Need Help on Kenari Aircond

zhaf_b16

Known Member
Aug 9, 2006
Hi guys. I need some help/opinions. I've just changed the compressor (recond) and condensor of my wife's Kenari last Saturday. The aircond mechanic suggested me to upgrade to a thicker condensor. He told me that upgrading the condensor will solve the aircond not cool during jam problem. So I agreed to fit the thicker condensor. So they take out and serviced the pipes, cooling coil, blower, etc. They also changed a valve (I don't know what exactly it was called) at the cooling coil.

At the same day after the change, the aircond works good.

But on the 2nd day, the aircond was not so cool during idle. I went inside a bank, leaving the car on idle and aircond running since my wife and baby is inside the car. When I got back inside the car, my wife complained about it. But a minute or two after driving it back, the aircond seems to be working good.

Later that evening, I have to return back to Seremban from Batu Pahat. At first the aircond was good but before reaching the Ayer Keroh RNR, the damn aircond is starting to make problem. The hissing sound at the cooling coil (beneath the dashboard) is quite loud and the aircond is not cool. I turned off the aircond for the rest of the journey. Luckily the weather is hot. Parked the car at Jusco Seremban for about 1 and a half hour, and during the journey back to home the aircond is working good back.

This morning during the journey to work, I've tried the aircond but it seems no good. I'm not satisfied with the cool level.

I am very dissappointed and hope you guys can help me out on this issue. Why does I still experience aircond problems even when I changed the compressor and also upgrade to a thicker condensor? I've heard that many has fitted additional fan to the condensor to solve this issue. I've also heard that some has changed to a bigger compressor but don't the fuel consumption will become higher? Please share if any of you also experienced the same problem. Thank you so much.

Dayline668

1,500 RPM
Aug 4, 2007
KL
Just notice the thread was 2012-08... lol...

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've seen on the road an aftermarket suspension for AE111 and AE101. I am talking about the lower control arms anybody here knows what brand is it?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience