~Motor Insurance Corner~ Anything & Everything About It !

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
how to buy AE86 like that......sure insurance company dowan to insure.....
rm40k++ for an almost 30 year old car....
Do own savings and self insured :rofl:

yopo

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006
i believe we're slowly turning to be like the Japs..
those owning the old/collector's item type of cars can truly be identified as "true enthusiast" or die hard fan cause willing to pay the cost of possessing them and drive it legally on the road with the tax.. :smokin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i think this is due to the new regulation imposed and set up by Bank Negara Malaysia
be it conventional or takaful coverage, those oldies cars now need to submit a higher loading in order to receive a comprehensive coverage..
the demand by the insurance and takaful industry led by the underwriters do contribute to this issue
and indirectly trigger a slow phase on diminishing the old cars lurking around the street of Malaysia
they did try to implement the same treatment applied in Jap or Singapore rite?
those cars with >5 years either been scrapped or you pay a higher insurance/takaful coverage.. ; )
Yah! the minimum of RM10k is not final, forgot about the loading. After 15 years add another 10% and now after 20years add 20% loading...:banghead::banghead:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Yah! the minimum of RM10k is not final, forgot about the loading. After 15 years add another 10% and now after 20years add 20% loading...:banghead::banghead:
still even with maximum NCD.....kena charge by heavy loading back again....

so in any way....we car user still back to the square one....losing side :banghead:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Just consider ourselves lucky that we dont have rules like in Singapore. AE86 wanna drive there, can totally forget about it...not only AE86, Even Supra or RX-7...gonna cost u a lot...

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
just renew my 9 years old Kancil that i gave to lil my sister. etiqa insurans.. minimum isured value is RM12k.. insurans + roadtax + windscreen already RM345.. max ncd already.. :dontknow:

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

next month of march.. need to renew my perdana and satria neo pulak. i hate when it comes new year.. :banghead:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
just renew my 9 years old Kancil that i gave to lil my sister. etiqa insurans.. minimum isured value is RM12k.. insurans + roadtax + windscreen already RM345.. max ncd already.. :dontknow:

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

next month of march.. need to renew my perdana and satria neo pulak. i hate when it comes new year.. :banghead:
If have a few cars must try to split their renewal date......:driver:

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
If have a few cars must try to split their renewal date......:driver:
that's why.. previously i planned to trade in my perdana for a new car. ended up by buying a satria neo and give it to my wife.. only noticed it when it comes to road tax renewal.. salah planning laaa.. :stupid::stupid::stupid:

yopo

Known Member
Jan 28, 2006
..yup..post office do provide a variety of third party insurerers..
and no need to go to puspakom inspection unless for changing of engine or rodtax had expired for more than a year already..
..having a third party coverage will not gonna be the same like the comprehensive one..that's for sure..
we'll have to play with so many risks should any misfortune event happens to our car..:banghead:

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
In other words "we ppl will always b on d losing side"..so wats up wiz d PM saying "rakyat didahulukan" crap????its their pockets yg "didahulukan"!!!...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all Sifus,
I am planning to change my Proton Wira 1.5 siemen ecu and injection to VDO ECU fuel injection. What parts/steps should i obtain before i start the project ?
I already got the VDO ECU , what other thing that need other than the ECU ?

:)
:angel_smile:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience