Myvi radio diagram

twistedpotato

Aug 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Need help. Anyone knows the radio wiring diagram for first gen myvi? Want to try to diy my install new head unit but I can't seem to find the correct wiring diagram anywhere online. Would appreciate if anyone can shed some light. Thanks!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Easier to go to a DIY shop and get a test light and a 9V battery. Ground is usually black.

I've DIY-ed this before, it's quite easy with the test light. You just need to figure out live, ground, ignition (turn on and off key and test with test light), left / right speakers (+ and - wires, can test with 9V battery. Temporarily hook the + and - to the battery and see if moves the cone of the speaker. If yes you got the right + and -).

twistedpotato

Aug 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Easier to go to a DIY shop and get a test light and a 9V battery. Ground is usually black.

I've DIY-ed this before, it's quite easy with the test light. You just need to figure out live, ground, ignition (turn on and off key and test with test light), left / right speakers (+ and - wires, can test with 9V battery. Temporarily hook the + and - to the battery and see if moves the cone of the speaker. If yes you got the right + and -).
You're a saint! Ok if I get this right.. basically the live/battert wire is always constantly on. In this case the test light would be on all the time? And the ignition/acc wire would only have current when the ignition is on? Also I found this online

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3951/imag0035ip.jpg

Looks similar to the socket I have.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yes you are correct! But get a test light, not a test pen. Ground the test light and look for power, ign and you're pretty much set. It's very very easy - seriously.

Only thing is when cutting and joining wires, make sure you do it properly. Twist clean copper wires, bend and wrap right with shrink wrap or solder the wires nicely. I made a mistake of just twisting the wires and carelessly wrapping them in wire tape, it popped out a lot. Didn't help my suspension was hard and car bounced a lot.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

OH btw.. the myvi will need a new faceplate or whatever you call that. Unless your Myvi is using the double din player? Mine's the stupid integrated one.

twistedpotato

Aug 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yes you are correct! But get a test light, not a test pen. Ground the test light and look for power, ign and you're pretty much set. It's very very easy - seriously.

Only thing is when cutting and joining wires, make sure you do it properly. Twist clean copper wires, bend and wrap right with shrink wrap or solder the wires nicely. I made a mistake of just twisting the wires and carelessly wrapping them in wire tape, it popped out a lot. Didn't help my suspension was hard and car bounced a lot.

---------- Post added at 07:40 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

OH btw.. the myvi will need a new faceplate or whatever you call that. Unless your Myvi is using the double din player? Mine's the stupid integrated one.
Ahh I see. Thanks Izso! Haha yea got that cover as well. Only thing left is to fix it up now. Lol I got a basic single din only. Can't stand switching and burning Cds all the time. Saving up to replace the crappy speakers. Gonna try it out this weekend. Hopefully I don't screw up any fuses.
Btw for the HUs ground wire right do I connect it to the car sockets ground wire or do I attach it to the cars chassis?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You're a saint! Ok if I get this right.. basically the live/battert wire is always constantly on. In this case the test light would be on all the time? And the ignition/acc wire would only have current when the ignition is on? Also I found this online

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/3951/imag0035ip.jpg

Looks similar to the socket I have.
Usually there will be two live wires to the HU. On constant for for memory, the other through the ignition when on to power up the HU...

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Ahh I see. Thanks Izso! Haha yea got that cover as well. Only thing left is to fix it up now. Lol I got a basic single din only. Can't stand switching and burning Cds all the time. Saving up to replace the crappy speakers. Gonna try it out this weekend. Hopefully I don't screw up any fuses.
Btw for the HUs ground wire right do I connect it to the car sockets ground wire or do I attach it to the cars chassis?
You can ground to chassis if it is more convenient....:driver:

twistedpotato

Aug 9, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Usually there will be two live wires to the HU. On constant for for memory, the other through the ignition when on to power up the HU...

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

You can ground to chassis if it is more convenient....:driver:
Noted. Thank you bro!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, my car recently reach its 100k mark. Been a very good car, but the engine has a little noise and vibration lately. Just so happen i found a reasonable solution, and went to my local Tesco store and grab a bottle of Tufoil.

So here are a couple of question before using it,

1) Would 1 bottle be enough for my 2.4 liter engine?
2) Is there any Precautions before using?
3) Instead of using half a bottle for the subsequent change, could i use the whole bottle (silly question)...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience