My 3rd project...Tamiya Z-tune

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hi Guys, it's been a while since I did any project so this was my 3rd kit. It's a Tamiya Z-Tune. I have 2 Z- Tune so this is the 1st wan. I wll have to finish this before I start no.2. Well this also serves as a test project for me so if anything that still can improve, I can apply it to the 2nd car. I have another Gundam "Over Flag" waiting for me....:banghead: I was working so I can't have much progress so I finish the under chassis only and I'm now working on the body. Interior I haven't touch it yet.

Well, I've already lay down primer for the body and spotted still some mold line so I re-sand them so you can see some parts from the picture that the primer I've sanded off. Will apply another coat again this weekend, hopefully. The front bumper is not fix I just hold it with masking tape only.

Sanded:
1. the front bumper
2. the front bonnet
3. side skirt (front part)
4. rear bumper
5. rear light cluster side
6. rear boot
7. Roof

ben_gsr2s

Known Member
Apr 3, 2005
Offshore
TitanRev..

great start.. keep us posted

nway, you did mentioned that you currently have 2 GTR Z-tune.. are there going to be 2 different built/theme??

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
ben, this is the 1st kit so it act as a testing subject. If I screw up anything here then I know that I won't repeat the same problem on the 2nd kit. I try to not screw this up too. I'm going to make it a bit different for this.

I will paint it in metallic Yellow and with a matt black hood. Does Tamiya have matt black can spray?

Then the 2nd kit I will just follow the Nismo Z-Tune scheme

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Ayoi, thanks bro...:biggrin:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Hi guys, it's been a while since I reported here. Now I've already painted the main body with a bright yellow and the paint has cure for more than a week already so I started to send it just yesterday and I bump into a trouble now. Please help me here.

The trouble i'm facing is that the paint at the edge or bulge area tend to get sand off and exposing the primer. How do you avoid this? I'm using a grit 2000 sand paper. I can get smooth surface now and still need to sand it till all those coarse surface are really flat. I'm not sanding it hard get light pressure and do it slowly. For those surface that are been sand till the primer has exposed, how do you rescue it?

2nd problem, how to sand hard to reach places or those place that are impossible to reach like the small edges and the bonnet vent area. Do you guys sand those area or just leave it as the light will mostly reflect on large surface area only.

3rd problem, after sanding what you use to make the surface shine? some I know is using Tamiya but how those who don't have it? What do you use?

Please help me here, I'm really puzzled...:bawling:

ayoi84

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2006
1. respray back
2. sand
3. tamiya compound (fine/finish),tamiya wax

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Bro, more detail explanation will be good.

1. respray back?
the whole car body or just the part that the primer is exposing?

2. sand the respray area only right?

3. What if I don't have the stuff you mentioned? Any other was or polish can we use?

4. How about my question on the hard to reach spot and place that are impossible to sand? eg. bonnet vent area and side skirt area.

Care to share your experience?

ayoi84

500 RPM
Jul 18, 2006
1. the whole body lerr...
3. donno ler.. i pakai tamiya compound result ok!! bling2 :)
4. for my ztune (hood) i sand je.. (2000)

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
titan....
newbie asking newbie question:biggrin:
would like to ask y need to sand?
and secondly u use spray gun or tamiya can spray or those rm6 can spray to spray at the die cast?

ariel

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2005
titan....
and secondly u use spray gun or tamiya can spray or those rm6 can spray to spray at the die cast?
...Ya! gud question...I oso want to ask a same...:proud:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
titan....
Bvalve, need to sand because need to sand off those seam lines due so that the line of the cars will look neat and real. I use Tamiya can spray. Now My project stop already but need to resume back cause I still have 1 Z-tune waiting for me, a Gundam and I just bought a S15 Specr R Aero version. White colour....:bawling::bawling:die lah..CNY stay at home do...Kakakaka but I need to take angpau also

bvalve

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
群&#39340
Visit site
wah...how much u bought theS15 spec R?also from tamiya or others brand?
u bought it in s'ban or kl those die cast model...?
maybe we can chit chat a bit on this sat tt section...see u there.......

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi, Im looking for a steering wheel (not the regular one, but something like the performance type, eg: nardi, sparco) for my wira and I prefer to get the original one and not the fake one. Where can I get one and which model would u guys suggest to get? Thank you. :adore:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience