Need advice or opinion

dariusw

Dec 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I was wondering is there any 4g15 or 4g18 DOHC engine which is suitable to install onto iswara???
If do does it require to modified the mounting???

Need advice from all the sifu here..... Thanks....

Viera Sasaki

Known Member
Feb 17, 2011
Perlis,Malaysia
Hmm... U wanted a twin cam right? How about 4G91 (1.5 DOHC) or 4G92 (1.6 DOHC). If u wanted a more spirited drive, I recommend u to swap to 4G93T (1.8 DOHC + Turbo Charged). The choice is yours...

dariusw

Dec 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm... U wanted a twin cam right? How about 4G91 (1.5 DOHC) or 4G92 (1.6 DOHC). If u wanted a more spirited drive, I recommend u to swap to 4G93T (1.8 DOHC + Turbo Charged). The choice is yours...
Thanks for the info.....
But if I'm not mistaken 4G91 and 4G92 engine mounting were different frm Iswara and required modification on the mounting. Was trying to look for the twin cam engine which need not to modified the mounting. As i don't have any idea on the model that can fit in iswara.
Can't upgrade to 1.8 due to original were 1.3cc only....:tongue:

Viera Sasaki

Known Member
Feb 17, 2011
Perlis,Malaysia
Hmm... If that's the case then u have to do some 'rojak' modification to ur engine la. I'm not sure whether u can just swap the head from SOHC to DOHC or not.

Yup! I agree. Even I myself still using the legendary 4G15 SOHC with a Stage 2 modification. I think the most powerful SOHC, 4 cylinder, 1.5L N/A is D15B from Honda. It produce power around 110-120hp on the cranckshaft for a stock spec.

dariusw

Dec 26, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hmm... If that's the case then u have to do some 'rojak' modification to ur engine la. I'm not sure whether u can just swap the head from SOHC to DOHC or not.

Yup! I agree. Even I myself still using the legendary 4G15 SOHC with a Stage 2 modification. I think the most powerful SOHC, 4 cylinder, 1.5L N/A is D15B from Honda. It produce power around 110-120hp on the cranckshaft for a stock spec.
So what things need to be mod on stage 1 and stage 2.
I only have cap ayam 4-2-1 and drop in K&N air filter.
Need advise.......

papagoines

Orang Tua
Feb 6, 2006
Rawang/Selangor
Need advise.......
refer to dis 4G1x taikor at -> http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/proton/365482-4g1series-we-are-proud-for-what-we-are-save-the-sohcs-6.html#post1063430862
my "mod" at the moment very minimum, only lower spring (with comfort absorber), no brand 4-2-1 extractor, K&N drop in air filter, rim change from 13" to 14", engine stock, no bar, no ground wire, no vs, boring right?
....and he's a GRA regular :adore:

steven7810

mivec user
Oct 12, 2004
kuala lumpur
Hello....last 10 years i do my modified at my Proton Iswara 1.3...
1.1.6 clutch
2.mitsubishi suuper touring flywheel 1.8
3.Perdana stater nice sound..
4.plug cable
5.15 inch rim JRD
6.4-1

now and current
i already convert to MIVEC 1.6 manual Black top..
now day mivec cost you around RM 10K...
If want to save cost go for 4G91 dohc manual...

Viera Sasaki

Known Member
Feb 17, 2011
Perlis,Malaysia
Need advise.......
Stage 1 usually involve a mild mod which is good for daily use, such as sport springs, drop in air filter, extractor etc. For stage 2, it involves a bit aggressive mod compared to stage1 and it's suitable for track and daily use. For example a high-cam, hi-lo adj absorber, cylinder head port & polished and so on. It's actually depend on what stage are u referring to, whether it is specifically engine only or for the overall car mod.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Honda’s bread and butter Civic is due in for a full-model change and the new 2012 model has been teased in this rendering from Honda. It’s not much but this is all we have of a front shot of the next gen Civic, before a concept model is displayed at the upcoming Detroit Auto Show in January.

On the whole, the Civic seems to have adopted a more...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience