moving to new zealand

z34

Known Member
May 5, 2009
hi everyone!

i'm new in this forum and introduced by some of my friends.

i'll be moving to new zealand in couple of months and will stay there for about three years or so.
i'm thinking of buying a skyline there (regardless it is gtr or gt) of any ver. (regardless it is r32 or 33 or 34).

do you guys hv any idea where to acquire information about owning skyline there?
things that kept playing in my mind are
- nz is left hand drive i think. is it possible to change to right hand drive?
- r34 and the older version of skyline is considered old. is it possible to bring back my car into malaysia if i've done with my business there?
- do u guys have any links that can lead me to skyline owners in nz?

thanks in advance.
long live for skyline:biggrin:

zamad97

Known Member
Oct 9, 2006
Z34.. which area u heading to.. north or south island..

u gan get gtt bellow NZ$15k but if u looking for gtr34.. they are above NZ50K. and they are right handed like malaysia car..

Why u coming here.. study or working.

Anyway.. welcome.:wavey::wavey:

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
if you're bringing it back......please for the love of god...

R.I.P.S it out please!!

NISMO S-TUNE

1,000 RPM
Dec 9, 2008
You can try contact what Frizio had just posted: R.I.P.S They are well known in Skyline and famous in modification! They might be able to help you to source a good Skyline over there..good luck!:biggrin:

z34

Known Member
May 5, 2009
zamad. i don't have any idea where i'll be sent to. is nzd50k for a gtr considered as cheap or expensive there?:hmmmm:

fariz. definitely. :biggrin:

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
hi everyone!

i'm new in this forum and introduced by some of my friends.

i'll be moving to new zealand in couple of months and will stay there for about three years or so.
i'm thinking of buying a skyline there (regardless it is gtr or gt) of any ver. (regardless it is r32 or 33 or 34).

do you guys hv any idea where to acquire information about owning skyline there?
things that kept playing in my mind are
- nz is left hand drive i think. is it possible to change to right hand drive?
- r34 and the older version of skyline is considered old. is it possible to bring back my car into malaysia if i've done with my business there?
- do u guys have any links that can lead me to skyline owners in nz?

thanks in advance.
long live for skyline:biggrin:
I spent almost 10 years of my life in NZ.

It is RHD in NZ!

Join Skylinesdownunder.

It I were to move to NZ, I would immediately go to Rotorua to see RIPS. Then find an already converted RIPS R32 and enjoy the lovely NZ roads!!!

farizio

Known Member
Nov 26, 2007
KL
RB30 baby.. give those Supra boys a run for their money

zamad97

Known Member
Oct 9, 2006
NZ$50k consider cheap but they actually cost more.. maybe the earlier version are cheaper.

like gobiz said.. join the skylinesdownunder.. for info and if u wish to survey the market prize, try here.. trademe.co.nz

gobiz..... why u run out from nz.. tax mahal yer.. :biggrin:

Bump: i don like nz road.. the highway just like our jalan persekutuan.. and no RnR here..

sooooo boring.

Bump: i don like nz road.. the highway just like our jalan persekutuan.. and no RnR here..

sooooo boring.

z34

Known Member
May 5, 2009
thank god it is RHD.

wow. the current price really makes me salivate. as compared to price here in malaysia.

and of course the quality of RIPS' workmanship and their products really impressing. esp the DRAG-R and the stealth bomber.

anyway, zamad, where in nz are u staying rite now? i will be moving there around jan or feb 2010.

zamad97

Known Member
Oct 9, 2006
me .. in wellington.. will be back to malaysia end 2010.. 3 year is enough for me here, "rindu teh tarik malam2":banghead::banghead:

derrickho

Known Member
Jul 11, 2008
tapao lor or DHL there lor hahaha..... can buy 3 in one teh tarik to there also can :rofl::rofl::rofl:

gobiz

500 RPM
May 16, 2004
KL
Visit site
me .. in wellington.. will be back to malaysia end 2010.. 3 year is enough for me here, "rindu teh tarik malam2":banghead::banghead:
no need to rindu ....

just go to dennys, bottomless coffee...can chit chat till morning!:biggrin:

kazar

Known Member
May 3, 2006
Zamad u in Welly?..i used to study in Vic but finished already..lol..
Z34 u could always check www.trademe.co.nz for pricing..cheers

z34

Known Member
May 5, 2009
check already.

r32 gtr can get around nzd20k to nzd30k
r34 gtt can get less than nzd15k
r34 gtr can get around nzd50k to nzd70k
r33 gtr can get around nzd25k to nzd35k
r33 gtr v-spec can get around nzd40k.

the price there are quite yummy.:biggrin:

Last edited:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey -

The following video is a concept active spoiler that we designed and manufactured as a part of a University Project. Please look at the video and let us know what you think of it. The looks (we understand its a 'wood spoiler' but we are interested in the lift mechanism and what you think of how that looks), speed, would you buy it and anything else you feel is applicable! We are looking for general opinions and feed back.

YouTube...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience