My Turbo Kit on 4G91

tr4657

Jul 30, 2005
Kajang
I installed a 4G91 DOHC into my wira in year 2000. After sometime, I installed a GSR turbo kit into it. I know the consequences; the engine is not capable of handling a turbo in NA engine but my engine is automatic so it won't go into high rev unless i dropped it manually to 2 or OD off.

Here is the problem and my engine setup:
the injectors are original
throttle body is GSR
turbine is TD06 double fin
cut off still at 175-180kmh
intercooler 1.8 standard (small one)
Denso Iridium Spark Plugs
Simota Cone Air Filter

After installing it, there is no difference; in fact, the engine is slower is speed compared when I didn't installed the KIT. Power comes in the middle of revving. If I pressed to hard, engine roars hard but no speed, if I pressed pedal at the middle, power comes but still pickup slow.

Right now, when I turned the aircond, the the engine and rev needle is not stable, playing between 600rpm to 1200rpm then dropped back to 600/500 rpm...

Anyone faced this problem before? Please let me know? Is it becoz of the injectors? Which injectors is suitable...? I also installed another fuel pump at the engine... Themachanic said that the engine will require two fuel pumps... Don't know if it is the cause of the problem... Maybe the throttle body? Please anyone have done this, tell me the solution in detail... Of course, don't tell me to get the original GSR engine... :)

Any help is appreciated...

Previously without turbo, I can even follow GTI on pickup
nut now, even a standard wira can follow me at start...

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
u sure GSR using td06?
i think td04 onli rite....
if it's td06...how much boost u running????

bcareful wit ur fueling...should have change 2 gsr injector also...
n then u need at least SAFC 2 make it run smooth...
if its td05...then i think running at 0.5 is minimum edi...dun think can go lower than tat
wat about fuel pump...

gsrTurbo9166

500 RPM
Apr 23, 2005
yes it is true
this is my experience
although i'm using gsr juz wan 2 change to td05
the mech oso ask me to change the injector from evo

if not ur engine don hv enough fuel to run at
so better change the injector to a bigger size eg.evo or gsr

tks

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
USJ
Visit site
u havent mentioned anything about your ECU or management...i'm guessing u dont have any form of management?

differ

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Petaling Jaya
danielczh.multiply.com
stock turbine for GSR 4G93T is TD04L single-fin.

i think the problem is the way your engine is rojak-ed. your setup is lacking in a lot of important parts, injectors especially. and then you will need some electronics to manage the new fueling.

and also bear in mind your stock N/A block will not be able handle much pressure as compared to a F/I block.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
yup...might blow ur gasket...
lower the compression by using thicker metal gasket...
but the most important thing is engine management n fueling...

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Yeah, i think its pointless if u manage to have more air going into the engine but without the proper amount of fuel mixing its pointless.. this are very important factors.. running lean n stuff will affect ur engine life span

ruhaz

Known Member
May 1, 2004
i think it's becoz of lag..
u r using TD06 twin blade with 1.8 puny intercooler??
u r pressing a big turbo into small i'cooler..
for comparison standard vr4 turbo is TDO5 bro...

try change the turbo to TD05/td04
i think it will resolve the problem...
a little...

just my 0.5 cents opinion

Last edited:

tr4657

Jul 30, 2005
Kajang
That's what I saw when I installed the kt first time... But after that, the turbine was wrecked... Then I don't know what the turbine series was since I left it 4 times at the shop (near TUDM sg Besi)... 4 times the turbine was changed, of course i don't pay for that since the shop guarantees...

OK, I think the fuel injectors maybe the problem; one of my wireman friend said to upgrade the ECU to GSR since all the parts are exactly the same as GSR... Honestly, there are always ppl don't believe my engine was only 1.5...

Any other ideas? Turbina problem? Maybe I should check and downgrade to which?

tr4657

Jul 30, 2005
Kajang
:D one more thing, FYI; or to others; if you upgrade to installed a kit; better upgrade the radiator tank to a bigger one; mine was changed to 1.8 since overheat three times... sigh....

SPEEDSPiRiT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
kenny-lee.com
fueling enough? change your fuel pump or not? you are using external pump? injectors? afr?
intercooler is small but should be enough for u..

or ur fuel pump is too big making ur car sluggish? is ur car too rich?
do u have any management to tune ur car? wat ecu or wat management r u using?

injectors get stock GSR should be enough i guess... depending on ur fuel pump and also how much u want to boost...

maybe ur whole set up is already messy?

ur pick is weak but how about the mid range power?
or when the turbo kick in?

Last edited:

hamsap

1,500 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
PJ/ KL
differ said:
stock turbine for GSR 4G93T is TD04L single-fin.

i think the problem is the way your engine is rojak-ed. your setup is lacking in a lot of important parts, injectors especially. and then you will need some electronics to manage the new fueling.

and also bear in mind your stock N/A block will not be able handle much pressure as compared to a F/I block.
All CD5A 4G93T GSR TD04L turbine comes only in twin-fin configuration...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As per title.. since the lights are from kedai potong.. so you know laa.. scratches everywhere.. is there any way aaa to over come those scratches aaa.. please la help.. cause look so obvious laa.. thanks.. :confused: :confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience