Mercedes Kaki..

Portalese

Known Member
Feb 14, 2005
Puchong
Visit site
nass...
LOL...sure dude...do we have kind of gathering of tt session or whatever???but u guys dont laugh at me...i still have a lot to learn about mercs...coz most of the time i read bout japs only...

by the way...i still doubt on my mum's car's ability to put on 2.5l...becoz the 30% limit is at 2.3l only...if the prohibitions are lifted sure i'm goin to drop it in one day...LOL...damnit...the shopping list are getting longer and longer now...=P

i agree on that statement...most of the contis in malaysia opted for looks more than the hearth beneath the hood...juz flip on hypertune mags...almost all the contis have nice exterior makeups...but performance parts are juz very very basic and minimal...

honestly...for me...i'm more on sleeper side...on the exterior look i might juz add some skirtings to smoothen the under flow of air...and maybe a small spoiler to provide a lil weight on the rear wheel...i feel that every car has it's own design philosophies...and most importantly...the chassis are designed with the help of air tunnel...thatz why i wont touch much of the exterior...except that maybe if the bodykits are designed with the help of tunnel like ACS3 for beemers...moreover...i hates those lala cars that have useless things like blinking disco lights, neons or whatever...thatz why i think my project will be allocating more budget to engines upgrades+interior+ice...

E55K AMG...simply delicious...with a car like that...u can smoke evos and skylines...another one would be SLK...i'm getting in love with it ever since i came back from sepang...

bout that oettiger thingy...how they got their forged parts???or they are juz using other engine's interior???do they have upgrades like individual throttle body???LOL...i know i'm a bit too extreme...but i love the path of NA...=P

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hey dude,

Alot to learn doesn't mean we laugh at other people! Heh Heh!! Exchange info man! That's how we all learn!! I too read alot on jap cars most of the time. But then after a while there's no around it other than turbo, supercharger etc etc. So therefore all mags sounds the same all of a sudden.

If you can't put in a 2.5 then 2.3 it is. Make sure it's the cosworth man!! Then you'd feel the fun!! Whatever you want to do after that is your choice!

I think that any AMG would be damn cool to drive! Especially the supercharged ones! Even tho am not a fan of it.

On the Oettinger, I think most probably they fabricated the parts. God knows what you can do these days but then sucks that they don't do 190Es anymore. Wouldn't mind a 2.8 myself!!

hey PM me your number, give you a buzz sometime and look at each other's car. What say you?

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Merc 123 electric antenna

Hi everbody,

My father's beloved merc electric antenna (mounted at the boot area) is finally jammed. I took it out and it seem to be flooded with rust water. I wish to know if there is any recon/used/or maybe new electric antenna for the 123 model? If so how much would the antenna cost me?? BTW, is there any merc sparepart outlets in KL that sell the antenna with reasonable price?

Thank you all...

Cheers.

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hey dude,

Try to register yourself at www.mybenz.org and ask the question there. There are just Malaysian Benz owners.

Just a thought, maybe you could change it to the newer ones? Like from a C class or something? I am sure it's hard to find original stuff like that than engine parts.

Seems like Mercedes owners are increasing by the min!! GREAT NEWS!

jason_mufc

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
Sungai Buloh
hey bro Nass.

Great to know there are still enthusiastic 190E owners like U man. Yea I'm rather active in myBenz too.... sure we can meet up anytime bro.... but I'm tellin U, my ride is really nothing to look at ah..... hehe std 2.0 engine wid minimal bodykits and a bad ass paintjob. but I really owe lots to Bro X and his dad. My car is so nice to drive now because of the tunings made and their help. Seriously if anyone has any probs wid their 190, first thing i'll do is recommend them. Mechanically my car is sound, just the cosmetics of the exterior and interior to take care of.

I saw the 2.8-16. The owner must be MAD I tell U!!! My goodness that is a dream man!!! But I thi k what we all want is performance and driveability.

U got it absolutely right with Bro X's 190s man. They are absolutely in peach of a condition. I especially like the manual one hehe.... GT wing + 16v bodykit. Summore manual..... drools..... if he ever sells it..... wah lau....

Do give me a ring la bro ok? My num is 0129154884. We have a lot to talk about hehe

Portalese

Known Member
Feb 14, 2005
Puchong
Visit site
nass:

pmed...
LOL...of coz i'm getting the cosworth...185hp lehhh...not play play...
i have great faith on it...but itz juz the matter of gearbox...
i dont think the gearbox will tahan up to 250hp...
thinking of getting a more heavy duty tiptronic ones...but have no idea on which model of benz to take on...
some more the main prob still goes down on budget...=(

wahhh...u want to see my car ahhh...
shez really sau pei one...everywhere also broken parts...
even got the prob of aircond and boiling now...sigh...
and i'm tranferring some of the parts left by my gone wira to the benz...
like the ah beng xenon bulbs...=P
no choice...need a place to safekeep my previous "investment"...=P
maybe u guys could give me some idea of how to make her better when u see it...=P

jason:
mind to recommend to me the workshop...
now have some engine transplant in mind...
and after that maybe some paint job or interior or some bushings...

xpression:

if ur dad has the quality...i dont mind let him earn my $$$...=P
i loves auto too...because most of the time our car would be goin for everyday civility...but i do prefer tiptronics...=P
let the beemers know they are not the only runner around...=P

LOL...yupe...i would consider the engine weight too before i transplant...dont intent to break off the factory settings of balance too much...and for me cast iron block is a MUST...LOL...

oh yeah...anyone has idea on how much the "big star grille" would cost???

xtracooljustin

500 RPM
Sep 28, 2004
KL, PG & JB
xtracooljustin.multiply.com
Check out March issue of Mercedes Enthusiast Magazine.

There's a great article of the future classic cars.

One of them is da W124 CE which my father had. Great car.

another is da 190E 2.3/2.5 16V. Great value for fun ration in my books.

another is my sublime fav... da SEC380.

Portalese

Known Member
Feb 14, 2005
Puchong
Visit site
justin...

where to get the mag ahhh???
find in indian store also dont have...
eager to read it...
is it kind of stock car review or about mods???

xpression...
thatz why looo...had prob with the choice of gearbox...
supra gearbox can COMPLETELY fit in with the 2.3-16???
any choice left from benz???dont feel like want to rojak...
or maybe the 1.5 supra auto gearbox???
the ecu prob ahhh...need to find the wires...i think i will use standalone comp...
dont know whether fcon vpro can work in 190e...

the big star something like the one in sl class amg...the sec one look cheap...and too many horizontal bars...or should we go and custom one???

oh yeah...do we have crystal light for our headlight and rearlight???not projector...only crystal...

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hey Port,

Regarding the getrag transmission, someone from the US transplanted a C36 engine which has 350hp into the 190E and retaining the original trans. Therefore the trans can take it.

On the trans tip tronic issue, who in the world can do that? If it can be done will take a damn alot of effort. Because no Mercs have a tip tronic.

Will buzz or put out a message when we can trade 190E for mamak or something.

I send my car to a mechanic named Chin. If you're interested let me know cause he might have 2.3-16v half cuts and stuff. But got to call him first. I think it could cost around 15k, this includes the engine, upgrading the brakes, labour cost and other stuff as well. Like fabricating the long shaft and such. But have to make sure you're SERIOUS about it.

Yo X Press,

let him do what he wants with his car. some people have just different ways of doing things so who cares. Point is, people like us do not care much about cosmetics. So let's wait and see the results which comes out of it. Besides, like you I too prefer the original look but then you remember my car, it looks so different than the original. Heh!! Never know how the result will look like so let's wait and see. What's the fcon Vpro?

Portalese

Known Member
Feb 14, 2005
Puchong
Visit site
xpression:

LOL...dont worry...i'm not being insulted...i'm open to ideas...LOL...
opps...my typo mistake...damnit...the laughter of the century...1.5 supra...then itz not supra anymore...ROFL...

i know why ure wondering why i think too much about the mods and stuff...itz becoz i'm planning my benz modification...i got the lessons from my previous wira...plan ahead before spending money on mods...or else will end up with duplicate purchase...thatz why i need to plan from now to future...and the recondition stage is the first stage...

the sl style grille with lesser horizontal bars comparing to ordinary benz...not really putting in sl...the size is definitely cant fit...

LOL...altezza lights???no no...thatz against the design features of 190e...
what i'm looking for is lights with crystal clear properties...not like the ori light with fogged glass or the after market blackened ones...

why fcon vpro???coz itz a standalone and itz much more cheaper than those motec or superchips...and the result might be better...fcon is kind of bolt on stuff...so i think it would not rojak the whole thing...

nass:
15k?!?!?i dont have that much of budget yet...only maybe bout 10k...maybe half more year...btw...do u think itz worth it???

too much cosmetics???LOL...i'm only enchancing the benz look with minor touches without destroying it original design philosophies...i remember that day i shop around sunway and found crytal lights for 202...itz way nicer than the ori ones...

HKS FCON VPRO...standalone computers...one of the most powerful comp besides apexi power fc in japs and motec...

klh8

Aug 4, 2005
Malaysia
nasscmw said:
Regarding the getrag transmission, someone from the US transplanted a C36 engine which has 350hp into the 190E and retaining the original trans. Therefore the trans can take it.
The 190E 2.5-16 Evo 2 produces 238bhp and uses the same Getrag gearbox, so it should be able to handle the extra 12bhp.

As to whether it can handle 350bhp, i highly doubt that a standard C36 produces that kind of power in the first place!

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hi Klh8,

You doubt a C36 produce that kind of power? I do not doubt your doubt, but hey! You're right! the STANDARD C36 doesn't produce that kind of power. It produces 276 hp. CHECK the link below. THAT's a C36 engine WITH some mods to make it have 350hp and transplanted into a 190E. Therefore? YES the trans can handle that kind of power. Maybe with some minor mods. Somehow this guy has done it. And you're still sure it can't handle that power? :_: Unless this guy is lying or something...... Like I said, C36, 190E and 190E Getrag. All together it makes on hell of a car!! *wink wink*

http://mb190.tripod.com/readers/Carlos.html

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
I'm talking about tiptronic during the year of the 16vs lah!!! Not now!! Of course now they have!! Am sure it would take a damn good pro to meld both together!! But is the cost justifiable?

How cramped would a C36 engine be in a 190E? It's an in line 6. As cramped as the 2.6 version then!! Both are in line 6. So then the 2.6 in line 6 should be cramped as well isn't it? If i am not mistaken, the 2.6 in line 6 is the same size as the 3 litre and the 2.8. Therefore it should be able to fit in the 190E just fine. But of course you'd get more stuff with the C36 engine. But that was not the point in mentioning it. When I mentioned the C36, it isn't about to encourage anyone to put it in a 190E, it was to point out how much power the Getrag trans can take. The 190E with the C36 is just an example. That's all. someone asked how much hp the Getrag trans can take. I showed a GREAT example, i.e. 350. Cool?

If Fcon Pro is ECU based is it meant for the injection? Like Haltech? Because if so it won't work on the 190E and 124s because they do not have electronic fuel injection as they have just fuel injection. Unless the later 124s do have EFI. I have inquired on this before, there can be conversions done but have to customise fuel rails and whatever which I do not know anything about. Therefore the Fcon pro might not work. But when you said bolt on, so it comes with a whole kit? A whole EFI kit? Let me know on this, can be quite interesting. I do know that one of them (Haltech, Motec) does offer the whole conversion kit. I think.

Do i think the money is worth the conversion? If you're interested and have the cash I can get you to the shop and we can talk. I cannot remember the price my mechanic quote me before. 15k could be just that I hiked it up abit. Could even be 10k, just have to ask him. If you ask me on the result? It's great. The 2litre engines were nothing to shout about. That's why I never bothered to buy a 2 litre after my engine died. The 16v engines are great!! You get twin cam, you can get more power than a normal 2.3 of the time and Cosworth heads. So if you're interested yes I personally encourage it. But you just need the money that's all.

klh8

Aug 4, 2005
Malaysia
nasscmw said:
Hi Klh8,

You doubt a C36 produce that kind of power? I do not doubt your doubt, but hey! You're right! the STANDARD C36 doesn't produce that kind of power. It produces 276 hp. CHECK the link below. THAT's a C36 engine WITH some mods to make it have 350hp and transplanted into a 190E. Therefore? YES the trans can handle that kind of power. Maybe with some minor mods. Somehow this guy has done it. And you're still sure it can't handle that power? :_: Unless this guy is lying or something...... Like I said, C36, 190E and 190E Getrag. All together it makes on hell of a car!! *wink wink*

http://mb190.tripod.com/readers/Carlos.html
Hi nasscmw,

Thanks for the link.

However, the feature does say an upgraded Getrag transmission. Like I said, I don't think the standard Getrag tranny from the 16V cars can handle 350bhp.

Now, assuming it's the same tranny from the 16V cars, one has to wonder how much he spent on upgrading it as the article also states the car owes him $48k in mods alone! That's like RM200k, if it's in USD! I can think of better ways to spend that kind of money, but that's just me.

Anyway, AMG also produced the V8 W202s in C43 & C55 guise. If the inline - 6 can be shoe - horned into the W201 shell, I cannot help but wonder if the V8 might be a better fit, seeing as how it's a shorter engine. Instant 300+ bhp and you get that V8 burble too. Thoughts, anyone?

:beer:

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
Hey dude

As far as I know on transmission, if it's not built for it, it wouldn't work. Yeah they upgraded. For all your know they mod the bell housing to fit in the C36. There isn't much you can do to a trans. Maybe the triple clutch plate? Even then who can't do that? Therefore if this original Getrag trans can take a 350, it can take a 350. Don't forget it was designed and made by Getrag who does Supras and Skylines as well. This is afterall a race transmission with a dogleg first gear. When they made the EVO I & II, both cars were made to be modded. They were ready to have more hps. Therefore I do not have a doubt that it can handle that much hp as compared to the normal 5 speed.

On the conversion issue, you cannot convert USD to RM on the cost of modding the car. It has to go by dollar to dollar. You go to any other country and buy food there, it will still be expensive as we are not from there or we do not work there. Therefore it has to be dollar to dollar. I could spend RM48k on my car and for all you know I can even get better hp than him. I have found that buying an engine over here can be dollar to dollar to over there. For a V8 engine from Merc it's USD7k, here I can also get RM7k. Therefore you cannot say it's RM200k spent on the C36. If service labour is USD30 there and here it's RM 30, does that mean it is expensive there just because after conversion it's over RM100? Sure if you go there for a holiday it is expensive. If you live there it coudl be cheap!!

There is no C55 for the W202. it's only W203. W202 only has the C43. Below is a link to the AMG 190E V8. The red colour AMG looks better. According to this conversion, they had to use electric fans as there was not enough room to run the belt fans. If I had seen this earlier I would have gone for the V8 instead.

http://www.geocities.com/shvoldum/conversions/amg.html

http://www.carclassic.com/stock.asp?StockID=100867

Mr X Press

Your SL500, my brother rode on one. What a brat!! He said it's damng good!!! *cry!*

klh8

Aug 4, 2005
Malaysia
All valid points, nasscmw.

However, I beg to differ about the W202 C55 AMG. It was to special order only. Best estimates put it at 30 or so cars. There's an article about it in the Dec 2005 issue of Mercedes Enthusiast. The one featured was actually for sale. Shame it's auto only.

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
If you've seen the C55 W202 then cool!!! BEcause I did do a search for it in the benzbulletin forum. The only C55s W202 were transplants made into original C43s. But hey dude, you've seen them, I will try my best to get that issue of Merc Enthu. I never had a real reason to buy them unless there were cool cars inside. But of course all Mercs are cool... Anything which has AMG, Brabus, 190Es, CLK DTMs, will try my best to get. But seriously, I haven't bought any Merc Enthu mags yet.

By the way, what's your ride?

All Mercs are autos nowadays. No such thing as stick shift. Anyone mentions paddle shift as manual I will slaughter them. It would have been damn cool to have a manual AMG 55 or something. I guess if anyone's willing to rip out expensive tranny and put in a stick shit must have loads of money because 1) no regrets 2) can get a mechanic to do it. Even tho I prfer stick shift I'd cry the thought of canabalizing a new car.:cry_smile:

klh8

Aug 4, 2005
Malaysia
I've actually seen 2. Being based in the U K helps.

Merc - wise, I've got a 190E 2.5 - 16 and a W124 E36 AMG. There are photos in mybenz. I'm also running an early 944.

What's yours?

nasscmw

Known Member
Apr 6, 2005
I've got a 190E 2.5-16v clone. Trying to do it up bit by bit. Couldn't get the bodykit so decided to make it a custom look. Will post pics of it once done, which is not any time soon.

There was an E36 in mybenz, is that yours? Thought that was one cool car. Think I could have seen your 190E as well.

Portalese

Known Member
Feb 14, 2005
Puchong
Visit site
xpression:
heres ur headlights...
http://motors.search.ebay.com/mercedes_Headlights_W0QQfclZ3QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQsacatZ33710
tail light i could only get a 202 version...i think wrc in sunway got them as well...
http://motors.search.ebay.com/mercedes_Lighting-Lamps_W0QQfcclZ1QQfclZ3QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQsacatZ33707
herez the grille...the 203 ones...
http://www.autoblz.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=32&osCsid=5324d13e7591ed1e162efaf27aefaa26
bonus site...=P
http://www.performancelights.co.uk/products.aspx?showall=1&make=15

nass...
wow...looks like u guys all had been up to 2.5-16...damnit...i hate 1.8...
motec and haltech kits???haltech i would still interested...but motec is a big no no...their product normally has sky high price...
hmmm...big prob to switch them to efi...by the way the 2.3-16 is cab or efi???big problem then even i'm goin for NA individual throttle body...the settings would be hell hard...
imho...if the price for the conversion kit is considerable...why not go for it???efi are better in the way itz more fuel efficient and more powerful...and even programme an ecu is much better than tuning the cab distributor...
bout the getrag...ok...it might can takes up to 350hp...but how bout the torque???what if someone bolt on a turbo and raise the torque all the way to maybe 28kgm???can getrag takes it???
oh yeah...the engine...does the 15k u mentioned halfcut or juz the engine???
i think i need the trans and others as well...lately the car is "coughing" and sometimes cant even engage D or R...and i had got boiling probs everytime i rev up to 5k rpm...poor lass...=(

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi guys,.. sent my satria vr4 220 to my regular workshop for servicing.

then when i wanna pick up the car, the mech said after he serviced the throttle "head" , the timing can't be adjusted properly. it stays at 2.3k rpm (idle). the screw is stucked. tried to rectify the problem but couldn't.

then he looked for the "head" in halfcut shops but after looking from various sources, all the parts were not suitable for my throttle body. according to the half cup ppl, this vr4 version already...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience