Myvi vibrates!

Mar 25, 2013
Klang
Hi there,
my Myvi 1.3 (manual) apparently having some serious issues with vibration. When it reaches about 80km/h, the vibration starts, and remains all the way up to 120km/h. It's kinda bad till the whole body shakes! :bawling:Here are the few things I've done so far:

- Checked all 4 rims for any dents at two diff shops, nil found.
- Checked all 4 tires, and apparently found one of the rear tires with signs of lump. Both rear tires replaced, still problem persist.
- Did my wheel balancing and alignment, nil fix.
- thought it can be the driveshaft since the whole body is vibrating, got it checked at two different shop, and both said its perfectly fine.

I know that i'm missing something here.:hmmmm: Anybody can offer me any tips or advice what can be the prob??

Thank you:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
What about checking your steering rack? Might be the problem.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Engine mounting?

Try to find the source of the vibration. Where is the vibration? Steering? Dashboard? Chasis, etc?
Then check whether when stationary does it vibrate when you rev the engine. If no..then you may focus on spinning parts like wheel bushes, suspension, steering rack, bearing, etc.

mahen86

Mar 25, 2013
Klang
well, when it's stationary its fine. The vibration starts basically at 80km/h, and all the way up to 120km/h.:driver: During the vibration, whole body, which includes steering, dashboard, and even my drivers seat shakes! :bawling:And yes, I've got my wheel bearings checked too, and that's fine too. You guys think the steering rack has gotta to do with this vibration?:confused:

Last edited:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
well, when it's stationary its fine. The vibration starts basically at 80km/h, and all the way up to 120km/h.:driver: During the vibration, whole body, which includes steering, dashboard, and even my drivers seat shakes! :bawling:And yes, I've got my wheel bearings checked too, and that's fine too. You guys think the steering rack has gotta to do with this vibration?:confused:
I thought you felt the vibrations on the steering wheel only.
If whole car, like cvkit mentioned, check the bush and suspension and see. But get the
steering rack checked as well.

mh wong

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
tyroidend, lower arm...ball joint.....check 1st

last time im using continental 14 inche new tyre.....my car vibrate....change to goodyr....vibration settle.....now continental put at rear, dun waste mah.

Neo_

Known Member
Sep 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
yes,sometimes the tyre can cause this too . i faced this problem and it was caused by the tire.but it just went of after i drove around 100-150 km with that tyres.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
If steering wheel vibrate then it is front wheel unbalance. If the whole car vibrates (body) then it is the rear wheel balancing problems.
Jack up and spin the wheels, see if it is turning round or not. If got very uneven spin that is the likely cause.
Like bro. EvoV7 mentioned check whether you rims need center cone to be fitted, but normally center cone vibration problem comes in at higher speed of 100kph

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Warp rotor normally vibrates when you hit the brakes, if not, should not have vibration.....
Not entirely true. I had to do a on-wheel balancing to discover the problem. Braking wasn't so obvious, though it did vibrate when braking. Speeding it only vibrated at certain speeds. It was pretty weird, logic dictates that it should vibrate more on braking not speeding. Oh well. Old problem gone and resolved.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Maserati designers may just be shocked to death at the sight of this. Never have they thought that an Italian firm, Ellena srl Autotrasformazioni would turn the beautiful Maserati Ghibli into a hearse. Ellena srl Autotrasformazioni is a company that provides fancy last rides for people, with Mercedes-Benz lineup being the other two model in its fleet.

It is not clear why the Ghibli...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience