....basically AB mechanics still at very low level in terms of car knowledge, most of their senior staff already cabut either open up their own workshop or totally out of the industry. my personal encounter with AB imbecility couple of years back on my 530d, in which my car cant start at all at one time. The car was 3yrs (final yr on warranty), call AB to pick up, and my car was stuck there almost 3mths and yet still the same problem occurred a week after the "so called" fixed. I even contacted the biggest imbecile, then Technical Director in BMW Malaysia, German dude, he said "I'll be on holiday tomorrow, pls communicate with Service Mgr in AB, I dnt want to get involved"..........u tell me my reaction after that! Luckily my bro assist me and manage to kaw-tim the car in less than 2 days!!! my car still in perfect condition until today, abt 5 yrs now....

my best advise, write a freaking lengthy letter to their MD, PR boss, and a copy to media if possible stated ur prob, trust me, you'll be driving no of their courtesy car during your car in the workshop. tell them to buy back if the problem still unresolved since your car still new. i know, since i've done it before...:biggrin:

halow

Nov 28, 2007
Boydf,

you are right .. they dont even know what is the root cause of the problem now . I had wrote to them officially but the reply is there are still looking for solution and the problem is only about acoustic sound and the safely and reliability of the F10 is not affected.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

For a car with its girth and horsepower, Isaac Newton himself would testify that the 2012 Nissan GT-R shouldn’t be able to do the century sprint in three seconds flat but the supercar slayer does just that and just to drive the point home, gets it captured on video.

Weighing in at just over 1,700kg and packing a 530hp with 607Nm of torque punch, it would be insane to dismiss it as nothing spectacular but...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience