Mio A700 GPS PDA PHONE from Taiwan Mitac.

Jun 3, 2006
The Mio A700 combines a PDA, a mobile phone and a GPS receiver into a sleek unit, and as an added bonus, includes a complete car mounting solution. The people at malsingmaps.com are a shining example of what can be achieved when a group of people decide to combine their efforts for a common goal - to provide a GPS map of Malaysia and Singapore, update them regularly, and give them away for free!
now can get in at Low yat Plaza...!! Got any guys using this???
http://www.mypdacafe.com/articles.php?id=244

Last edited:

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
i used it for 6 mths oledi....the gps takes time to connect and not work if you are in a area with many tall buildings...but quite fun to play with...but bear in mind...1 map can take 500mb already..my 1 gb card onli can store the map of HK and China and left with little space.

but one thing i dont like is...the color of the key pad comes off easily(the chrome part)....and the battery merely last for 1 day......

other than that....it works better than a O2 atom......

mine is white color one

Last edited:

benchong

Jun 3, 2006
wah... your map is too big la... why you din try malsing map.

is using Garmin map. now already cover all malaysia including Singapure as well.
the file is smaller and more detail then Mapking. you can download the map from malsing website is free.

if you all the time using GPS of couse will finish the battery faster. after finish using the GPS you must close the program in your memory program list.

i using is ok ar..... can use for 2 days also... haha

links

1,500 RPM
May 26, 2004
the color on the silver lining come off also..sien...malsing? but most of the time i travelling in china and hk..so use map king more

i dont run the gps always...just some calls are enough to dry my batt.....