Need advise

Thomas83

Aug 23, 2008
Hi guys, i've done some silly mistake yesterday by forgeting to put back on the radiator cap after refilling wif some water inside the radiator. And i've been driving without the radiator cap for about 20 km juz to realize tat my power steering became hard and can hear some knocking sound from the a/c and the light from the a/c keeps on blinking. I only realise tat sth is wrong when the water temp is already at H level. I'm afraid tat tis will cause internal damage especially to the head gasket and will it damaged the piston as well? Heard some people said tat it will damage the seal as well.. What shall i do? Should i do guys? Any idea?

rakesh_v6

Mar 31, 2006
KL
20km should not be an issue i guess,i have did the same thing as well :biggrin: and i refilled it let the engin cool down for a while and it works as per normal

Thomas83

Aug 23, 2008
I fill the radiator wif anti- freeze liquid 50:50 wif water. Before it i realise tat i forgot to put back the cap. Juz wanted to ask does u experience the same syntom like it happened to me? Such as the knocking sound, a/c light keeps on blinking, steering became hard and of course the water temp went right up to H level. I'm just afraid tat the anti-Freeze inside the radiator might went to the silinder and the conbustion chamber mix wif the engine oil. Scared tat it might coz a permanent damaged to the car. Should i bring the car to the workshop to double check it? Or should i juz leave it like tat and continue driving like normal? Anyway, thanks a lot for the info bro!

rakesh_v6

Mar 31, 2006
KL
my steering was normal but i had the indication light on and the level of temp was on High apart from that none and i din bring to any mechanic but if u dont feel good just bring ur ride and consult with ur mech as we all know precaution is better than cure :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey guys, im a real newbie to the car modification world so im after some advice
ive got an old 1968 toyota corona that i want to fix up and turn into a bit of a screamer
i want to put a new engine in it, but dont know what my options are...
im thinkin hopefully a high power 4-cylinder...
but really dont know what will fit and what wont
any advice???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience