Need advice: 4g93 SOHC auto 'semput'

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
haha! the car got some lag/hesitation when accelerating. example, when accelerate from complete stop on power mode, 1st gear going to 2nd gear pulls until 5k and shift, 2nd gear to 3rd gear, rpm when up smooth until say 3.5k-4k rpm then it lags and drops to 3k and slowly climb to 5k and shift to 3rd gear. same from 3rd gear to 4th gear and once shift to 4th gear, suddenly the car shift to final gear and rpm drops to cruising level 3k+-. with aircon on, engine got a lot of pinging at 3.5k-4k. if set distributor and timing to stock, no power at all. so, had to advance the timing and distributor.

i don't know if it's the gearbox that's causing it but gearbox already overhauled. been pulling hair trying to figure out the problem. what i've done so far: gearbox overhauled, air filter changed works/simota to drop in, ISC changed and readjust TPS thrice, new iridium plugs, change pcv valve. the lag is not as serious as before after readjust the ISC and TPS and fuel consumption improved a lot but the car does feels a bit heavy tho.

latest problem after my negeri sembilan interstate driving, gearbox 1st gear slips/free if i shift to d quickly and step on the gas. maybe overheat coz it was damn hot that day and we did drove on hill and slope and i had to off my OD on downhill coz 1.5 disc not having enough grips. :banghead:
wa.. macam never ending issues je.....

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
haha! the car got some lag/hesitation when accelerating. example, when accelerate from complete stop on power mode, 1st gear going to 2nd gear pulls until 5k and shift, 2nd gear to 3rd gear, rpm when up smooth until say 3.5k-4k rpm then it lags and drops to 3k and slowly climb to 5k and shift to 3rd gear. same from 3rd gear to 4th gear and once shift to 4th gear, suddenly the car shift to final gear and rpm drops to cruising level 3k+-. with aircon on, engine got a lot of pinging at 3.5k-4k. if set distributor and timing to stock, no power at all. so, had to advance the timing and distributor.

i don't know if it's the gearbox that's causing it but gearbox already overhauled. been pulling hair trying to figure out the problem. what i've done so far: gearbox overhauled, air filter changed works/simota to drop in, ISC changed and readjust TPS thrice, new iridium plugs, change pcv valve. the lag is not as serious as before after readjust the ISC and TPS and fuel consumption improved a lot but the car does feels a bit heavy tho.

latest problem after my negeri sembilan interstate driving, gearbox 1st gear slips/free if i shift to d quickly and step on the gas. maybe overheat coz it was damn hot that day and we did drove on hill and slope and i had to off my OD on downhill coz 1.5 disc not having enough grips. :banghead:
Did you check your compression? Usually if engine no power at stock and need to advance the timing, the compression should be low....:smokin:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Did you check your compression? Usually if engine no power at stock and need to advance the timing, the compression should be low....:smokin:
Nope. Since I already plan to do top overhaul, I don't think it was necessary. Already told the mechanic and they will check it and do the repairs if needed.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Nope. Since I already plan to do top overhaul, I don't think it was necessary. Already told the mechanic and they will check it and do the repairs if needed.
Yup, since open up better check everything, may need at least ring change if piston and cylinder wall is still good....

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Yup, since open up better check everything, may need at least ring change if piston and cylinder wall is still good....
yeah. hence he quote me price with piston ring change. so no budget for pnp. haha. might go with 2.0 parts but see how my budget is gonna be when i send the car this saturday.

dking91

Known Member
Mar 26, 2013
pekan
Just to share my exp...check all vacuum hose...check ur timing using timing light(if timing not stable change distribtor). Last time my car got knocking.. When topoverhaul notice valve bengkok...ur check enjin ok right?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Just to share my exp...check all vacuum hose...check ur timing using timing light(if timing not stable change distribtor). Last time my car got knocking.. When topoverhaul notice valve bengkok...ur check enjin ok right?

Sent from my Redmi Note 2 using Tapatalk
CEL happened once. and that was due to the TPS sensor socket broke and was loose. workshop check for errors and came out as TPS. had to use cable tie to hold it. now no more CEL. timing done with timing light by GT Auto before going on the dyno. they told me engine not enough, too much air. got white smoke while on dyno, they said valve seal need replacement.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
yeah. hence he quote me price with piston ring change. so no budget for pnp. haha. might go with 2.0 parts but see how my budget is gonna be when i send the car this saturday.
What 2.0 parts? If displacement the same, no point using 2.0 parts, right?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
oversize valve set and springs. piston still using stock if the cylinder is still ok. if not, might have to fork out some more cash to rebore and change piston. :bawling:
Valve bigger no need change head? How to fit?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Valve bigger no need change head? How to fit?
easy job and atleast nowadays is cheaper to do...

all on machine shop skills....

back then....they charged arm and leg to do that mod...now since many machine shop knew how to do oversized valve, price if more affordable now....

i think roughly around 1k for 16v head?

on my race bike to get 2v head done properly including all other precision machining on combustion chamber etc etc the workmanship charge alone is around rm400 on current price.. (last time is 1k) :smokin:

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
easy job and atleast nowadays is cheaper to do...

all on machine shop skills....

back then....they charged arm and leg to do that mod...now since many machine shop knew how to do oversized valve, price if more affordable now....

i think roughly around 1k for 16v head?

on my race bike to get 2v head done properly including all other precision machining on combustion chamber etc etc the workmanship charge alone is around rm400 on current price.. (last time is 1k) :smokin:
i got quoted around RM2k for the parts (including piston rings) and workmanship. hehe. :driver:

y2188

Known Member
Jan 4, 2016
Petaling Jaya
Pay for petrol and lunch and I'll get you your 1000km in one day. Deal?
Open offer already, tunggu apa lagi? :biggrin:
Let me know if co-driver is possible.
bro. y2188, offer on.....hhahhahahhahah:driver:
:lol:

I'm only kidding la dude. Anyway happy running in.

April 2nd DIT is coming next week. Do I have all those interested in the Whatsapp group already?
Damn guys, i just realised all these replies.. sorry for the late reply hahahaha im afraid izso will doze off driving my boring car :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

If you bought a Nissan GT-R when it first rolled off the factory floor, you were addled with the dilemma of having almost 500hp under your right foot’s command and a launch control system to send the car into orbit but using the system would immediately void the warranty.

The ensuing complains had Nissan just drop the launch control system altogether for the 2010 model. However, the revised 2012 model comes...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience