Move the battery to the back, any consequences?

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Hi all,
Dropping 4G61 into my front hood caused to limited space in the engine to install something else. So, plan to replace my battery to the back. Just want to know any consequences and any solutions to prevent bad thing happen.

Your opinion and suggestion is much appreciated. Thanks you!

alex962

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
Jay Bee
BRo it's a good move but make sure ur batt is a dry cell cuz if it's asid then i guess sumhow it will harm our health for long term...get wat i mean mine is a satria i also did d same thing put d batt to the back cuz my front also limited...ur batt life will last longer...i did mine for rm200++

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
I moved the batt to the boot on my Galant VR4. Did it at GT Auto for 4XX but the workmanship is superb and they use quality materials. Plus, the boss Thomas did the work (from fabricating the brackets & pulling the wires) everything himself. Wow!

Advantage? Well, move space in front for aftermarket open pod filter and less bends for IC pipes. Overall, a cleaner engine bay.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
RM 400 is already a bargain since the workmanship is 1st class. Plus, the boss himself did all the work. This is what u call a personal touch.

Fluffy

3,000 RPM
May 1, 2005
>>klang<<
i especially like the part where the boss does it himself.show's that he takes care of his customers.

E3newbie

Known Member
Aug 20, 2006
I shifted mine to the back because i transplanted a diff engine. So far no problems but i have 2 dry cells at the back to support my ICE

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Thanks you so much~
Just having one concern, is it possible that the current cable will burn due to overload current or short circuit or blah blah blah... ? If burn, will it burn my car body too???

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
What about grounding cables?

How are we gonna ground the parts in the engine bay if the battery is at the back?

kher

1,500 RPM
Aug 30, 2004
Klang, Selangor
Visit site
acbc said:
RM 400 is already a bargain since the workmanship is 1st class. Plus, the boss himself did all the work. This is what u call a personal touch.
Most of the time i dun regrest spending extra at GT Auto. The work done is always neat n superb.
Thomas is 1 nice guy who will do watever job even like changing engine oil provided he's free.

Btw...moving battery to the boot can make ur battery have longer lifespan rite since there's less heat w/out the engine parts.
I c cars like mercs have battery in the boot.

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
i hav a question,
what kind of the cable is the most suitable to use when move the batt to the back?--for + Positive use?
Any idea where can get it??? thanks a lot.:_:

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
You don't need those 'cheap' grounding cables once u relocate the battery to the boot. Just put a thick '0' welding cable from alternator to body and another from battery to body.

Prior to relocation, I took a multimeter to measure the voltage and got 12.5V. After relocation, I got 12.2V (some minor drop because my car is a sedan and require a long cable). At idling, I got 13.5V before and after relocation. I would consider a 2nd battery once my ICE upgrades.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
is battery relocation from the engine bay to the boot considered as illegal, from JPj's point of view??

Anyone can tell me??

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Latest Offer!!!! Ecu Tuning For Mit.airtrek ..... To Remove Speed Cut Only rm 288...... Second Stage Tuning Remove Speed Cut, Boost Cut, Rev Cut Only rm388,.....and For First Stage Remaping Including Of Remove Speed Cut,boost Cut,rev Cut, Air/fuel Map Tuning Only Rm 788 .....second Stage Remaping Including Fo Remove Speed Cut, Boost Cut,rev Cut, Air/fuel Map Tuning,boost Tuning,ignition Tuning Only rm 988 .. Limiter Time Only........pls...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience