Need help Sentra N13 with GA16 engine

npk

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
Idling has been erratic.

Hope to get some comments :-

1. Where to get replacement solenoids?
2. Where to get replacement carburettor?
3. If can't get original carburettor, what other carb can be used( Hitachi
or Weber)? Where can I get them?

Thanks.

NPK
---------------

coolval

Known Member
Jan 4, 2004
JB
Is it a ga16de?
I used to have idling problems at one time.. It just needed to be tuned higher.. My mechanic used to say..

babywolfz

Known Member
Dec 14, 2004
bro.. i think it's a GA16ds coz it says a replacement carb :) urs is a fuel injection prob... but yeah tuning the carb higher wont coz much idling but it will consume alot of petrol... :) maybe can try flushing the carb.. set the tuning for equal amount of air n petrol flowin tru the carb and see... if still like that.. dismantle the carb n service it (washing) then try again :) hope this helps

weber tunin runs fairly fast... each time u go rev happy the tuning runs... then headache :)
try checkin with ur mech regardin the prob with the carb... check the spark plugs and cables as well :)

banzai

1,000 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
KL \ Ipoh
Visit site
how about GA16de? i got a b14 and the idling is erratic too, especially while cold.within the first few minutes of driving and releasing the pedal, the rpm will almost drop to zero, and sometimes, it does.

npk

Known Member
Dec 25, 2005
I found out that the gasket between the carb and inlet manifold was damaged. There is cooling water running to the point. Once the gasket does not hold well, water get into the inlet manifold, causing the engine to or go down very low on RPM when idling.

I removed my carb, made a gasket using industrial grade gasket sheet(you can buy gasket sheet from spare part shops), use a No 10 and No 12 common ring spanners to knock around the edges(to "cut" out the gasket). This is how gaskets are made/shaped in the early days where pre shaped gaskets are not available.

I found out that the contact surfaces were having "hi-low" spots. Bot a brand new griding stone(rectangle type) and flatten the spots. Before grinding, I spray a thin coat of black paint and leave it to dry.(once the whole area has no black paint/mark during grinding, I know that the hi-low spots are removed).

I applied a thin coat of gasket sealant(do not use silicon sealant, petrol fumes from carb will attack silicon, causing leaks. SOme parts shop will tell you that silicon is OK but read the instruction and it is clearly written that they are not suitable for petrol) and fix back the gasket.

The engine did not run smooth for few minutes, guess there was still water in the combustion system....after about 10 mins, when the engine started to be hot, it runs well...no problem after that.

Think about it, the gasket may be there for the last 10-15 years...guess no harm to change it, right??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear all,

I just picked up my NCP42 few days ago and the tires kept hitting the fender.
the parts that were installed for the entire suspension were:

1. APM Performax Absorber
2. APM Performax Spring
3. 250mm spacer
4. Front lower arm
5. KYB front absorber bush
6. KYB Front Absorber Mounting
7. SILICONE SATAY BUSH

its driving me crazy. its lowered and the stance is nice but hitting the fender each time is stupidly driving me nuts.

the cheapest solution
1. install spring buffer
2. install...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience