My Next Upgrade: Suspension

Which type of suspension you prefer the most?

• Tein HA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tein Super Street

• Tein Flex

• Tein Mono Flex

• GAB SS

• Koni Yellow + Eibach spring

• Aragosta

• Spoon

• Others (please mention)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

wan_k278

Feb 12, 2012
Shah Alam
anyone use SSR ZERONE suspension with hi/low soft/hard..?? is this brand are okay..? in a comfort handling for family man..?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
brand doesnt matter...

what does matter is the damping rate and spring rate that was installed (or ordered)

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
To mu opinon, brand = reputation. Does it matter...? Haha.... just personal opinion.

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I also headache dunno which to change for my OEM Absorbers...cuz if compare, ori is around RM500+ excluding suspension mounting...GAB SA Series only around RM600+...just RM100 difference...springs not sure wanna change or use back ori..
RM330 for GAB Lowered Springs...
GAB Malaysia doesn't have very good reputation. This is based on what I've read quite a lot of times in forums. I suggest that you consider other brand/options. :listen:

navydagreat

Known Member
Feb 20, 2006
If around that price, consider Improve Comfort. Not bad reviews i have heard. More comfort and better handling than stock. But if adjustable and more sportier handling, im still sticking to Titan.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
anyone use SSR ZERONE suspension with hi/low soft/hard..?? is this brand are okay..? in a comfort handling for family man..?
Dude, no matter what brand you go for, as long as you choose an adjustable, you can say bye bye to comfort. And unless your wife is a kaki kereta, expect to kena telinga pulling if you use adjustables in your daily family ride! :biggrin:

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
GAB Malaysia doesn't have very good reputation. This is based on what I've read quite a lot of times in forums. I suggest that you consider other brand/options. :listen:
Initially, users are disappointed and felt cheated due to a similar brand name in Japan that went bankrupt. But over the years, i can see the quality of the local GAB has improved. Just IMHO.

If around that price, consider Improve Comfort. Not bad reviews i have heard. More comfort and better handling than stock. But if adjustable and more sportier handling, im still sticking to Titan.
Caus they are totally different technology altogether.

Dude, no matter what brand you go for, as long as you choose an adjustable, you can say bye bye to comfort. And unless your wife is a kaki kereta, expect to kena telinga pulling if you use adjustables in your daily family ride! :biggrin:
This is not necessary true. The characteristic of monotube and twintube absorbers are quite different. I have numeros friends that installed inverted monotubes absorbers on their daily rides without sacrificing the comfort It all depends on how the internals are being set and the chosen valve pistons characteristic, oil viscosity, innert gas pressure and of course the spring rate.

I can only see 3 brands with inverted monotubes in the market.

1) RCS
2) Titan
3) BC Racing(Bor Chuann) which recently are among the top suspension available with reasonable price.

Of course there are others like Bilstein, Ohlins, aragosta, etc. But those are things i cannot affot at the moment. Lolx

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Inverted monotubes are comfortable meh? Perhaps the cars I've sat on are geared more towards performance. I've been on RCS and Titan cars and I can definitely say they are good, but comfort is gone already la. But then again it depends on your definition of comfort, some have higher tolerance than others. For me, anything that doesn't feel like stock isn't comfort already. Stiffer than stock but reasonably comfortable is probably what best describes Titan and RCS I guess.

wan_k278

Feb 12, 2012
Shah Alam
thanks guys for your advises..seem like i cant even change my suspension to adjustable for comfort ride..now, i think i want to install with shock absorber which is GAB,Hotbit for my sentra N16 and spring eibach pro-kit..is that ok..?? i heard alot of positive comment on eibach spring seems this spring are 100% from germany,rite..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
thanks guys for your advises..seem like i cant even change my suspension to adjustable for comfort ride..now, i think i want to install with shock absorber which is GAB,Hotbit for my sentra N16 and spring eibach pro-kit..is that ok..?? i heard alot of positive comment on eibach spring seems this spring are 100% from germany,rite..
My advise is try them out yourself with your friends' car. And Titan, u can just walk into the shop and try different setting on different car. They have a few demo car.

Inverted monotubes are comfortable meh? Perhaps the cars I've sat on are geared more towards performance. I've been on RCS and Titan cars and I can definitely say they are good, but comfort is gone already la. But then again it depends on your definition of comfort, some have higher tolerance than others. For me, anything that doesn't feel like stock isn't comfort already. Stiffer than stock but reasonably comfortable is probably what best describes Titan and RCS I guess.
Urm... If that's the case. At least my friend's FD2R installed with BC ER can be more comfortable than stock... Then again, it depends on how you define comfort as u've mentioned earlier...

But inverted monotube has very different characteristic depending on how the valve pistons are designed. there are linear/linear-progressive/progressive-progressive. Different fluid movement ratio as well. 60/40, 50/50, etc... RCS has more complete variety in terms of valve pistons' design compare to Titan. But Titan is cheaper.

Just IM2CO. And as Izso has mentioned, different ppl will have different definition of comfort. So, wan_k278 , I'll advise you to feel if yourself and define your acceptable comfort level rather than feeling the absorbers with your fingers and keyboards(maybe touch screen)

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Speed2horizon : dude... anything is more comfortable than stock FD2R suspension! :thefinger:

The N16 is not a light car. So if you test this sort of combination make sure it's on another N16. But gotta agree though, original N16 is really soft and it'll be hard to get that sort of comfort and performance at the same time.

I just had a thought, if it's some cornering performance you're looking for, why not just stick with stock absorbers and springs, but upgrade to thicker larger antiroll bars? In my own car (and after spending thousands) I've tested a couple of combinations with the 'cheaper' options (meaning no Koni / Bilstein, etc) I found that upgrading from 19mm to 23mm front ARB and from no rear ARB to 16mm made a humongus difference in cornering performance. More so than rock hard suspension mainly because it was more predictable and controllable compared to hard suspension which relied heavily on good tyre grip. Right now I'm using Hotbits Silver together with a tonne of bars and stuff. I think the Hotbits Silver rebound rate is a little too soft for my liking.

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
Speed2horizon : dude... anything is more comfortable than stock FD2R suspension! :thefinger:

The N16 is not a light car. So if you test this sort of combination make sure it's on another N16. But gotta agree though, original N16 is really soft and it'll be hard to get that sort of comfort and performance at the same time.

I just had a thought, if it's some cornering performance you're looking for, why not just stick with stock absorbers and springs, but upgrade to thicker larger antiroll bars? In my own car (and after spending thousands) I've tested a couple of combinations with the 'cheaper' options (meaning no Koni / Bilstein, etc) I found that upgrading from 19mm to 23mm front ARB and from no rear ARB to 16mm made a humongus difference in cornering performance. More so than rock hard suspension mainly because it was more predictable and controllable compared to hard suspension which relied heavily on good tyre grip. Right now I'm using Hotbits Silver together with a tonne of bars and stuff. I think the Hotbits Silver rebound rate is a little too soft for my liking.
That's right... It purely depends on what kind of "stock" u're comparing with...
And yes, arb is an option.
Btw, :thefinger::thefinger: too...

Jac83

Known Member
Apr 29, 2007
I'm a happy owner of bilstein b6 abs here. Personally i do not think bilstein abs are that expensive in comparing with tein, koni or even titan adjustable abs rather roughly on par or cheaper. I bought mine for 2.8k for a set of 4 abs and when pairing them with stock spring which are tend to be a little on the soft side, the whole setup balance up perfectly due to the bilstein abs tend to be on stiffer side compared to stock abs. As for eibach pro-kit, sorry to dissappoint but i do not think our current one which are marketed at about 1k+- for a set of 4 are made in germany. I'll say more likely some sort of conterfeit or 'asean type' made from taiwan or thailand. Pure eibach pro-kit made in germany cost roughly about 2k++ which are about the price of the bilstein b6 abs themselves. Anyway i can conclude bilstein abs worth every single penny as it is not too stiff nor too soft but just nice plus reliable. Thus no wonder bmw made it as oem abs to most of their car models.

wan_k278

Feb 12, 2012
Shah Alam
BMW is continental cars category..I heard that bilstein is a good quality..after i review every comment and advise, even my own survey, the best for N16 are stock shock absorber there as APM..KYB not produce shock absorber for N16..So,*Speed2horizon*,where the Titan shop nearby Subang area..?? Sunway..??

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
I'm a happy owner of bilstein b6 abs here. Personally i do not think bilstein abs are that expensive in comparing with tein, koni or even titan adjustable abs rather roughly on par or cheaper. I bought mine for 2.8k for a set of 4 abs and when pairing them with stock spring which are tend to be a little on the soft side, the whole setup balance up perfectly due to the bilstein abs tend to be on stiffer side compared to stock abs. As for eibach pro-kit, sorry to dissappoint but i do not think our current one which are marketed at about 1k+- for a set of 4 are made in germany. I'll say more likely some sort of conterfeit or 'asean type' made from taiwan or thailand. Pure eibach pro-kit made in germany cost roughly about 2k++ which are about the price of the bilstein b6 abs themselves. Anyway i can conclude bilstein abs worth every single penny as it is not too stiff nor too soft but just nice plus reliable. Thus no wonder bmw made it as oem abs to most of their car models.
Good info there. May I ask where did you get your Bilstein and how long is the warranty?