Need some info of 3SGTE again!

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
Hi all,
I found a cheap 3SGTE halfcut from Caldina (98-01 version).. Are it the same performance which are provide by Celica ST205?

I find online, found the different is Caldina 3SGTE no water cooler... and share the same hp with 3SGTE from Celica... So hence, better get a halfcut from Caldina rather than Celica ST205?

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
that is ST215 caldina 3sgte......cheaper yes but no big brakes....so total same amount too....running plug coil not distributor

if get auto version it comes with tiptronic on the steering u have to install complete if not maybe check light will appear......

what is it actually u need to halfcut for? i see u ask about modded st205, for your st205?
post some pic of ur st205 so next time i see i know it is ori st205...haha

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

mamat can u sms me ur no....i forgot to save it today

auto is around RM3K.....manual is around RM4-5K.......my caldina is using adjustable from this model

wfhan

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
selangor
sorry, just want to tumpang asking a bit..

Is the tiptronic steering of Caldina compatible with Tiptronic of Altezza ?
looking for possible replacement of altezza tiptronic steering...?

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
that is ST215 caldina 3sgte......cheaper yes but no big brakes....so total same amount too....running plug coil not distributor

if get auto version it comes with tiptronic on the steering u have to install complete if not maybe check light will appear......

what is it actually u need to halfcut for? i see u ask about modded st205, for your st205?
post some pic of ur st205 so next time i see i know it is ori st205...haha

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 PM ----------

mamat can u sms me ur no....i forgot to save it today

auto is around RM3K.....manual is around RM4-5K.......my caldina is using adjustable from this model

Sorry for hide the story behind...
I actually got 3 fren planed to mod their Toyota SE to 3SGTE engine, because all of them willing to quit from 4AGTE already... Cause thinking of reliable, performance and cheaper performance part too...
And I was the person who recommend them to pump in 3SGTE from ST205 and above... cause as I know the internal part of the ST205 are better than the ST185 and 165... Performance also better.

Anyway, my bro found a Caldina (Manual) halfcut.. Price is RM3,500 only, not sure worth or not lo...

2 of them already found the halfcut, and only just need 1 more to accomplish searching. Thanks for runner afford...

mamatAE111

Known Member
Oct 25, 2006
TRDAE92, can you give me location of workshop that are good in swap 3SGE into AE chasis.?
I'm just starting researching whether to get Beams or 3SGTE....
People say turbo maintenance turbo higher, but I've used mazda B6 turbo standard before, no problem.
Maybe if mod, then maintenance will become higher than stock, I thinklah. I Never mod engine before...

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
TRDAE92, can you give me location of workshop that are good in swap 3SGE into AE chasis.?
I'm just starting researching whether to get Beams or 3SGTE....
People say turbo maintenance turbo higher, but I've used mazda B6 turbo standard before, no problem.
Maybe if mod, then maintenance will become higher than stock, I thinklah. I Never mod engine before...
My workshop? I not doing at KL wo... If KL you may refer to corollagtouring lo... He should have a nice workshop for u to install.
Maintenance high? Depend on how to use lo... Bigger boost and bigger turbo will short the life span too...
3SGTE is much reliable than 4AGE/ZE to 4AGTE lo...

MR. TOM'S

Known Member
Apr 28, 2006
me oso wanna add a Q...
if using intercooler top mount tat using water cooler..(sorry dont know exact name for this)...isit posible to make it to front mount???? like normal intercooler..

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
me oso wanna add a Q...
if using intercooler top mount tat using water cooler..(sorry dont know exact name for this)...isit posible to make it to front mount???? like normal intercooler..
I worry it not going to work. The water level problem.

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

sorry, just want to tumpang asking a bit..

Is the tiptronic steering of Caldina compatible with Tiptronic of Altezza ?
looking for possible replacement of altezza tiptronic steering...?
No ideal... I never use tiptronic before....

n0th1n

1,000 RPM
Feb 7, 2005
japan
junk-dealer.blogspot.com
fed up with 4agte and swap with 3sgte?
why?
how much dyno 4agte will produce? care to share?

tom's

2,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
subang
www.zerotohundred.com
me oso wanna add a Q...
if on ST205 the eng light will turn on.....so i use MR2 3rd gen onward ecu no problem.....or either that u can try remove the water cooled "water level sensor" and tape it up so always maintain full and no check light on, 1 guy did that when i sold him the 205 wiring to match with his 185 engine

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
fed up with 4agte and swap with 3sgte?
why?
how much dyno 4agte will produce? care to share?
Sorry I dunno what thier dyno result... I think they fed up with 4AGTE lo, but not sure is real or not...

muzhaffar

Known Member
Dec 1, 2008
maybe this question had been asked before..
my car is running st185 3sgte engine..
can i upgrade the engine + all wiring using the caldina one?
donno which version..
but it originally come with auto or mayb tiptronic gearbox..
can i use the auto gearbox to my car?(corona st171)
or can i just use manual gearbox that i use now?
thanks in advance

TRD.AE92

500 RPM
Apr 10, 2009
maybe this question had been asked before..
my car is running st185 3sgte engine..
can i upgrade the engine + all wiring using the caldina one?
donno which version..
but it originally come with auto or mayb tiptronic gearbox..
can i use the auto gearbox to my car?(corona st171)
or can i just use manual gearbox that i use now?
thanks in advance
You much identify is Tiptronic version or auto version.
Both need to match.. example:
3SGTE (ST185) + Caldina gearbox (Auto) + Wiring & ECU (Auto) = Working!
3SGTE (ST185) + Caldina gearbox (Auto) + Wiring & ECU (Tiptronic) = Not Working!

Anyway, if you plan to upgrade or heavy use the engine... I do suggest you take the engine from ST205 and above.... ST205 and above is an improved version from ST165 & 185... Internal part are much stronger and last more lasting...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How can I remove the watermark at the windscreen? It is the area not covered by the wipers.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience