My GDB's problems..why?

GDB-STi

Aug 25, 2005
Australia
hey all..i dunno y, but since u all have a rex i am just wondering if u guys have the problem that i have?after i put on a blow-off, my engine rpm(shown on the dash) can drop to zero believe it or not!i drive half way n gotta stop, i step on the clutch fully, so the car is now in neutral. the rpm just drops instantly not to idle but to like 100 or less!!The problem ot worst!While drivin,comin to a rdabout, brake, clutch in, then the engine just dies out!the rpm is really that low!!is either i rev too much or my gay apex twin chamber doesn't suit new cars?!?i dunno!tell me anyone!or sti's crap?

maxell

Aug 2, 2005
Over there
Take off your BOV, and put back the stock recirc valve. The STi's ECU settings are calibrated precisely for the amount of air which the stock recirc valve will plumb back into the system. So if you bypass this with a BOV which releases this amount of air instead of recirculating it, you will temporarily run extremely rich, thus causing your rpm fluctuations. You will need engine management (e.g. ECU reflash, piggyback chip, etc.) if you insist on keeping the BOV.

Anyway, the stock recirc valve can take a lot more pressure than the stock STi turbo can achieve. Installing an aftermarket BOV will only hurt performance on the STi, unless you have changed the turbo and you are doing a lot more than 1.6 bar.

I suggest you check out the Subaru Club Malaysia forums. Those guys are very helpful and you will find a wealth of technical information and advice.

http://forums.mysubaruclub.com/

Last edited:

capkapak

Jul 26, 2004
Yeah you've got some vacumm leak. As the other forummers suggested, put your ori BOV back. You don't need an aftermarket BOV, the stock BOV doesn't crack until about 1.25-1.3bar. That as well depending on the BOV itself. The ori BOV was designed to collapse to help prevent overboost.

If you really want to go with an aftermarket BOV, I suggest a BOV by GFB. Made in Australia where the Scoobies are a cult icon.

And yeah drop by the Subaru Club Malaysia forums. It'll be good to see new members.

stonebridges

Known Member
Oct 27, 2005
www.oxiwave.com
actually u still can use bov instead of recirc but make sure the bov is from adjustable type.. of course better find the one with stiff spring

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

those 620kg and 500kg measurement is not the weight of the rim
itself(of course la hehe).

actually it's the maximum weight for a single rim can withstand
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience