Need some helps about gear box!!

Jun 5, 2009
Transmission: Automatic
Engine: 1G-FE (in-line 6 cylinder)

my gear box having some problem..might need to change the whole gear box..
any idea how much is the gear box or half cut??
thx so much!!

green

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
kl
unfortunately, since the 1G FE is very very rare in malaysia. It will be very difficult for you to find a gearbox in malaysia, nor the halfcut. You can however find the "other" altezza engine 3SGE halfcut.

First thing is, pls find out whats ur gearbox code number. This is located on your car (silver)plate in the engine compartment. There will be a few codes there, look for the trans/axle code. I am guessing its A650E or sumthing. 3SGE gearbox may not fit to your 1GFE engine

there's also a few things you can do.

1)check with vision ah wei. I think he may be able to help you out. If I recall, he may have a 1GFE gearbox 0123452155

2)transplant the normal altezza 3SGE engine with the gearbox. This halfcut you can get in malaysia anywhr. manual or auto is your choice. Halfcut for manual will cost about rm8k to 10k.
Auto halfcut should be below 8k

3) go for a 1jzgte transplant. :adore: The thread is already in zerotohundred.com

good luck

coriolis

Known Member
Jul 9, 2008
3) go for a 1jzgte transplant. :adore: The thread is already in zerotohundred.com
I see what you did there, lol!

Still, good advice overall. :top:

cal_vin

Known Member
Jan 2, 2005
can 3sge auto change to manual... what would b the cost??? remain engine and change only gearbox???

stepwyew

Known Member
Feb 10, 2006
can 3sge auto change to manual... what would b the cost??? remain engine and change only gearbox???
Well ....3 years ago someone did it , he bought the whole halfcut of the altezza manual . Then remove whatever required and exchange or additional to it ,like ecu , clutch , engine wiring hardness , clutch peddle , manual gear box , meter cluster and so fore

After he did everything he sold the engine , auto gear box and what ever related to it to other ppl

Costing wise , i m not too sure

Y?............you want to change from auto to manual?

1JZtezza

Known Member
Sep 26, 2008
bro calvin,

I got a 3sg manual if u want.asking for Rm2300.00!!

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

oh 6speed!

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We met the 2010 Japan Super GT racequeens sometime last week and have already brought you the photoshoot of the gorgeous duo. Kozue Nitta (Koko) and Megumi Hattori (Mimi) are down in Malaysia to promote this weekend's Malaysian round of the Super GT race, so while we work overtime to make sure our equipment is ready to bring you their "other friends", here's the behind the scenes video of the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience