My A32 driveshaft spoil very easily.. Please help...

Ceffy_999

Known Member
Aug 3, 2008
Dear Feilo owners,

My Ceffy using Eibach Pro-Kit spring & with standard Kayaba gas absorber. I have been changing driveshaft for 2 to 3 times.

Anyone here using the Eibach Pro Kit spring & facing the same problem?

My foreman told me that Nissan Cefiro once lowered, driveshaft not reliable & normally need to change once every half year & once every year (if lucky).

Is this a normal problem for Nissan Cefiro A32?

babiutan

Apr 2, 2005
Bro, How much does it cost to repair or change a new drive shaft? any workshop which u recommend?

Yu911

Known Member
Aug 17, 2006
www.cardomain.com
As I know the Japan driveshaft cost about RM250/pc & ori Nissan is above RM900/pc.
If you lower your car very much than will spoil easily but if not much than it's ok. I think yours is b'coz the quality is not so good so spoil loh!

dream.tent

500 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
KL
www.cardomain.com
Dear Feilo owners,

My Ceffy using Eibach Pro-Kit spring & with standard Kayaba gas absorber. I have been changing driveshaft for 2 to 3 times.

Anyone here using the Eibach Pro Kit spring & facing the same problem?

My foreman told me that Nissan Cefiro once lowered, driveshaft not reliable & normally need to change once every half year & once every year (if lucky).

Is this a normal problem for Nissan Cefiro A32?
Bro Ceffy_999,

Let's work it out this way, to make it easier to troubleshoot:
1, How is your drive shaft being faulty? is the the shaft itself or you meant the ball joint at the end where it connects to the wheel gives knocking sound?
2, Lowering springs may not be a cause for any drive shaft related fault as we have brothers running coilovers which runs much lower than the Prokit ride height.

weikee

500 RPM
Jul 16, 2006
01) if you use large rims
02) if you like to turn the steering to the max till KONG sound
03) I find the used one are more reliable than the brand new one, maybe the brand new one are not original
04) If ur tires always low in air (below recommend psi)
05) if you like to take hard corner

the above mention are some of the cause of faulty CV, it sometime not because one , but combination of few to cause the cv to be short lifespan.

cooper1275

1,000 RPM
Jan 19, 2006
hi guys, long time no talk, been away,
about the drive shaft give way, most likely drive shaft and engine assembly not in right axis,
me use kayaba gas and H&R lowered spring, 17ins.x7j/8j, been driving quite hard especially on Karak highway, love the overall handling especialy corners
, nothing has happenned to my drive shaft, since i bought it in 2006, mine is 1997 A32-3.0v6, never changed the drive shaft,

hope that is of any info?

happy driving safe,

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Updates:
Do not open the TB butterfly using ur finger because it might spoil ur TB as suggested by huakenny.

Tools:
1.Brush&Cup
2.Petrol
3.Size 8 socket to open throttle body
4.Size 10 spanner to open battery.
5.Philip screw driver
6.Pliers

Fist step open negative terminal battery using size 10 spanner.
Since Rafale said reset the FC meter ,so there is no need to open the battery on next time...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience