Mercedes Kaki..

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Yeah man!! CLK GTR is THE car!!! It has an okay engine, that's because it's just a SOHC engine with a supercharger and those F1 styled flippers if I am not mistaken. I prefer DOHC engines no matter what!! And the killer looks!!! Overall makes a great machine!!! Too bad it's limited in numbers and so darn expensive!! :cry_smile: Would love to have that..... as I said again..... balance of size and performance....

Portalese

Known Member
Feb 14, 2005
Puchong
Visit site
nass...
wow...is that really a 2.8 engine for 190E???howz the stat???compare to the cosworth engine???

LOL...u all talking bout japs car and conti again...dont left me alone man...
well...honest speaking...i was once a japs car worshipper...i believe that conti are for looks and flirting...but when i put my hands on benz for the first time...i was shocked that why i underestimate them...as more as i help my mum in checking her car for probs and fixing this and that...i started to figured out how solid is it...and so i started to research in conti...

hmmm...with my level of understanding and research...my conclusion would be this...japs performance car are mostly with lower engine capacity and depends on forced induction...their chassis are slightly agile than the conti...and the most important is the japs are made "to be open"...juz like linux system where u can upgrade it in whatever way...

for the conti...they are full of muscle to me...they are hard and solid...their chassis are made to withstand high pressure and torque...as for the engine side...the conti performance school usually has NA engine with large capacity...
and upgrading a conti is not as simple as plug and play like the japs...conti need more "interelated parts" and thus kits are available rather than single parts...

of coz...these are juz my shallow ideas and very brief...there are some cars which are "special" in the sense that they might be a "feature mixture" between japs and conti school...

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Yeah dude that 2.8 engine is from the 190E! It is the Cosworth just that that Oettinger company modded it!! Am sure you've read the specs by now. That's damn awesome!! I would love to get it stroked to 2.8!! If ever comes the time will let you know!!

You got that right about jap cars and turbos. They are more on small displacement with turbos.

Problem is, in Malaysia no one really mods a a Merc or BMW, they usually buy it as is. They aregreat cars to mod! Just have to know how. If you look on the streets, most people mod their contis just on looks. I don't blame them because the performance models are very expensive, like thos AMG 55 or those M3s.

But anyways let's meet up and talk 190Es or Mercs if you're free. Let me know!

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Oetingger I think was a tuning company for any car until recently they're meant for Volks.

Portalese

Known Member
Feb 14, 2005
Puchong
Visit site
nass...
LOL...sure dude...do we have kind of gathering of tt session or whatever???but u guys dont laugh at me...i still have a lot to learn about mercs...coz most of the time i read bout japs only...

by the way...i still doubt on my mum's car's ability to put on 2.5l...becoz the 30% limit is at 2.3l only...if the prohibitions are lifted sure i'm goin to drop it in one day...LOL...damnit...the shopping list are getting longer and longer now...=P

i agree on that statement...most of the contis in malaysia opted for looks more than the hearth beneath the hood...juz flip on hypertune mags...almost all the contis have nice exterior makeups...but performance parts are juz very very basic and minimal...

honestly...for me...i'm more on sleeper side...on the exterior look i might juz add some skirtings to smoothen the under flow of air...and maybe a small spoiler to provide a lil weight on the rear wheel...i feel that every car has it's own design philosophies...and most importantly...the chassis are designed with the help of air tunnel...thatz why i wont touch much of the exterior...except that maybe if the bodykits are designed with the help of tunnel like ACS3 for beemers...moreover...i hates those lala cars that have useless things like blinking disco lights, neons or whatever...thatz why i think my project will be allocating more budget to engines upgrades+interior+ice...

E55K AMG...simply delicious...with a car like that...u can smoke evos and skylines...another one would be SLK...i'm getting in love with it ever since i came back from sepang...

bout that oettiger thingy...how they got their forged parts???or they are juz using other engine's interior???do they have upgrades like individual throttle body???LOL...i know i'm a bit too extreme...but i love the path of NA...=P

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hey dude,

Alot to learn doesn't mean we laugh at other people! Heh Heh!! Exchange info man! That's how we all learn!! I too read alot on jap cars most of the time. But then after a while there's no around it other than turbo, supercharger etc etc. So therefore all mags sounds the same all of a sudden.

If you can't put in a 2.5 then 2.3 it is. Make sure it's the cosworth man!! Then you'd feel the fun!! Whatever you want to do after that is your choice!

I think that any AMG would be damn cool to drive! Especially the supercharged ones! Even tho am not a fan of it.

On the Oettinger, I think most probably they fabricated the parts. God knows what you can do these days but then sucks that they don't do 190Es anymore. Wouldn't mind a 2.8 myself!!

hey PM me your number, give you a buzz sometime and look at each other's car. What say you?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Merc 123 electric antenna

Hi everbody,

My father's beloved merc electric antenna (mounted at the boot area) is finally jammed. I took it out and it seem to be flooded with rust water. I wish to know if there is any recon/used/or maybe new electric antenna for the 123 model? If so how much would the antenna cost me?? BTW, is there any merc sparepart outlets in KL that sell the antenna with reasonable price?

Thank you all...

Cheers.

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hey dude,

Try to register yourself at www.mybenz.org and ask the question there. There are just Malaysian Benz owners.

Just a thought, maybe you could change it to the newer ones? Like from a C class or something? I am sure it's hard to find original stuff like that than engine parts.

Seems like Mercedes owners are increasing by the min!! GREAT NEWS!

jason_mufc

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
Sungai Buloh
hey bro Nass.

Great to know there are still enthusiastic 190E owners like U man. Yea I'm rather active in myBenz too.... sure we can meet up anytime bro.... but I'm tellin U, my ride is really nothing to look at ah..... hehe std 2.0 engine wid minimal bodykits and a bad ass paintjob. but I really owe lots to Bro X and his dad. My car is so nice to drive now because of the tunings made and their help. Seriously if anyone has any probs wid their 190, first thing i'll do is recommend them. Mechanically my car is sound, just the cosmetics of the exterior and interior to take care of.

I saw the 2.8-16. The owner must be MAD I tell U!!! My goodness that is a dream man!!! But I thi k what we all want is performance and driveability.

U got it absolutely right with Bro X's 190s man. They are absolutely in peach of a condition. I especially like the manual one hehe.... GT wing + 16v bodykit. Summore manual..... drools..... if he ever sells it..... wah lau....

Do give me a ring la bro ok? My num is 0129154884. We have a lot to talk about hehe

Portalese

Known Member
Feb 14, 2005
Puchong
Visit site
nass:

pmed...
LOL...of coz i'm getting the cosworth...185hp lehhh...not play play...
i have great faith on it...but itz juz the matter of gearbox...
i dont think the gearbox will tahan up to 250hp...
thinking of getting a more heavy duty tiptronic ones...but have no idea on which model of benz to take on...
some more the main prob still goes down on budget...=(

wahhh...u want to see my car ahhh...
shez really sau pei one...everywhere also broken parts...
even got the prob of aircond and boiling now...sigh...
and i'm tranferring some of the parts left by my gone wira to the benz...
like the ah beng xenon bulbs...=P
no choice...need a place to safekeep my previous "investment"...=P
maybe u guys could give me some idea of how to make her better when u see it...=P

jason:
mind to recommend to me the workshop...
now have some engine transplant in mind...
and after that maybe some paint job or interior or some bushings...

xpression:

if ur dad has the quality...i dont mind let him earn my $$$...=P
i loves auto too...because most of the time our car would be goin for everyday civility...but i do prefer tiptronics...=P
let the beemers know they are not the only runner around...=P

LOL...yupe...i would consider the engine weight too before i transplant...dont intent to break off the factory settings of balance too much...and for me cast iron block is a MUST...LOL...

oh yeah...anyone has idea on how much the "big star grille" would cost???

xtracooljustin

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
KL, PG & JB
xtracooljustin.multiply.com
Check out March issue of Mercedes Enthusiast Magazine.

There's a great article of the future classic cars.

One of them is da W124 CE which my father had. Great car.

another is da 190E 2.3/2.5 16V. Great value for fun ration in my books.

another is my sublime fav... da SEC380.

Portalese

Known Member
Feb 14, 2005
Puchong
Visit site
justin...

where to get the mag ahhh???
find in indian store also dont have...
eager to read it...
is it kind of stock car review or about mods???

xpression...
thatz why looo...had prob with the choice of gearbox...
supra gearbox can COMPLETELY fit in with the 2.3-16???
any choice left from benz???dont feel like want to rojak...
or maybe the 1.5 supra auto gearbox???
the ecu prob ahhh...need to find the wires...i think i will use standalone comp...
dont know whether fcon vpro can work in 190e...

the big star something like the one in sl class amg...the sec one look cheap...and too many horizontal bars...or should we go and custom one???

oh yeah...do we have crystal light for our headlight and rearlight???not projector...only crystal...

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hey Port,

Regarding the getrag transmission, someone from the US transplanted a C36 engine which has 350hp into the 190E and retaining the original trans. Therefore the trans can take it.

On the trans tip tronic issue, who in the world can do that? If it can be done will take a damn alot of effort. Because no Mercs have a tip tronic.

Will buzz or put out a message when we can trade 190E for mamak or something.

I send my car to a mechanic named Chin. If you're interested let me know cause he might have 2.3-16v half cuts and stuff. But got to call him first. I think it could cost around 15k, this includes the engine, upgrading the brakes, labour cost and other stuff as well. Like fabricating the long shaft and such. But have to make sure you're SERIOUS about it.

Yo X Press,

let him do what he wants with his car. some people have just different ways of doing things so who cares. Point is, people like us do not care much about cosmetics. So let's wait and see the results which comes out of it. Besides, like you I too prefer the original look but then you remember my car, it looks so different than the original. Heh!! Never know how the result will look like so let's wait and see. What's the fcon Vpro?

Portalese

Known Member
Feb 14, 2005
Puchong
Visit site
xpression:

LOL...dont worry...i'm not being insulted...i'm open to ideas...LOL...
opps...my typo mistake...damnit...the laughter of the century...1.5 supra...then itz not supra anymore...ROFL...

i know why ure wondering why i think too much about the mods and stuff...itz becoz i'm planning my benz modification...i got the lessons from my previous wira...plan ahead before spending money on mods...or else will end up with duplicate purchase...thatz why i need to plan from now to future...and the recondition stage is the first stage...

the sl style grille with lesser horizontal bars comparing to ordinary benz...not really putting in sl...the size is definitely cant fit...

LOL...altezza lights???no no...thatz against the design features of 190e...
what i'm looking for is lights with crystal clear properties...not like the ori light with fogged glass or the after market blackened ones...

why fcon vpro???coz itz a standalone and itz much more cheaper than those motec or superchips...and the result might be better...fcon is kind of bolt on stuff...so i think it would not rojak the whole thing...

nass:
15k?!?!?i dont have that much of budget yet...only maybe bout 10k...maybe half more year...btw...do u think itz worth it???

too much cosmetics???LOL...i'm only enchancing the benz look with minor touches without destroying it original design philosophies...i remember that day i shop around sunway and found crytal lights for 202...itz way nicer than the ori ones...

HKS FCON VPRO...standalone computers...one of the most powerful comp besides apexi power fc in japs and motec...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi, my altis has this tyre size and the brand is bridgestone. i want to get michelin but i found out that michelin only has 205/55/16. is it better to put the bigger tyre or use bridgestone with the same size instead?

advise needed. thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience