Need advice about a Kancil

Kowreck Corleone

Known Member
Oct 3, 2009
Shah Alam
Ive currently have a Kancil 850EX and Im thinking of turning it into a street legal race car @ track day car. this is what im thinking of doing:

1. Adding a bolt on turbo
2. Changing the suspension
3. Changing the ECU/piggyback ECU
4. The usual air filter and exhaust bits
5. Adding a roll cage
6. Stripping the interior

So, anyone have any opinions on what I am thinking of doing? What should I do first? And can anyone give me any limits on the mods so that Im not gonna be stopped by the JPJ andthe polis traffic?

Thanks for all the feedback in advance......

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Ive currently have a Kancil 850EX and Im thinking of turning it into a street legal race car @ track day car. this is what im thinking of doing:

1. Adding a bolt on turbo
2. Changing the suspension
3. Changing the ECU/piggyback ECU
4. The usual air filter and exhaust bits
5. Adding a roll cage
6. Stripping the interior

So, anyone have any opinions on what I am thinking of doing? What should I do first? And can anyone give me any limits on the mods so that Im not gonna be stopped by the JPJ andthe polis traffic?

Thanks for all the feedback in advance......
1. Like DanzEterna said, you wont get much out of a 850cc engine, best bet is get the L2 engine as said by Danz again, theres alot more aftermarket help with that here.

2. TiTan's coilovers seem to be good in the custom making area, how bout giving them a call?

3. I have no idea about the ECU part tho, haha. Standalone for a track car? :biggrin:

4. Lol air filter mods and exhaust mods are the most basic things you can do to a car, not gonna give you a hell lot of power.

5 Now this is illegal, if you wanna hide it from the roadblocks try putting it behind the ABC pillars, haha. OR you can get your car autofoamed, if you dont know what it is try google, their KL website is more than helpful to explain.

6. Its gonna be irritating, 3 cylinders + big exhaust system :rolleyes:, I think for just a weekend toy keep the interior lah, the kancil is already so light... work on handling :driver:

Hope this helps dude... haha.

Kowreck Corleone

Known Member
Oct 3, 2009
Shah Alam
OK change of plan.....
because of a budget crisis got to to only lite mods...
cant really change to l2 since dad also use car.....
dont want him to go racing at nite...
so anything that u rekomen????

foofis

Known Member
May 23, 2010
Johor
I am a L2 owner and boosting 0.9bar with an automatic transmission. Its officially my GF's "first" car that she need it to take her everywhere. But also I bought that car for her coz I wanna learn "turbo". What I can share with you, owning a L2 is like owning a 1200cc kancil. It is easy to drive, powerwise is just nice, maintenance is simple, change semi sythetic oil regularly. And thats about it. You dont have to worry who is driving it. Its not hard to drive at all. So I hope this clears your doubt. 850cc engine is not very durable for BOT, unless you do alot internal mod. With a simple L2 engine, change to td04 or IHI turbo boosting 0.9bar is already very responsive car to drive.

Kowreck Corleone

Known Member
Oct 3, 2009
Shah Alam
like rite now i want to stick to the 850...
lot of sentimental values la bro....
850 is like heart and sole of kancil...
hehehehe...

but seriously sumone told me about a supercharger kit by a company in malaysia...
powerzone i think.....
any sifu can comment on this SC???

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Powerzone superchargers arent cheap, prepare a few K to install it... Theres a reason you dont see them on a lot of kancils :bawling:.

Why not just do the usual bolt-on's then see if youre satisfied with the performance? Its so light already i'd try to work on the handling, mini go kart ahaha :burnout:

Just my 2 cents anyway bro...

foofis

Known Member
May 23, 2010
Johor
Powerzone superchargers arent cheap, prepare a few K to install it... Theres a reason you dont see them on a lot of kancils :bawling:.

Why not just do the usual bolt-on's then see if youre satisfied with the performance? Its so light already i'd try to work on the handling, mini go kart ahaha :burnout:

Just my 2 cents anyway bro...
bro ur car supercharged ? wow

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
u wanna supercharge it? ive a charger unit for sale, i can even do the project for u if u like. pm for details, tq sir

foofis

Known Member
May 23, 2010
Johor
hmmm, interesting. I might want to supercharge my car, my other car. PM me your contact and info bout ur SC kit n labor charges, thanks

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
from experience, to bot you need to change your internals to better internals....dun listen to people saying upgrade this and that, but internal stock....you need to use better pistons such as 2e toyota pistons..if possible, use conrod all also have to change...metal gasket....den only maybe that time you are ready...supercharz wiv stock internals??ahah..unless you risk blowing your engine in a few months time..ahah..dun listen to people who say very2 simple only..ahah...i gone through the way...countless times running to machine shop, sparepart shop, bolt shop...headache i tell you..aah..if you bot wiv stock internals, most boost you can use is up to 0.4 bar, that also no gurantee how long the stock pistons can take the pressure..ahaha.....i am using a turbo stock engine and i dun even risk to blow the boost up to 0.8-0.9 bar for longevity of the engine...don't wanna risk my money go flying...ahah...but maybe thats my preference....haha...

---------- Post added at 09:10 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

aha..one more thing..since yours is 850ex, you might have plans to upgrade your carb to say...weber or mikuni carbs?..ahaha..unless you really know wat you are achieving and doing..then its possible..i have touched mikuni carbs..and i can say...just buy buying the carb alone and doing back the tuning..the amount of money and time spend to do all this....could have save the money and get a halfcut..ahaha..less headache...a carb is not so simple...you need the correct jettings for your car..let say running a 1.3 carb on a small cc car..its totally different..aha..

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
ae101, can ler using std internals, alredi been done to lotsa cars. change the metal gasket to thicker for dat peace of mind, the most important thing is the tuning part. joshua thiran of millennium motorsports always come to mind when ever u need to tune it up reliably.

get the iswara carb jer for the 850, it will supply fuel as long as u ask for it, or until the engine blows, lol a fren of mine did just dat wit his charade 1.0liter. it was fast as hell, for a subcompact. no need expensive webbers dah

ae101rulez

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2005
erm...
hehe...mmg can be done...but how much boost they running...ahaha...got plenty of bot around the market nowadays...ahaha..but how much boost those running compared wiv original turbo engine..ahaha..wanna pasang supercharger and turbo both into kancil engine also can be done one...haha..but hve to see how long it last la..ahaha..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I don;t know how to explain,

Here my problem, I changed the aftermarket throttle body, then i realize my the throttle body which connected to TPS sensor rotate not as what it suppose to be.

Mean the rotation of throttle body not same as TPS sensor. Did you guys know whether

1) All TPS sensor rotate same way ( follow clock wise )
2) Or could I get another TPS sensor which rotate differance way( lawan arah jam )

anyway I'm using toyota 3sgte.

Anyone could advice me ..
It almost a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience