Need some opinions - TEIN/TANABE?

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
Guys,
need some opinions...which one is better in terms of handling, comfort, etc?

Tein S-tech or Tanabe GF210? both are suitable with stock absorbers. price wise...almost the same...any other suggestions?:burnout:

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
Bro..what size is yr wheels and do you normally drive around with 4-5 ppl in the car?
Reason I ask is when u lower yr altezza, scratching of your car bottom will be a headache especially over our infamous Malaysian road humps with unstandardised height and width...:mad:

syahrul37

Mar 22, 2005
Tanabe is more comfortable and good handling...Tein is harder...Base on my experience...

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
Bro..what size is yr wheels and do you normally drive around with 4-5 ppl in the car?
Reason I ask is when u lower yr altezza, scratching of your car bottom will be a headache especially over our infamous Malaysian road humps with unstandardised height and width...:mad:
Bro Greytezza, 17"...Normally with 3-4 ppl...yes I understand the problems when lowering the car, but I think the stock springs are a bit soft. Or do u suggest to maintain the stock springs and go with aftermarket absorbers?

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
G221..For a 17" wheel, I suggest just changing the shocks and maintain the ori springs..a harder setting shocks with the ori springs will work for daily driving.
But end of the day, it is still yr decision...:biggrin:

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
alright..thanks guys!!!...will think about it.:burnout:

ryonan

Known Member
Aug 13, 2004
normally people change springs. i think very rare people change absorber without the springs..
springs adjust height only...supports the chassis. actual "suspension" work is done by the absorber.
altezza is soft mostly due to the absorber. so if u want firmer ride but do not want to spend too much, i recommend to change the springs...but not the other way round. even better is to change both so that they are compatible with each other..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Rpm2 Racing Malaysia now offers complete custom pistons! From great companies such as Wiseco and Ross, if you would like a custom size, comp. ratio, or anything! Just let us know and we can get them made for you! From Mitsus to Motorcycles and even ATV's, we can have anything custom made.

Please Contact
Rpm2 Racing Malaysia
Syahz's FotoPage - Fotopages.com
[email protected]
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience