Myvi 1.3 Auto 4-1 or 4-2-1?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Ya I know there is no best setup but really need to know cause now I using oem extractor but aftermarket bullet and straight flow muffler which is killing my fc. Myvi has good pick up and now I'm more concern about the topspeed as I can only achieve 160-170 and 180 when there is a downhill. I wouldn't mind about the sound but I love loud exhaust sound tho :biggrin: Hahaha

Better not go so fast in the Myvi. Even my Persona also maxed out at 190 dy la. Why so fast.

brandylau

Jan 5, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
What piping size are you using? I have heard many good reviews with myvi AT using 4-1 extractor. Even 4-1 on manual myvi is good too. But it seems that 421 has lesser reviews and some even dislike the car performance when 421 is used in an auto tranny. To be safe, go for 4-1. However, on the reason why your fc is high could be probably because of your current exhaust setup also. If not mistaken myvi auto should use S-flow muffler. Need clarification on that. Dont trust me 100%
I'm using stock piping from extractor to bullet then bullet to muffler is 1.6. No problem thanks for the advice! :)

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

For people who know nothing about exhaust, best if you have a big budget. Just go to a trusted shop and pay them to upgrade your exhaust. Like Everco, Jian Hang, Ijal (Danz recommended, forgot the exact name), etc.

If you want to learn then people here will be more than willing to share and teach.

If you're looking for suggestions, easiest to just pay someone to do for you.
Definitely I would like to learn more about exhaust setup. I heard of Everco full exhaust system but it's a big price for it. Haha

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:14 PM ----------

Well, another thing is when you start to mod especially to get more power and top speed your FC will increase. Most of the time you cannot have the best of both worlds. Fuel is need to increase power and top speed.
Ya that's true. But does the extractor and muffler play a role in the fc? Like s flow and straight flow cause people say straight flow for auto will increase fc but s flow helps save fc :hmmmm:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya that's true. But does the extractor and muffler play a role in the fc? Like s flow and straight flow cause people say straight flow for auto will increase fc but s flow helps save fc :hmmmm:
Once you alter the exhaust flow, reduce back pressure, drop in torque graph your fc will sure suffer.
Whether straight or S flow, I don't think the fc will be better then stock.
Once you have the smoothness and the power your right foot will definitely become heavy....hhahahha:biggrin:

brandylau

Jan 5, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Once you alter the exhaust flow, reduce back pressure, drop in torque graph your fc will sure suffer.
Whether straight or S flow, I don't think the fc will be better then stock.
Once you have the smoothness and the power your right foot will definitely become heavy....hhahahha:biggrin:
Hahaha that's very true :) but is there a difference in fc level between s flow and straight flow? Well we can't compare with stock fc but just between these two? Ya that's very true cause my right foot is heavier already. Hahaha :burnout:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahaha that's very true :) but is there a difference in fc level between s flow and straight flow? Well we can't compare with stock fc but just between these two? Ya that's very true cause my right foot is heavier already. Hahaha :burnout:
Oh! I thought you meant fc compared to stock, because most do, as they always say want extractor and straight thru' but also want better fc....:banghead:

If compared between the 2 probably S-flow better as have slightly more restriction against straight thru'....:driver:

brandylau

Jan 5, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Oh! I thought you meant fc compared to stock, because most do, as they always say want extractor and straight thru' but also want better fc....:banghead:

If compared between the 2 probably S-flow better as have slightly more restriction against straight thru'....:driver:
Hahaha we can't compare back to stock cause we have already modify the exhaust system. Well power means fuel and fuel means high fc haha. So basically s flow has better fc compared to straight flow? Thanks for the advice bro.

Well does the extractor play apart of fc also? Like 4-2-1 and 4-1?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hahaha we can't compare back to stock cause we have already modify the exhaust system. Well power means fuel and fuel means high fc haha. So basically s flow has better fc compared to straight flow? Thanks for the advice bro.

Between the two not sure but against stock will have because stock still have cat con....:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I just noticed your name is "Brandy Lau". If you're a girl I'm flabberghasted and welcome you since your knowledge is not at the average / typical girl level. Interest wise is impressive too as you seem to be asking the 'right' questions, so much so no one yet is irritated. :biggrin:

Anyway, the differences between 4-2-1 and 4-1 is how the exhaust gases are pushed out. Read up on the scavenging effect within exhaust systems as well. In very generic layman terms : the easier it is for the exhaust to go out, the less effort engine needs to push it out, the faster the exhaust gas flow, less energy lost trying to "exhale". To some extent it means you have lower power in the lower rev ranges since a certain velocity is required to force the exhaust gases out. But it also means mid-range to high rev range the power is better since lesser restriction when the gas velocity is higher.

Generally the exhaust gases are "exhaled" in pulses and whether you use 4-1 or 4-2-1 dictates how those gases travel to the atmosphere. Which is why you need a proper tuned length extractor otherwise it's a waste of time changing to either one if the car is too short or small to use a proper length runner/extractor. Having had a "tuned" length 4-2-1 for my old Wira, I personally feel the Myvi is too short/small to have a properly tuned length one which is why just stick with the stock 4-1 la.

Mind you, this info isn't 100% accurate, there's a lot of other things that contribute to how the exhaust works. It's just a general explanation of how it sort of works.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am now certain the 330e isn't exactly an athletic car. it was wishful thinking that with the benefit of an 80+ hp electric motor paired with decent sportiness of the F30, would turn the e-quivalent into a bionic 330i.

In truth the 330e is more like a 320i loaded with BMW's famed plug-in e drive system but with a colossal 200kg extra, and a surplus that weighs as much as a human family...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience