Need advice about a Kancil

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Bro just roll your fender will do.. if you put spring buffers on lowered springs, it'll cause your ride even more bumpier.. i've tried it before.. just roll the fender will do.. and use narrower tyre if possible.. have fun..

currently running on all stock suspension. just now saw at a shop apexi adjustable suspension for 500. i dont know if its genuine or not. have been searching in the net about it but no luck. going to sg. rasah too see if they can roll the fender. not really in the mind of changing to narrower tires as the tyres now are brand spanking new.

can anyone give me any info on this apexi adjustable suspension on this kancil? review or anything. and if anyone know whats the price range for mines adjustable suspension for kancil. saw it running about 600.

hi all. i think i just screwed myself bigtime.
ive just changed my suspension to the apexi adjustable and ive ended up with a lowered car and also the rear tires are rubbing like crazy. even crazier than before, even with the hard suspension setup. i need help and fast. PLIZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

currently running on all stock suspension. just now saw at a shop apexi adjustable suspension for 500. i dont know if its genuine or not. have been searching in the net about it but no luck. going to sg. rasah too see if they can roll the fender. not really in the mind of changing to narrower tires as the tyres now are brand spanking new.

can anyone give me any info on this apexi adjustable suspension on this kancil? review or anything. and if anyone know whats the price range for mines adjustable suspension for kancil. saw it running about 600.

Oh dear I couldnt reply in time LOL. Apex'i for all I know never made anything for Daihatsu Mira's... I'd really really suggest getting narrower tires a.k.a streching them since you've already lowered your car...

If you do plan to get proper adjustables i'd suggest trying out TiTan or HWL's :biggrin: . Dont bother with GAB, they wont last.

Just curious, whats the width/offset of the wheels you're running on now? And is the rear camber adjustable?

Last edited:
Oh dear I couldnt reply in time LOL. Apex'i for all I know never made anything for Daihatsu Mira's... I'd really really suggest getting narrower tires a.k.a streching them since you've already lowered your car...

If you do plan to get proper adjustables i'd suggest trying out TiTan or HWL's :biggrin: . Dont bother with GAB, they wont last.

Just curious, whats the width/offset of the wheels you're running on now? And is the rear camber adjustable?

I've got these adjustables from brothers. I think its really a big gamble but as for now, I'm really enjoying it. The ride is almost like stock.
I've already got the problem solved. I've just put new, thicker rubber bushes for the rear suspension. raised it about 1.5 inches and its not really troubling the handling.
I've thought about changing to narrower tires but sayang la, got new tires and all, rase very rugi.
About the wheel size, if im not mistaken, its 14x5.5 and the tires are 165/55 r14.
The rear camber is not adjustable and both sides are running on different angles. Asked the pomen about this and he said that a big shunt on the arse can change the camber a bit. I got shunt about 2 years back by a BMW in Penang.
P/s: learned the hard way about buying adjustable suspensions. You cant adjust the rear ones.
I think now I can concentrate a bit on getting more power for the car. Any ideas?

Last edited:
I've got these adjustables from brothers. I think its really a big gamble but as for now, I'm really enjoying it. The ride is almost like stock.
I've already got the problem solved. I've just put new, thicker rubber bushes for the rear suspension. raised it about 1.5 inches and its not really troubling the handling.
I've thought about not mistaken, its 14x5.5 and the tires are 165/55 r14.
The rear camber is not adjustable and both sides are running on different angles. Asked the pomen about this and he said thachanging to narrower tires but sayang la, got new tires and all, rase very rugi.
About the wheel size, if im t a big shunt on the arse can change the camber a bit. I got shunt about 2 years back by a BMW in Penang.
P/s: learned the hard way about buying adjustable suspensions. You cant adjust the rear ones.
I think now I can concentrate a bit on getting more power for the car. Any ideas?

Haha yeah for Kancil's you can adjust the rear springs, kinda like my wagon's springs also pfft. Weber? :biggrin:

Haha yeah for Kancil's you can adjust the rear springs, kinda like my wagon's springs also pfft. Weber? :biggrin:

I'm trying to find the carbs but to no avail. obviously cant find a new one because the price will be stupendous but i can't find a used one either. you've mentioned it gets me better fuel economy. how? isn't the mantra:"more power = more fuel"?
And do i need to have a custom manifold or anything else or just get a custom base for the carb?
A shop in glenmarie, power zone has a package for 2k+ by changing the cams,port and polish and other stuff.should i consider that?

I'm trying to find the carbs but to no avail. obviously cant find a new one because the price will be stupendous but i can't find a used one either. you've mentioned it gets me better fuel economy. how? isn't the mantra:"more power = more fuel"?
And do i need to have a custom manifold or anything else or just get a custom base for the carb?
A shop in glenmarie, power zone has a package for 2k+ by changing the cams,port and polish and other stuff.should i consider that?

Mmm I went straight to uncle ramly here in PJ la, he gets the carb + tapak and tunes it up so it took the headache out from sourcing stuff. I dont know, sorcery perhaps? :biggrin: I think my old carbs were out of tune anyways in the first place ahaha. Oh you just need the tapak, they'll do that for you no issue there!

Well, if you love your 6-valve 660cc carb 3-cylinder, why not? I would just for the uniqueness, get the downdraft carb, cams, port & polish then wiretuck the whole engine bay.

It wont be the fastest but heck it'll be unique la :rolleyes: . Just my 2 cents...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom