My 3rd project...Tamiya Z-tune

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Noob here..I want to ask , that tamiya can move or just for display ??

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
wah...how much u bought theS15 spec R?also from tamiya or others brand?
u bought it in s'ban or kl those die cast model...?
maybe we can chit chat a bit on this sat tt section...see u there.......
I bought at KL wan Bvalve, S15 from Aoshima. Got another one is blue colour Spec R also but different from mine. The blue one got spoiler and with white rims that look like CE28. Mine is White without spoiler and with Te37 bronze rim. Look like your car loh..no spoiler.

Noob here..I want to ask , that tamiya can move or just for display ??
Tamiya is for display but the wheel can turn. I don't think got ppl assemble it and play. MOstly put inside a nice cabinet and display.

OMG. Look like a real car undergoing the body works at workshop. :biggrin:
Have to if want to look like real car. :biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Ohh , how much izzit ah ?..
model price depends on brand. For Aoshima about 120 to 130 Tamiya a bit more expensive. The details on the car Tamiya is the most precise wan fitting also nice, 2nd will be Aoshima, some parts may not fit nicely and need to do putty work or sanding to get it right details on the car is a bit less then Tamiya but still can consider quite detail.

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
model price depends on brand. For Aoshima about 120 to 130 Tamiya a bit more expensive. The details on the car Tamiya is the most precise wan fitting also nice, 2nd will be Aoshima, some parts may not fit nicely and need to do putty work or sanding to get it right details on the car is a bit less then Tamiya but still can consider quite detail.
Ohh , thanks for the info..I see that you have alot of car toys and robot toys in your picture ya..

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Looseand, you are welcome...I have a cabinet full of them~~:rofl:

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
Oo , share share , I only have a table with low low small small cheap cheap toy cars

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I post later cause my room now undergoing paint job.

couleur

Known Member
Mar 20, 2008
can teach me how to spray??

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
couleur, I also still earning how to paint.
Looseand, this is my cabinet

loose_end

3,000 RPM
Jul 29, 2009
Malaysia
WAH! , Thanks alot Titan for posting..So many hotwheels..Not open yet also..Can fetch higher price in future ya..Nice Collection bro..I think you have a garage full of cars like your cabinet..

zenlim

Known Member
Oct 30, 2006
Tips for nice paint job...

1. Roughly sand the model car using 1000 sand paper untill all the mold line gone....and make sure it is clean before u spray..

2. Wash the body and let it dry in a tupperware (to avoid the body collecting minor dust)

3. Spray a layer of primeron the body to spot any imperfect..if so sand again then spray some primer to check whether the spot is cleaned...(remember u just spray primer to check any imperfect spot...if possible try to spray as little asd you can, however for grey color primer u must make sure to spray it even and make sure the body is all cover with thin layer of grey primer. Otherwise the color then spray on the primer will be different)

5. Try to spray a few mist coats with the color of your choice...2-3coats...

6. Shoot another few wet coats...u can try shoot at a nearer distance...until u get some watery effect....but dont spray untill the paint bleeding...

7. After u satisfy with the color and you think the color is thick enough to withstand next round of wet sanding...remember after spray the color remember to spray clear coat, this is a must to protect the paint...(if the paint is thin, when u wet sand the body u will sand untill primer then u have to spray the spot again)

8. Put the body in the same tupperware and let it dry for a few day/few weeks...depends on u...then when the paint is dry enough then u can start wet sand and polish. (To check whether the paint is dry or not u can try touch whether the paint is becoming hard and smell whether there is still any paint smell) (To let the paint dry faster, u can put the body in a closed tupperware and put it under the sun every day.)

9. For wet sanding, u need 1500 and 2000 sand paper. U can get them in hardware store, very cheap one. Then u dip the sand paper in water and start sanding evenly to make the body surface smooth...to check whether if u have sand the surface properly...U can take a tissue and wipe the body...when the body is dry u can see whether the surface is completely smooth or not...if there is still some color which is not dull it mean that those spot need to be sanded...

10. After u wet sanding with 1500 sand paper then u do the same step with 2000 sand paper...but during the sanding time..be careful not to over sanding untill u burn through the color layer and sand very soft in edge as they are very easy to sand through...

11. After you have completely sand the body and satisfy with the smoothness..then u can start applying tamiya compound in the body..in this step what u need is patience and rub a lot of time to get the shine u want...i can almost spend one day on rubbing the compound..so if possible please rub as many times as u can...( for those whose do not have tamiya compound u can try using the normal car wax...but u have to rub more times compare to tamiya compound)

12. Now u can enjoy ur nicely done paint job...

P/S Remember when come to achieving a nice paint job, a lot of patience is needed...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Any sifu here know is that possible to install turbo to my 4G91 engine?..How much hp can go?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience