MM2H - Civic or Accord - Reselling value

NekoRacing

Oct 7, 2005
Hi people,

Planning to purchase a Honda under the MM2H program, in dilemma between the Civic 2.0 (RM 84k) and Accord 2.0 (RM 95k).

1) Has anybody experienced purchasing Honda under MM2H, mind sharing?
2) Which one has a higher reselling value after 5 yrs? assuming depreciation and market demand
3) Seems like Honda is the better choice, would you recommend any other car considering the benefits of MM2H.

Cheers

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
Us Malaysians arent eligible to participate in the MM2H program. :biggrin:

for resale value, flip thru the used car mags such as motor trader.

you dont have to pay the duty imposed on the cars, hence the cheaper price. but I dont know the procedure, but what i do know is that the next buyer has to pay the duty upon purchase.

NekoRacing

Oct 7, 2005
I'm Malaysian but my father is a foreign :D

Thx for the advise on resale value.

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
I think in the MM2H program, he's eligible to bring in a foreign car as well. check back, Mr Black Racing :D

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
if u can get a car imported directly from japan (or any other country for that matter) without paying taxes, i don't see why u should waste ur time with locally assembled cars :).

anyway if u ask me... a civic will retain much its value in the second hand market compared to an accord which is considered as an "uncle" car

NekoRacing

Oct 7, 2005
I don't quite understand on how to get a car imported directly from another country.

The scenario goes, my dad is a foreigner who has been living in Malaysia for 30 years, has just applied for MM2H.

If I understand correctly, are you saying my dad can import a Nissan Murano from Japan without paying duty tax, while he remain in Malaysia?

All I know is, under the MM2H program, foreigners are only allowed to bring in their previously owned car or purchase locally assembled car without pay duty tax.

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
i don't know much about the MM2H scheme hence the hypothetical "if" in my previous post. if it is confirmed that ur dad is only elligible to buy CKD cars here then so be it... comparing an accord and a civic... a civic will be the better choice given ur condition of "good resale value"

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
All I know is, under the MM2H program, foreigners are only allowed to bring in their previously owned car or purchase locally assembled car without pay duty tax.
I presumed your father was just about to come to Malaysia.

my bad.

if like that, i think, he could buy a car here sans duty.

im, not too sure, check with the authority.

NekoRacing

Oct 7, 2005
Honda Accord 2.0 vs Civic 2.0

Here is my dilemma; I'm not sure if I should get a Civic 2.0 because the next generation should be out in 2 years, won't the resale value of the current Civic depreciate even more?

Are there any Accord 2.0 owners in this forums, please share your experience with the car. I did some Google on the Accord, and I'm worried if the car is underpowered, I also hear that Honda Malaysia does not provide the 2.0 for test drive, only the 2.4.

Cheers