New 2009 Honda City Mega Preview

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
hopefully the price tag will be same! not like the new jazz. So expensive. i rather get the civic.

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
it will be cheaper than the Jazz.

Thailand has launched the car.

Pics of the car has been circulated at HCOC, MT forums and teamcity.

misskeylat

Known Member
Jul 23, 2008
Hmmm...nice car.... Which one is better, Honda City or Vios?? Btw, Do u have any idea how much is the price for 2009 Honda City??

dc_vtec

500 RPM
Jun 15, 2006
the rear cutting not so nice (at least for me..):smokin:

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
the rear cutting not so nice (at least for me..):smokin:
can add GT-wing,...
twin exhaust,
LED lites,...

hmmm,... soup it up!

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
When comparing brand vs brand, likewise this case TOYOTA Vs. HONDA, assuming both auto tranny, I think most Malaysian nowadays concern was the durability of the AT gearbox, other than whole outlook and hp.

As we know also, Toyota well known as the toughest gearbox ever. I suppose new City won't give negative effect on Vios sales. Maybe that the main reason why Vios soon (or already) came with 5 MT, whereas MT City is very impossible in our market.

BTW, wonder why new city front nose more copy2 from Accord CL7!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
When comparing brand vs brand, likewise this case TOYOTA Vs. HONDA, assuming both auto tranny, I think most Malaysian nowadays concern was the durability of the AT gearbox, other than whole outlook and hp.

As we know also, Toyota well known as the toughest gearbox ever. I suppose new City won't give negative effect on Vios sales. Maybe that the main reason why Vios soon (or already) came with 5 MT, whereas MT City is very impossible in our market.

BTW, wonder why new city front nose more copy2 from Accord CL7!:rolleyes::rolleyes:
leftover from CL7 nose kotttt,...
dun be surprised, later honda come out with 6MT honda city type-R

hahaaaaaa!!!

misskeylat

Known Member
Jul 23, 2008

Hmmm..... Interesting... :driver:

Ingolstadt

500 RPM
Dec 26, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
www.evomalaysia.com
Guys, the new City is actually open for booking. A friend of mine booked one after reading my 'preview'. The price she told me was RM8x,xxx

In terms of comparison between Vios and City, it's without doubt the City's a better choice in terms of WYPIWYG. The main reason the previous City lost out to Vios is mainly because of the brand and the sub-par marketing, branding efforts of Honda in Malaysia.

Make no mistake, the Vios on itself is not a bad car at all, in fact its pretty much faultless, but the clever-er interior of the city shows the engineer's detailness and of course the slightly better interior quality. However, do try visit any Honda showrooms in Malaysia, then compare those to the 3S centers of Toyota, huge, futuristic, clean, roomy, free coffee, wifi, biscuits, and those very japan looking waiting bays for service. All these just adds up to the buying experience and return customers after a satisfied purchase. Then the ad campaigns, throughout the year you can see, hear Toyota, above the line, mainstream newspaper, tv, cinema, even trolley ads in hypermarkets! Honda? during pre launch they've already exhausted their marketing funds. And anyone visited their HQ in PJ before? Yes, the Oldtown next to it catches more attention than itself.

Branding of the brand, positioning it as the 'dai ko' in the market has alot to do with consumer's perception on buying, at times more so than the product's capabilities itself.

These 2nd grade citizens of Mazda, Suzuki, Subaru, Mitsubishi would need something amazing to pull buyers from Toyota, (and if you notice, Mazda and Subaru's cars are extremely well made, especially Mazda.) and the 1 and a half grade citizen Honda.