Need ur advice!!..

Zan Master

Jan 21, 2008
zanmaster.blogspot.com
Hi guys..

I would like to buy a Fairlady '05 (unreg) at the price of RM 150k++
If I'm not mistaken, the road tax is RM4k and insurance for another RM4k (correct me if I'm wrong)
I dont know about fuel consumption and how much allocation for service
Please advise me..
Really wanna bring Fairlady home by this February..

Thanks

Applejuice

Known Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
1. my personal advice is buy a 03 one, unless you decide to get the 07 one, which is more worth it cause of the facelift and the HR engine. if not, 03 is almost the same as an 05.
2.make sure it has brembo's, cause the oem ones arent good enough and at one point you will decided to change it and its expensive.
3. get a manual one, thats also a good idea. cause as you slowly decided to add more horsepower, the autogearbox will limit you.
4. road tax and insurance is about rm4k+.
5. service bills arent that expensive unless you need to replace parts, a normal engine oil change would cost around rm200.
2003 units are available for sale at rm120k and a good condition one at rm135k so it should give you enough cash to spend on rims and such.

so it might be more worth it to consider other cars, eg. subarus and evos.

hope this helps you make a decision. :driver:

Zan Master

Jan 21, 2008
zanmaster.blogspot.com
TQ apple juice.. there are still some question..

firstly, i would like to say that i'm a beginner for fairlady. so, i know few about this car.. on my first sight, i love it!

question

1- how to know the different btw 03 and 05 car? i mean people usually choose the latest one coz normally the condition is ok than the older one. i plan to drive it for 5 years and sell it later

2- i'm not a drifter nor the racer nor professional driver.. i'm just a young businessman, i hate traffic jam (coz it is stressful to control the clutch) and i dont really expert to play with gear. the automatic one has both manual and auto transmission.. will it be different compared to a just manual fairlady? i hear some rumors that if a person dont know how to play with manual gear, it will be easy for the gearbox to be damaged, and petrol usage will be higher than the automatic one..

3- i travel about 4000 km/month.. could RM1000 allocation for petrol be enough?

4- what else i should consider b4 buying a fairlady??

thanks

mazranz

Sepang Circuit Staff
Mar 16, 2004
Pee Jay
mazranz.smugmug.com
Zan,

If you're planning to buy it as a daily driver for work and all, then maybe auto would be better as you will be stuck in traffic quite a bit... but I would still recommend going for a manual if you do find one. Even if the auto has 'manual' control, it's not the same. And once the bug has bitten, you'll realize that the auto box is just not good enough.

I wouldn't call it a sports car if it has an auto box!

nicole_nic

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2005
KL
www.nic-o-le.blogspot.com
i just re-newed my insurance and road tax.. it's not rm4k+ for both.. road tax is rm4,371 and for my insurance, it's rm4,448 as i insured it for rm180k.. that's the market value according to my insurance agent.. btw, mine is a 05' model with AT

as for service, i use motul engine oil hence it's rm185 per bottle.. brake pads i'm using endless pads.. so front and rear pads will cost me rm1,150.. i changed my spark plugs too which cost rm520..

for a normal service, my bill will be usually less than rm500.. it depends what engine oil u're using..

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
i just re-newed my insurance and road tax.. it's not rm4k+ for both.. road tax is rm4,371 and for my insurance, it's rm4,448 as i insured it for rm180k.. that's the market value according to my insurance agent.. btw, mine is a 05' model with AT

as for service, i use motul engine oil hence it's rm185 per bottle.. brake pads i'm using endless pads.. so front and rear pads will cost me rm1,150.. i changed my spark plugs too which cost rm520..

for a normal service, my bill will be usually less than rm500.. it depends what engine oil u're using..
rm180k coverage is quite high....the 06 with HR engine is selling rm18x K at car dealer only...

Applejuice

Known Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
i also was not a fan of the manual gearbox, and wasent much of a racer so i didnt care too much about the brakes, and i specifically wanted the auto because i wasent too good with driving a manual. but the bug bites! and now i regret.
the difference with the 03 and the 05 is not much, just the 2 year difference. dont worry, at the end of the day, its still a Japanese car, and its very reliable, im sure it would last 5 years.

anyways the decision is yours to make, im just letting you know my opinions. :smile:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
i also was not a fan of the manual gearbox, and wasent much of a racer so i didnt care too much about the brakes, and i specifically wanted the auto because i wasent too good with driving a manual. but the bug bites! and now i regret.
the difference with the 03 and the 05 is not much, just the 2 year difference. dont worry, at the end of the day, its still a Japanese car, and its very reliable, im sure it would last 5 years.

anyways the decision is yours to make, im just letting you know my opinions. :smile:
im using auto also....its not bad actually.....with little bit upgrades, its fun to drive..

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
For fuel consumption, its depend on each individual and also the car. If your car is modified, then more fuel will be eaten up...standard engine then more KM you will get from it. If you don't floor it all the time, then you can get more KM out if a littler.

Applejuice

Known Member
Nov 27, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
yupp, just changing the exhaust and air intake can rise the fuel consumption to a noticeable level, especially if you put the straight/test pipe.

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
You ain't kidding...by putting the straight pipe, your fuel will be going down faster and worst is....the muffler noise inside your car will be LOUD!:mad::mad::mad:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all MODmasters,

I have a Cordia 1.8L and now using magma 1.5L.I just bought this car from my bos last year and trying to change the engine.The cordia engine was blown before this my bos told me.I'm a noobie in modding cars but are keen in learning and getting a new engine for a start . I plan to play turbo since i never had one before. so the questions goes like this:

1. What are the list of engine should be compliant to my car?

2. What are the price for each engines, since i'm...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience