Mivec Club

ZeNeGeR

500 RPM
May 1, 2004
Visit site
Admen hows ur monster doing ? last time i sit with hi cam extra cc injector now wat ?

Bump: Admen hows ur monster doing ? last time i sit with hi cam extra cc injector now wat ?

(ADVAN)

500 RPM
May 11, 2005
K.L
haha..no more..im taking out the engine edi..

Bump: haha..no more..im taking out the engine edi..

Henry4G

Aug 8, 2007
Place : Hartamas
Time : 9pm onwards ..
Date : 4th July 2009
Name list
1. Henry Aka Loon.
2.ADVAN) Aka Edmund 012-2666679.
3. Ce9a Aka Ah Lek
4. ZeNeGeR Aka Ken
5. Mirage901
6. Steven7810

Bump: Place : Hartamas
Time : 9pm onwards ..
Date : 4th July 2009
Name list
1. Henry Aka Loon.
2.ADVAN) Aka Edmund 012-2666679.
3. Ce9a Aka Ah Lek
4. ZeNeGeR Aka Ken
5. Mirage901
6. Steven7810

ZeNeGeR

500 RPM
May 1, 2004
Visit site
so advan now driving wat ?

Bump: so advan now driving wat ?

4g15p

Apr 19, 2005
Greeting all mivec owners,

I need advice on the mivec lsd gearbox, recently i bought complete set of mivec lsd gearbox with the driveshaft. The gearbox code is F5M222-RRKE, I notice this code actually used for mitsu colt 4g93.

During the instaallation, i told the mechanic to check due to code differ from mivec, fortunetely the mechanic informed the final drive belong mivec and the lsd is factory fitted(helical type). Then i told the mechanic to proceed with the installation

Then problem appears, i've notice the gear ratio is too close, at the fifth gear I only managed to get 80kmj at 4k rpm, which i consider very high revving and only suitable for drag race.

So guys, i hope u could share something cause i really no idea whut to do. :banghead:

Nic121

Known Member
Mar 7, 2006
can i join? sat nite might got jpj or polis blok, i think my car cant pass :(

alex962

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
Jay Bee
Greeting all mivec owners,

I need advice on the mivec lsd gearbox, recently i bought complete set of mivec lsd gearbox with the driveshaft. The gearbox code is F5M222-RRKE, I notice this code actually used for mitsu colt 4g93.

During the instaallation, i told the mechanic to check due to code differ from mivec, fortunetely the mechanic informed the final drive belong mivec and the lsd is factory fitted(helical type). Then i told the mechanic to proceed with the installation

Then problem appears, i've notice the gear ratio is too close, at the fifth gear I only managed to get 80kmj at 4k rpm, which i consider very high revving and only suitable for drag race.

So guys, i hope u could share something cause i really no idea whut to do. :banghead:
Well actually u ask can as ur mechanic to change the final drive mivec to a 4g93 then the ratio will not be that close...just the final drive only...

alex962

Known Member
Jun 19, 2005
Jay Bee
Hello there my fellow mivecian long time no c it's been a while i din log on to this thread...hehe so how's life bro?

Basil Basil

Known Member
Jul 19, 2006
Hi all taikors out there.......is MIVEC 1.5 a rare engine?????????

Basil Basil

Known Member
Jul 19, 2006
I guess i got my answer already......

The 4A91 is part of Mitsubishi’s new endeavor of all-alloy inline four cylinder engines, developed in house and built by the ex-DaimlerChrysler MDC Power plant in Germany.

First seen on the 2004 Mitsubishi Colt, the 4A91 is the four potter in the family to utilize a high-pressure die-cast aluminum block.

Effectively replacing the workhorse 4G series of engines, and in particular, the 4G15 in this application, both the 4A’s cylinder block and head are made with aluminium, and feature four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts, and MIVEC continuous variable valve timing for the intake.

The 4A91's DOHC works with a single roller chain of 8.0mm in pitch and 12.5mm in width, different from the 4G15's timing belt setup. The camshafts manipulate the bucket-type tappets, with the intake cam fitted with continuously variable cam-phasing.

This changes the timing profile of up to 50 degrees. The new angle of the valves on the 4A91 is at a narrower 34 degrees, as compared to the 4G15's 45.

The total 1499cc displacement (75.0mm bore and 84.8mm stroke) has a compression ratio of 10.0:1, and produces 109ps@6000rpm, while torque figures are 145Nm@4000 rpm.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm a huge music buff. I play the piano and have an ear that'll catch the softest of sounds that'll irritate the hell out of me if I don't fix it. So naturally I'm extremely fussy about my sound systems. Pair that with my love for cars, I thought it would only be appropriate that I do a DIY on how to install an in-car-sound system.

Note - I have not forgotten about the brake DIY and coolant DIY, it'll come a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience