My journey from using Meguiar's to Optimum Polymer Technologies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
I believe "Good things are meant to be shared" before I started this thread, I didn't know it will spark so much fireworks. To let you all know the truth none of OPT/detailien members(seech,kc...etc) paid me personally to start this thread for some might thought for marketing purposes. All these I wish to share with others is based on my personal experience as a customer/user of the products I used.

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Meg's local distributor didn't pay me a single sen also but they did thank me for giving free promo for them. I think they should cuz we did quite a few group buys that worth thousands for them, not to mention those individuals that went there personally after being suggested by the number of us in this and the forums. Let me just tell you that I've been barred from going there and purchasing anything from them simply because I was accused of buying in bulk, repacking and selling them in small quantities whereas what I was doing was buying them in quantities and share it out with others (or group buys). Now they have a policy that they don't sell their Professional and Detailer range of product to the general public...hahaha...duh. Doesn't matter though....I'm not on the loosing side. They're available elsewhere and with cheaper price....hahahaha....

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

oh...and yup, I totally agree that good things need to be shared so that others would benefit. But need to share the 'bad' things also so that people that are unaware won't make the same mistake.....sometime I get banned/bashed/barred/bullied/etc. for them but...hey....it's a free country right?

"Biasakan yang betul dan betulkan yang biasa"......as if it has got anything to do with the topic....D*** I'M GETIING OLD AND GRUMPY....hahahaha......

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
\I'm not on the loosing side. They're available elsewhere and with cheaper price....hahahaha....

Yupp. This is the trend today. Open market and borderless world. So each seller is indirectly governed so that they have reasonable price, good quality and good attitude. It is so easy nowadays to buy things from the US and elsewhere.

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
To some curious enthusiast I was a former Meguiar's supporter since late 2010(that's when I was into detailing). I have almost everything like NXT 2.0 liquid(blue bottle, bad product contains petroleum), Scratch X 2.0/Swirl X, Ultimate Quik Wax(black bottle), Deep Crystal Polish Step 2(red bottle), Deep Crystal Step 3 Carnauba Wax(red bottle), Cleaner Wax(red bottle), Ultimate Protectant(black bottle liquid, BAD product that contains petroleum), Quik Detailer(red bottle), Meguiar's Wash Mitt, Supreme Shine MF(a few pieces & damn $$$ @), their applicator foam pads(a few), Engine cleaner(black bottle spray), Engine Dressing(black bottle)...disappointed recalling all I spend. I just review a few and let you all know.

NXT Tech Wax 2.0(blue bottle liquid)-This piece of crap cost me RM128!! And I have to apply to the WHOLE car BEFORE removing the residue! I don't mind this but the durability is ridiculous! 1 week(covered parking) and a normal wash with pH neutral shampoo and I have a sad face. And the clean up of my foam pad is ridiculous too after application. I have to pre soak my foam pads in dish washing liquid and then wash my 3 MF because I don't want to risk scratching the paint wiping off residue.

Evidence here on durability Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0

Ultimate Quik Wax(black spray bottle)-This piece of crap cost me RM58 per bottle of 450ML! Damn. Not even 1/2 liter(500 ML)! This acts as a wax booster and nothing more. Durability should be less than a week if no other protection underneath. Wasting my money!

After about Mid 2011, heard about Optimum No Rinse through ZTH and AW, bought a bottle to try from the detailien/optimum team member Seech. And then tried Optimum Power Clean/Alien Clean which is so nice to use and I can have more mileage for my product use. I can clean from dirty rims, engine bay, paint, leather, interior.......... THE WHOLE CAR in the proper dilution rate for the job. Meaning I can pour into another sprayer and put the correct amount of water to clean even delicate surfaces like leather! You can't do that with Meguiar's engine cleaner and I have to buy other crap from Meguiar's that also cost me more $$$.

Sometime I decided to SWITCH wax/sealant protection to something else so I called up Seech to purchase Optimum Car Wax/Alien Wax to try. After this... I got hooked! My permanent paint protection is Optimum Car wax/Alien Wax and I never turned back!

I have everything I need to make "heads turn" when I park my ride outside in public. I do sometimes have THUMBPRINTS after a day of parking outside in public especially on the bonnet. My secret is a well prepped ride with claying, polishing & sealing with Optimum Car Wax/Alien Wax. That's all. If desire extended durability, sealed with Opti Seal 1st and then let it cure for 1 hour and then top up with Optimum Car wax/Alien Wax for the extra protection and shine.

To some of you might not trust a spray wax BUT I can tell you honestly. This is different! I don't trust it at 1st but after you use it you will know. Optimum Car Wax/Alien Wax is a hybrid wax. It has polymer protection that provides durability of a paint sealant and a appearance of Carnauba Wax. Its the best of both worlds in a bottle.

I have most of Optimum products which I need... Alien wax, instant detailer/gloss enhancer(gives that extra wet look), alien clean, ONR(which I can make QD/clay lube AT ANY DILUTION STRENGTH without buying that Meguiar's RM40 red bottle), Opti Clean(CLEAN INSIDE AND OUTSIDE of my ride even glass)...

Who do you all trust?

Mr. Barry Meguiar(President/CEO of Meguiar's) - I think this guy won't have a clue what is inside his formulations!

OR

Optimum Polymer Technologies, the manufacturer of Optimum Car Care Products, was founded in Memphis, Tennessee, on July 01, 2001 by Dr. David Ghodoussi. Prior to this, Dr. Ghodoussi worked for over 12 years as an Organic Chemist overseeing research and development focused in polymers and automotive paint formulations.

Dr. Ghodoussi received his Ph.D. and Master's degrees in Polymer and Organic Chemistry from Oregon State University and his MBA from University of Memphis. He also holds Bachelor's of Science degrees in Chemical Engineering and in Chemistry from the University of California in Santa Barbara.

He is also the President/CEO of Optimum Polymer Technologies

Lucky I saved my $$$ by not buying the Ultimate Wax or their professional/detailer line from Meguiar's.

To some Meguiar's fan that I may pissed off... I apologize as I was a former supporter too.

---------- Post added at 04:01 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

One more thing I wish to add is Meguiar's Endurance Tyre Dressing(gel/spray), both contains petroleum as in their MSDS. Petroleum+rubber not so happy marriage. :smile:

1 more thing that I wish to ADD about Optimum Car Wax/Alien Wax is the SPEED it gives to protect a vehicle. Take for example traditional paste/liquid wax that requires DRYING before removal of wax residue(say 5-10 minutes waiting?) & with that time I almost finished protecting the car with the spray wax that provides me the same or even better protection than most traditional paste/liquid wax. Some say... why the rush? People like me who couldn't afford homes with a fully covered garage, speed is everything as I wish to get the vehicle protected after a wash or polishing as fast as I can before something(dirt or any abrasive particulate) lands on the paintwork! Imagine buffing off wax residue without you realizing something(dirt or any abrasive particulate) has already landed on the paintwork!

kc2

1,000 RPM
Dec 2, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
thedetailers.blogspot.com
1 more thing that I wish to ADD about Optimum Car Wax/Alien Wax is the SPEED it gives to protect a vehicle. Take for example traditional paste/liquid wax that requires DRYING before removal of wax residue(say 5-10 minutes waiting?) & with that time I almost finished protecting the car with the spray wax that provides me the same or even better protection than most traditional paste/liquid wax. Some say... why the rush? People like me who couldn't afford homes with a fully covered garage, speed is everything as I wish to get the vehicle protected after a wash or polishing as fast as I can before something(dirt or any abrasive particulate) lands on the paintwork! Imagine buffing off wax residue without you realizing something(dirt or any abrasive particulate) has already landed on the paintwork!
Speed is money

many can afford to buy expensive cars not everyone can afford to wash (detail it)...

when it requires too much an effort...nobody does it after months of years....so What I am inculcating in all my workshops to thousand of you who has seen / meet me is this

OWNERSHIP!!!!!....no body does better than u....

aiyah...car wash only rm8 ma.....yupp....try driving yr M3's.... while engine running......bars of pressure from jet spray just splashes on your paint, rims .....extreme changes of temperature...danger of warping up yr brake discs
....so does anyone cares so much as you\

i remembered my OTAI days

I used to spend 4 -6 hours waxing my car ....lasted less than 3 weeks

now 15-20 minutes OPTI seals & Alien wax - with weekly alien no rinse wash 20 minutes (probably the same time anyone were use to drive out to a car wash

Rest of the time I spend with my beloved ones

....at the end of the day ...nobody drive /cod to bring u a car wash & teaches you by the side of the road ...showing you how to?....

and yet we have done it over a thousand times......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

weird problem .....help!

sum problem tat occurs in my car today oni...roughly 1 week i never start my engine at all d,im using 63t evo...just now i went to warming up my engine....ok i let it run....until certain time...i ram my car lor by stepping fuel, if i ram higher....i can see sum smokes come out from my exhaust as well as when i release the paddle too..but when i let the car idle without ram....no smoke at all wo...!! ok....at first i tot of longtime never start d,maybe full...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience