I am using a lt10s , I opened up my lt10s using doggle n software on my laptop
The only part I can find for tuning is a map which looks something like this

Its just a map of rpm vs load , and the tuning points are just one line
This above screenshot is for timing of cos , but the AF/VE table seem to
be the same also , just one line, does that mean I can only tune for that one
line ? how bout the rest of the mapping guys , like see the above mapping,
the value for 1000rpm is at 20hg, how about 1000rpm 30hg value
My fren did his last tune sometime ago in Amoil sunway, seems like
this is the only place they alter to change the mapping , one straight line ?

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
that is the base map for timing for rpm.... to ecu will calculate the timing using two map, one is base on rpm (tming incresing with rpm) and the other one is based on vacum/boost (timing decresing with pressure) .... as for matrix mode such as haltech you will see the timing map base on rpm and vacum/boost at one table. For microtech, it use two map to determine the timing you are running for example: at trpm showing a 30 degree of timing at 3500rpm but tmap for your engine at 10hg maybe +5 but at 15psi -10 so the 'actual' timing is 35degree at 3500rpm and 5hg, for 3500rpm at 10psi is 20degree....

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
that is the base map for timing for rpm.... to ecu will calculate the timing using two map, one is base on rpm (tming incresing with rpm) and the other one is based on vacum/boost (timing decresing with pressure) .... as for matrix mode such as haltech you will see the timing map base on rpm and vacum/boost at one table. For microtech, it use two map to determine the timing you are running for example: at trpm showing a 30 degree of timing at 3500rpm but tmap for your engine at 10hg maybe +5 but at 15psi -10 so the 'actual' timing is 35degree at 3500rpm and 5hg, for 3500rpm at 10psi is 20degree....
i am looking for the matrix mode for Fueling, but couldnt find, i found one , but not editable :D

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
do the fuel map thru a normal way first... then go to the 'all maps the same' menu to enable the loading of fuel map to the matrix mode... there will be certain part of the fuel map will need to be fill manually.

jo1

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
vtec_killer do tuning for living and certain thing need to be paid to get the information/skill.
Normally many tuners using a normal mode for shorter tuning time. Matrix mode is a bit time consuming but it more on the fine tuning of the fuel map. Like having a HD tv at 10,000 and above instead of only 8,000 resolution.
But many car will do a good power with the normal mode but for the heck of more power/fuel saving it a rusty tool for me.

proPIPING

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
I love microtech.....he3...bro jo1 always giving a good advice...salute....:adore:

koren

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
hijack this thread a bit.. anione experienced in tuning microtech with Variable Valve Timing(VVT)? My new mivec does not hav hi cams.. instead uses VVT(Still activated by stock ECU). my tuner is having some problem tuning it.. should i just set all the ignition advancements to 0deg? and let the VVT control the timing angle.

zaki

Known Member
Dec 7, 2003
Kuala Lumpur
hijack this thread a bit.. anione experienced in tuning microtech with Variable Valve Timing(VVT)? My new mivec does not hav hi cams.. instead uses VVT(Still activated by stock ECU). my tuner is having some problem tuning it.. should i just set all the ignition advancements to 0deg? and let the VVT control the timing angle.
i can't find any issue here. please enlighten me.

koren

Known Member
Oct 27, 2004
tink tuner set 10 deg advancement throughout.. my forged pistons melted..

does 10deg in microtech + 30deg mivec advancement = total 40deg of advance?

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
tink tuner set 10 deg advancement throughout.. my forged pistons melted..

does 10deg in microtech + 30deg mivec advancement = total 40deg of advance?
nop it doesnt mean that, depends wht he has set at the base

proPIPING

1,000 RPM
Mar 23, 2006
why people always condemm me as i use microtech...i have use it about 6 year with no problem at all,now i upgrading....but still microtech..haha..from lt8 to lt10s with x4...:biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just want to know car performance for Japan sedan car, 0 to 100 kmh how many second to achieve.
Nothing to talk, just share here if anyone know.
CORRECT ME IF ANYTHING WRONG.

HONDA
City 1.5 Vtec =

Civic
FD 1.8 =
FD 2.0 =
d2R = 6.6 s

New Civic
FG 1.8 =
FG 2.0 =
FG Hybrid =

New Accord
2.0 VTI =

TOYOTA
Vios Manual =
Auto =

Altis
Dual VVTI 1.8 =
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience