My Next Upgrade: Suspension

Which type of suspension you prefer the most?

• Tein HA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tein Super Street

• Tein Flex

• Tein Mono Flex

• GAB SS

• Koni Yellow + Eibach spring

• Aragosta

• Spoon

• Others (please mention)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
BMW is continental cars category..I heard that bilstein is a good quality..after i review every comment and advise, even my own survey, the best for N16 are stock shock absorber there as APM..KYB not produce shock absorber for N16..So,*Speed2horizon*,where the Titan shop nearby Subang area..?? Sunway..??
Titan is somewhere near pandan Indah. Go try them out.

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
Good info there. May I ask where did you get your Bilstein and how long is the warranty?
I got mine from the east Malaysia Bilstein dealer. Warranty is as standard which is 1 year. From the reviews, reliability is not an issue for Bilstein abs and most last least 5-8 years which makes it worth every penny spent.

wan_k278

Feb 12, 2012
Shah Alam
Pandan indah..?? which area,dude..?? yesterday, I went to some workshop in PJ and Sunway area..I ask a mechanic on what is a perfect suspension for me, he said, go to stock shock absorber and if I want to lowered my car in 1 inch, he advise me to use Eibach pro kit because for this both combination, I will get a comfortable drive. Meanwhile, he said that if I'm using eibach pro kit, may *keras* for suspension. But compare with APM & GAB shock absorber, which one is best quality and long lasting usage..?? Before I want to change my suspension, I need to survey kaw2, because I need to spend my money..So, guys, please help me..really appreciate ur advise and opinion..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
guys,last question if local shock absorber, which one u guys prefer to..either GAB,APM or KYB..
RCS n TITAN are local brand/made too... Hehe...
KYB aren't local brand. Though they have manufacturing plant all over ye world.

Magna

May 28, 2007
What you guys view on Hot Bits DT1 in terms of reliability and services? Although total cost for servicing and reinstall a set of 4 at RM480, how about the turnaround time? Some one say take a few weeks!!!

Surely we cant afford to let the car idle there for few weeks? Or we keep our ori part for interim use while they service???

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
As the title goes, I am about to change my suspension... finally after so long.

I am gonna use BC Bor Chuann BR series with 10k for front and 6k for rear spring rates. Is it ok for my DB8?

Price is slightly over 3k including installation. Is the price right?

Hope to get these info soon cuz i'll be doing it tom.

Yay!!!!

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
guess its ok...but i personally would go for 8k rear.. coz i like em hard.. heh heh heh

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Haha. I thought it is already hard. Lol...

Front 10k ok ke?

10k front, 6k rear... how is comfort wise?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
all i can say its no more comfort but more to track setup..but if u can manage to drive it daily then surely no problem..its just MAYBE to some of "non-car maniac" passenger taking a ride with u surely they'll say something like rock hard/broken backbone etc etc :biggrin:

if me likely that setup would be no fuss at all... :biggrin: but watchout your tyre wear would be faster than usual since u'll be driving on the bends much faster than before..... :driver:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
I'm alone most of the time, sometimes with my gf. That's all. Rarely bring my parents in this car. So, I think not so much of a problem. Seriously can't sleep la. Can't wait to go workshop tom. Haha.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:04 AM ----------

all i can say its no more comfort but more to track setup..but if u can manage to drive it daily then surely no problem..its just MAYBE to some of "non-car maniac" passenger taking a ride with u surely they'll say something like rock hard/broken backbone etc etc :biggrin:

if me likely that setup would be no fuss at all... :biggrin: but watchout your tyre wear would be faster than usual since u'll be driving on the bends much faster than before..... :driver:
I like the one in red!! lol

I just hope it is up to my expectations. Still kinda skeptical with the brand. But a forumer said he was happy with it. Will have to wait and see.

Btw, the sad part, my mechanic said my car is like a boat now. Hope he says car is like go kart tomorrow.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
front 10k is fine...if i were to change my suspension oso ill most likely go for 10k front.

update us when its installed and uve had some test runs...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Wah.. 10k front 6k rear? Seriously? On my car that would be torture for the back. Good luck with the setup! Oh and ask if they allow spring swaps if you change your mind.

BC Racing has nothing but good reviews so far and I hear the damping rate is better than my slushy hotbits. Sigh. Anyone wanna swap?

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
As the title goes, I am about to change my suspension... finally after so long.

I am gonna use BC Bor Chuann BR series with 10k for front and 6k for rear spring rates. Is it ok for my DB8?

Price is slightly over 3k including installation. Is the price right?

Hope to get these info soon cuz i'll be doing it tom.

Yay!!!!
BC what series...?

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

dear sifu's, im having this problem currently. driving halfway, my air-cond starts blowing warm air out, when this occurs my engine temp gauge will hit redline - making the driver panic. after that, the air cond becomes cold again, and the temp goes back down to where it should be. it repeats itself.

if engine overheat, it wont go down so fast to my knowledge.

what could be the problem? radiotor? fan not working? something leaking?

:confused:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience