Morris Minor Wanted

Perdanalusuh

Aug 4, 2006
Bad luck for me... the Morris that I wanted already sold. The car has been there for quite some time but no buyers so I say the the owner give me few days so I can check on workshop for the body repair and engine. Found workshop but car sold.... so unlucky. He priced the car at only RM650... I should grab it the first place !

Hard to find Morris with good body but dead engine. Most either both body and engine in bad condition or body and engine in good condition. I dont mind doing a minor repair on the body but not major repair.

So who ever found a Morris for sale please do inform me.

Afi

Perdanalusuh

Aug 4, 2006
Well got my Morris from Penang.Body still in good shape but engine got gearbox problem.I manage to drive to KL before the car totally breakdown.

Problem :
1.Engine
2.Wiper not functioning
3.Speed meter not functioning
4.Breaks problem
5.No aircond

Went around a saw a morris wagon at a workshop near Rawang toll. Ask the mechanic and his opinion about the car and he say that use the original engine and service the gear but I say that the spareparts is hard to come by and the engine is not reliable anymore (1962). He suggest an engine trasplant and his suggestion

1.Suzuki Jimny 1.3L
2.Datsun 1.5L
3.Daihatsu Mira 600cc with gearbox modifications

I ask aroung and many say they dont do classic car modifications. To much hassle.So no choice go to the first mechanic.

I choose 1st choice but he did not manage to find a good Suzuki engine. Datsun can be consider an old engine so I choose no.3. He promise 1 week but ended up with 1 month plus with tons of problems but he say no problem. Even I'm not a mechanic but some of the modification seems look stupid to me. I cant wait any longer and took the car yesterday when the engine is done but still no aircond and wiper no function.

Guest what... the car breakdown just after 5 minutes drive. I have to take a taxi home. He fixed it and today I driving to work with the car... 2 times engine went dead and I manage to start it after countless try and car start honking me from the back. Just imagine the car went dead in Jln Sultan Ismail... Urgh !!!

I will sent to another mechanic today and it seems that I need to forge out more money...:cry_smile:

`Blitz

Known Member
Jun 23, 2005
Puchong
Hehehe... seems like tons of problems... thats what happen if you buy too cheap...

I dont understand why you need to change the engine to Daihatsu Mira?? Its a 3 cylinder engine and with 660cc, will have trouble carrying that heavy Morris bodyweight.... The wiring is a nightmare plus if its turbocharged, soon the small turbine will wear out and you'll have lots of smoke from the exhaust.... Problematic engine... Looks like your mech doesnt know a thing about Morris...

You should have change the Morris 1.0cc engine to a 1.3cc. Morris minor and austin mini share the same engine except different gearbox type due to the transverse engine position... So better you find a mini halfcut and swap the engine... That way you get more power plus the halfcut comes with disc brakes, aircond system and wiper motor.... problem settled... You also get to retain that original engine bay look....

My friend recently offered me a Morris Minor for RM6,800. He's got too many classic cars and no time to look after the car. The car is running well and has a good bodywork coz he's done all the repair to the car. Just pay and drive home... Luckily im not into Morris Minor...

Last edited: