~*~ Modding Issues ~*~

RPM_freak

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
kLANG
Wazzup guyz .. Just a few things boggling in ma mind about the pros and cons of modding ..

1) Adding body kits/woofers/GT Wing to your car adds on weight, it significantly increases FC or is it not noticeable?

2) I seen a few cars with some crazy front bumpers and GT wings, at an average speed (around 100 kmph) wont it be causing additional drag, rather then providing stability?

3) Modding is definately cool, I see people changing engines (EVO,MIVEC)/ adding turbo to Malaysian made cars..those cars which the engines are coming from are designed to handle the additional power while maintaining the handeling and stability of the car, Malaysian cars as it is are not designed for this purpose so doesnt the risk of lack of grip,handeling and stability worry anyone ??

4) Now to our JPJ friends..We all know they are a bunch of cranky people, SO wats the extreme limit before your definately gonna be given a love letter by them ?

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
1) well, adding too much bodykits (especially widebodykit) and many many woofers can increase ur car weight a little... but proper build bodykits help to prevent drag, thus increase speed... i would say a FC difference is not noticible...

2) as i said, proper designed bodykits can cause less drag... dont go for huge huge batmobile style bumpers, they are heavy and some cause more drag... simply one will do...

3) yes, there are pros and cons putting more powerful engine in proton car chassis, which is much weaker... thats why its alwiz advisable to at least strengthen ur chassis a little more with aftermarket bars or foams...

4) there isnt any limit on when jpj will send u a love letter... it is vr much depends on their mood... mod ur car as much as u like but keep it as stock look as possible...

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
well there're a lot of aspects to modding. Not eveyone is out to smash the 1/4 mile record or be the next Schumacher.

I'm sure you know those ICE and db freaks. The mods they do mostly concerns the sound. Addig bodykit is just to spruce up the image of the car a bit.

Then some are just out to impress. They just want to mod/customize their car to their liking. and hopefully to judges liking as well.

Last but not least those who are power hungry. Everything they must have some benefits to the car's performance.

Of course, everyone has to start somewhere. So you see a lot of wrongly done cars on the road. Also to quote Joeker, one man's meat might be another's poison.

About JPJ, I guess you have to be very well known to kena like that. But usually ICE people don't kena, because their exterior usually stock. But can blast louder than stadium Bukit Jalil.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi to all driver of Proton Persona,

My purpose to open this topic of discussion is to get the feedback or an opinion or solution from the new Proton Persona Elegance that had been launched recently in Mac 2010. The reason is I just bought my own Persona Elegance for a month period but there have been several problem occured or more precisely, after one problem solved there will be another mess occured. Not my intention to downgrade Proton but in term of payment... I have to commit for 9...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience