Max Speed On Ur Tezza?

grtezza

Jul 12, 2008
As "Green" said before "I am happy with my rides" and " no car is comparable with others". So... I am happy with my current rides " The Seladang HICOM lorry " hehehe...

Bro 1JZtezza, I am no mechanical guy like you so my experience was based my drive either my own cars collection or test drove my friend car ( very2 rare chance ).

If you think I am bullshit here it is up to you la. I am not gaining 1 sen or losing a sen either. My personal highest top speed is 240kmh and I believes many others has gone beyond mine. When I drive I am not looking for top speed but rather on accelaration and handling. I love my car to be quick in all gearing but 240kmh max is good enuf.

Bump:

As "Green" said before "I am happy with my rides" and " no car is comparable with others". So... I am happy with my current rides " The Seladang HICOM lorry " hehehe...

Bro 1JZtezza, I am no mechanical guy like you so my experience was based my drive either my own cars collection or test drove my friend car ( very2 rare chance ).

If you think I am bullshit here it is up to you la. I am not gaining 1 sen or losing a sen either. My personal highest top speed is 240kmh and I believes many others has gone beyond mine. When I drive I am not looking for top speed but rather on accelaration and handling. I love my car to be quick in all gearing but 240kmh max is good enuf.

BRo pocong..
I did 240km/h ++ at LEKAS highway.But that time, I forgot to snap video.I also dont know the altezza top speed bcoz I think,altezza can go more than 240km/h...FYI,in this video, I use 6th gear to reach 200km/h++ .So,dats why the accelaration is too slow.And also, my engine is NA..everything is stock ,just changed muffler and aif filter.

rayncc

Apr 29, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Revisiting old thread hehe.
Nah, the old Ford TX3 1.8 'sampan' can't reach 240km/h in standard form. My good friend used to have one, facelifted version year 1993 i think. This model was faster than the newer Ford Lynx 1.8. Actually the 'sampan' was fast in acceleration, not Vtec levels, but faster than Putra, mainly b'coz of its gearing (gear ratio) as well. That said, it's top speed was limited by the some what short gearing. If I recall correctly, top speed +/-215kmh in 5th redline! Maxed and read by a portable timing & speed recording device (if not mistaken, it's gtech pro).

Well not to refute 'Pocong's' claims of hitting 240km/h, but if it was true & reading was accurate (not over reading of speedo); then it's not a stock standard car and at the very least the gearbox modified to run on longer ratio.

---------- Post added at 09:03 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:44 AM ----------

As for my Altezza 5AT, I'm curious to know the top speed also. Yet to try after installing a HKS SLD II at Trial for more than a year ago! This proves that I'm a considerate (slow) driver hehe. Fastest I've driven in the car was 180km/h. Will need to rely on a portable GPS to clock speeds above 180km/h due to the restrictive speedo which maxed at 180km/h. Some more not much chance of driving the car outstation b'coz will be using the 325i for such trips.

Last edited: