Manchester united football club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Yahoooooooooooooooo.... I can post pics now!!! I can post pics now!!! Hahaha... :rofl::rofl:rofl: Thx guyz for the direction!!! Hopefully u guyz enjoy sharing it too... Me not wanna show off, dun get me wrong... Jus wanna share my hobby & collection with u guyz, my fellow ManUtd fans!!! :biggrin:

Ok, i'll b posting my ManUtd stadium tour pics soon... I was there during 2001, so its all photos n not digital pics... So need to ask my ppl to scan it 1 by 1 b4 i can share... Hahaha... Might take a bit of time though... And the quality might b a bit blur... But all r genuine pics from myself!!!

Here is some tht i jus took with my hp...

mymanutdcollection2oz1.jpg

If today cant get it all done wil post tmr then... Hehehe...

Ok, thx guyz... 1st of all let me share share mine own ManUtd jerseys collection... Test test if it can b posted!!! :biggrin:

Totally i got 24 now & counting!!! Missed lots of the old 1 as then i wasnt as financial stable as am now...

mymanutdcollection1qr0.jpg

My favourate of cause is the 1999 Champions League Winners Red!!! 3rd from the right on the last roll!!!
Holy Cow! That is a sweet collection. Makes me envious...

Hahaha... Great tht u guyz r enjoying it too... I spent a lot on it!!! Besides all the ManUtd jerseys, i hv got 2 AC Milans and 1 Italy (White) France 98 jersey with my all time favourate player name on it - Roberto Baggio!!!

I hv got 2 ManUtd sweeters too... I wear them while i played & trained during my Uni time in the Aussie land during the winter... It was an amazing feeling when i breath with 'stim' coming out from mouth... Hahaha... So i imagine i was training at Carrington ground (ManUtd old training ground)...

I would like to buy back those old ManUtd jerseys if possible... My frens all asked me to try online... So anyone got any links or kangtao tht i can buy back those oldies tht i missed out from the pic???

Hehehe... The 1st ManUtd jersey tht i had was the 1 on the right (1st) on the back roll... With a string on the front, 1993 jersey... But it was a fake 1, de 1 tht i wore to watch ManUtd play in KL back in 1994 & was being laughed by a Fatty tht i didnt hv enough $$$ to buy a real 1... *sob**sob*

Here v go for the Old Toilet Tour...

1. The Old Toilet frontage!!!
p10yg0.jpg

2. Inside stadium...
p1bb6.jpg

3 & 4. The Tunnel where the our beloved players come onto the pitch!!!
p2yl2.jpg

p3zn0.jpg

Since v can see the stadium through TV live, then v move on to other places where u can hardly see from TV...

5. Then this is the club Museum entrance...
p4zo5.jpg

Inside the Museum, there r lotsa profiles with all the ManUtd Legends... Here i jus choose to post our:-

6. Sir Alex Ferguson!!!
p6iq1.jpg

7. Then Our Giggsy...
p5rp9.jpg

There r Fergie Best 11 selection too... Mayb next time i post... hehehe... Oso all the Jerseys tht ManUtd hv wore b4...

But now v move to the "The Treble" section...

8. From this pic u can see lotsa glasses from the left side & right side... Every glass represent each mth of the Treble season... The matches tht our club played & the scoreline were all stated there as a record!!! Awesome!!!
p7eb2.jpg

9. Here... This are the 3 Trophies tht ManUtd proudly won back in 1999 season... Hope tht v can win it again this season!!!
p8iz5.jpg

10. Then finally the 'Plate' tht for the memory of 6th of February, 1958, Munich air disaster!
p9ih4.jpg

Hehehe... Tht's all for today... Cheers mate!!! Hope u guyz enjoy as much as i did then!!! :biggrin:

woww....
the one and only jersey that i would like to own is the treble winning season one
apart from its historic value, it's one of the best looking one...

and blardy hell...i do envy ur OT trip..
i aredi told my GF that's the only place where i must make sure i will visit
Just like how my father used to say he must visit the Great wall when i was a small kid.
Maybe i shall honeymoon there...haha

Great stuffs storm.
Let's organise ZTH Man U group TT at Old Trafford..hehe

Holy shiznits !!! Damn i MUST go there at least once. And what a nice collection of jerseys. Looks like everyone wanna buy the 1999 treble jersey. I think if someone is going to sell it must be very expensive

Anyway, here's a video of our living legend, Ryan Giggs. Read what the players said about him at the end of the video
[youtube]EIOj-CohIYA[/youtube]

Nice share munky.

Watching Giggsy at work, is like watching an artistic genius. Da Vinci, Picasso, Bethoven, Mozart, you name it, Giggs is a genius of that level. There is not a better sight in football than Ryan Giggs in full flight, ball at feet. Breathtakingly beautiful.

What Zidane and Figo (true contemporaries of his) said ring true. If Giggsy had played for England, France or even Portugal instead of Wales, he would have been given a lot more credit for his abilities and achievement. Would have won a lot more awards and thropies too.

Last edited:
whoa...
i dinn know that Giggsy can score with his right foot..
and those are sublime, thunderous rockets as well...
Salute!

munky,

Wow... Tht was a very nice clip of Ryan Giggs... It reminds me a lot of his young days n what he was capable of then... His game always based on pace n skills... Tht's y in his career he have had few serious hamstring injuries tht kept him out of some important games for the club...

From the clip, it shown Giggsy 1st ever goal for ManUtd - the 1 where he went past players then 'gang-gang' the last man b4 going on to score!!! The opponent was in white jersey... Oso the highlight dribble ever for me from Giggsy was the 1 tht he played against Arsenal in the season of 1993-4, shown in the clip as well... Arsenal was in yellow then... Jus watche how he went past 2 defenders from the corner of the flag... He used a dummy, when the defender move then he flicked it past the player with his back foot... Champions!!!

Then for me, Giggsy BEST ever goal wil b the 1 tht he scored against Arsenal in the 1999 FA Cup Semil Final @ Villa Park!!! It was his SOLO goal, as he went past almost half the Arsenal team, including Viera, Adam & Seaman, started from the half way line... 2-1 to ManUtd was the score!!! Woooooooo... Hooooooooo...

I was so damn touch by the comments of all the stars regarding Giggsy at the end of the clip... Especially Del Peiro 1 - I cried onli twice when i watch a player play - 1 is Roberto Baggio (Del Peiro all time favourate player, he then succeeded Baggio at Juventus til today) then the other player is Giggsy... Wow... Very strong words to me... When a player as Great as Del Peiro said he cried after watching Giggsy play, it really meant a lot to everyone tht related to ManUtd n Giggsy himself... ***Respect***

Hopefully b4 retiring, Giggsy wil b able to win another EPL title n the ECL trophy with ManUtd!!! He really deserved it to b at the highest respect from all fans for what he hv done...

Giggsy cant play as he was 10 yrs ago, he got to use his brain & experience more in order to help the team & other youngster... Jus too bad tht v cant hv a young & peaking Giggsy on the left with our current on form Ronaldo on the right at the same time with Rooney upo front... :biggrin: Hahaha... Then v wil b hving a World Player of the year all from ManUtd!!! LoLzzzzzzzzz....

Last edited:
Gti,

Hahahaa... An Old Toilet trip for us all will b great!!! :biggrin: Mayb let us all put down a date then v all starting to save up, so mayb 3-5 yrs later v all go there for a trip together with watching a game in the stadium... Hahaha... When wil ya b married?! Hehehe... Honey moon cum ManUtd fans trip together?!

For my trip there back in 2001, it was a pretty unexpected 1... I was there in England with my dad (me bozz la) to visit our customers... Then there was a day off from our schedule, so i left my bozz behind n travel to Manchester all the way from London by train... It took me 3-4 hrs a trip... So total tht day i spent abt 8 hrs in the train through n flow... The passion of ManUtd jus make me did it without thinking twice!!! Hahaha... Great fun!!!

Oh man....those clip and comments from the rest of the star make me want to shed my tears lar....how true if Giggsy was and an England, Portugal or French player, he would have won many trophies...but..that would not be giggs rite..One of his highest value is..his loyalty...that is something nobody can compare with...loyal to his club and nation. :adore::adore::adore::adore:

Storm : Me married..?
stop kidding la..
haha
ok
if we won The ECL, i will marry! To SAF!
wahahahaha

Hahaha... Then u better b prepared as v gonna win the ECL this season la... :biggrin:

Ok, let me continue to post some other pics of the stadium tour... Errr.. But in a more 'lazy' way as to me its easier to post it this way than scan each n every of them... Hahaha...

Pic #1: The top 3 pics was showing the dugout!!! Home team dugout n the seats where our stars were sitting n waiting for their chance... But those seats r now being upgraded to Recaro... Haha... Lucky players... Then the bottom 3 pics were the dressing room, tactical board + shower room...This is the place where SAF gave his players the 'Hair Dyer' threatment!!! Oso they discuss abt tactical change in the half time... As for the shower room, i think u can see some video where players were celebrating the Treble season inside tht sauna pool...
manutdcollection3ao2.jpg

Pic #2: Mmm... This is inside the Museum again... Top left: ManUtd trophies cabinet showing all kinda trophies tht ManUtd hv won all time... Then Top right is the BEST 11 of SAF selection back then in 2001 n the choosen players' jersey... Bottom left: The ECL winning jersey & record book where all players autograph on it... Bottom right: The cabinet tht reserve for our Legend Sir Matt Busby!!!
manutdcollection4ds7.jpg

I wasnt allow to take pics inside the club store where they sell the club jerseys & things... Too bad...

Storm,

Nice one man...envy lar...did you manage to take photo with any of the player back then.

Lopot,

Too bad bro, i didnt managed to see any of them back then... But i'll b posting some of the pics tht i hv with me where i saw ManUtd live in Sydney n KL when free... Hehehe... Good to share...

If giggs was english, england would have at least 2 world cup trophies, and one euro cup :biggrin:

Anyway, i think Ryan Giggs is the only player every liverpool fans like lol

Sigh!!! Chelsea hv always been the 1 tht willing to slashed silly CASH to buy players... And it was really sucky to know tht they hv won the signature of our Vida best mate in the Serbian national team - Branislav Ivanovic for 8.9mil pounds... They out bid us, pay over the price... Now the player is theirs... If am not wrong, SAF was onli willing to pay ard 5-6mil pounds for Ivanovic... But Lokomotiv Moscow stand firm on their asking price, who can blame them especially the interest were coming from the cash rich EPL clubs...

So i think SAF hv did a great job in staying 'silent' abt our new signing if there is any in order to stay out of the spotlight... Else, pricing wil b hike up by others... SAF gotto buy smart!!!

Now Chelsea wanna to sigh both Anelka & Berbatov!!! LoLzzzzzzz... With their 50mil pounds Jan budget, they can buy them all... Hahaha... Damn kao rich... I think with the Jan re-inforcement, they wil b a tough tough opponent again for everybody...

Spurs slapped a 35mil pounds price tag on Berbatov, i think they r crazy!!! But some said, if Spurs think D. Bent worth 16mil then Berbatov price tag is jus justifiable or mayb 3 times more!!! LoLzzzzzzzzz... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Other than tht, the situation btw SAF & the match attending crowds r a bit worrying for me... Of cause its very unhealthy especially its made public now... Both sides do hv their good reasons, and to solve the 'Quiet' atmosphere isnt gonna b easy... Hopefully the fans wil calm down soonest n keep supporting our club til the end!!! :biggrin:

This r some of the comment i took from the Teamtalk forum regarding the fans view of our Old Toilet atmosphere lately, ManUtd 'bad' side of being so successful & ManUtd recent expensive signings... V stay far away from Manchester, so there r lotsa problems v cant see or understand... Here r their views... Some hv even accuse SAF for not promoting our own youngsters from our system enough n choose to buy expensive players, but they might not realise tht the pressure of being success & win trophies r HUGE nowadays... Then sadly to say, our youth system jus doenst produce players of Scholesy or Giggsy's quality every year... If SAF were to take a HUGE risk in introducing young players tht he think not ready yet into the 1st team, what wil happen? Can the same supporters b as patient?! Mmm... Dun forget tht Arsenal went 4 season empty handed b4 they hv such a team today... Can all the ManUtd fans bear tht?! I dun think so...

Comment#1:

chris2, Manchester United fan.
Posted Today @ 11:05 View all chris2's posts

In the 70's us stretford ender's sang loud and regularly and i'm cerain we would have done the same if old trafford was all seater then. I will always support united whatever they do in the league and cup competitions but for united to be successful as they are in current times it costs a lot of money to pay for quality players and their wages. The money has to come from somewhere and one of the places it comes from is season tickets. A lot of wealthy people now buy season tickets at old trafford,some claim that these people aren't really interested in football but that's debatable,i can't see why some people would buy a season ticket and go to united games just to prove he can afford to go. I'm sure these people do support united but singing isn't their thing. Now,if united sell all their best players and replace them with average players with average wages and average season tivket prices i'm sure the massed ranks of working class united supporters from manchester and surrounding areas would be back at old trafford,if that happened i can guarantee singing at old trafford,deafeningly loud singing at that.GGMU.

Comment #2:

burge, Manchester United fan.
Posted Today @ 11:22 View all burge's posts

The atmosphere at OT is down to lack of standing areas, the increasing significance of corporate tickets, the number of daytrippers at the expense of hard core Manc fans ... all of which are common at other clubs. Unique to United is the Glazers' continuing contempt for fans as opposed to daytripping customers (cash cows for the OT shopping mall), as shown by the price hikes, the compulsory cup tickets scheme, and the lack of a strategy to attract young local fans. This, if continued, will make the situation worse and will drive Manc kids towards City, who have a proper strategy to bring youngsters into the ground. The fact is that football is best when there is a significant element of hardcore passionate local support in the crowd, expressing themselves with loud, witty and ribald chants and songs. The way OT is organised militates against that, so the ground becomes ever more like a theatre. Don't get me wrong, I love the theatre and probably spend more time there than at football these days; but I wouldn't want theatre audiences to erupt into scurrilous partisan chanting; equally, polite applause is more suited to the Royal Exchange or the pavilion at Lancs CCC than to United. If the current management at the club really care about the future (and I'm not sure that they do), then they should look at what City are doing to bring in local youngsters, they should organise proper singing areas like the Kop at Anfield (painful to admit, but it is true), and they should throw their weight behind the movement to bring back safe standing areas to grounds - along the Dortmund model if necessary. Were United to provide a lead here, as they have in so many other ways, they could help generate a head of steam to rescue football from the dead hand of the corporate vision of the game as a branch of the retail industry. But then I'm still looking up for porcine avaiators.

Comment #3:
garyperera, Manchester United fan.
Posted Today @ 12:19 View all garyperera's posts

I'm bored of this argument about the lack of atmosphere at OT. I havea season ticket and go to every game, and have been doing for nearly 30 years. Sure, the atmosphere is different to the 70s but then life has changed, and anyway who wants to put up with the aggression and violence which surrounded football in the 70s? I just think that Utd have got so big now and the fans expect more, so when the players don't produce there is an air of nervousness and discontent. To be honest when players get paid three times my annual salary in just one week, I personally resent the fact that they try to claim they need us to shout so they can play. I'm sorry, I have to perform in my job regardless of any support I get from anyone else or I will be out of a job. If these guys can't do it on the money they get paid then I give in. Football, like it or not is an entertainment industry so if they entertain the crowd respond. I don't accept that these players or those from any other team have the God given right to be cheered. The fans pay lots of hard earned cash to watch them play, so they have every right to respond to the team's performance however they wish. It's time footballers and managers stopped blaiming the fans for their own faults. Get down to what you're paid millions to do or make way for someone else. I can tell you that the crowd are behind the team and want them to win whether there's lots of noise or just restless nerves.

Comment #4:

Tommy Swift, Manchester United fan.
Posted Today @ 12:25 View all Tommy Swift's posts

Do you know the saddest thing Burge? This is my second season of jumping ship and I don¿t miss it for a second. But the amount of people I come across around Manchester and beyond, people who have supported United through thick and thin for decades, who are saying that this is their last season is frightening. Got an email this morning from a mate (who said he could never walk away, United was everything and he was damned if some Ginger Yankee gimps were going to force him away) but after Fergies comments he is jacking it in too, might not go again this season. It's funny, but despite his magnificent achievements, I wonder how Fergie will be remembered in some quarters? Certainly he'll never be so warmly talkedabout as Matt Busby, not in a million years. But what will be left next year? And the year after that as decent football fans are chased away or priced out? No Lloyd, even though they were the happiest days of my life, I dont advocate a return to the eighties. But this? Its not football. We have no choice though, because the banks need repaying and we have never made even remotely enough profit to even pay back the interest on the loan. Sure, we will announce record breaking profits in the new financial year, but will they report exactly how much of that will be servicing first the interest and then the debt? Lloyd, IMUSA used to have regular conversations with the board and were the driving force behind the singing section in tier 2. But thats all stopped now. As has all the dialogue that built up when we were a PLC. We are just patted on the head and told to make do, after all look at how well we are doing? Yeah, its great. But Manchester United Football Club is dead to me as it is today and smells of rotting fish. Because the pirates are in charge of the ship and they dont want the culture, they just want the gold.

Comment #5:

geoff99, Manchester United fan.
Posted Today @ 12:50 View all geoff99's posts

Chris2 - good points you make - in the 70s and a good deal of the 80s the Stretty End was a constant noise well before kick off - your voice would horse from singing before the teams came out - but that wouldn't stop you carrying on through the game. But there was much more of an evolution process in going to the game in those days - dads/uncles/etc. who used to stand on the Stretty End would start taking their lads to the game (usually the paddocks) until they were old enough to go with their own mates - they could pay on the gate to get in (50p or so when I started). Once a bit older, the kids could then go with their own mates. If you fancied the look of another area the folowing game, you could go in there for the next match. Now though, it costs the best part of £200 for a dad to take a couple of kids, and generally only then for the Cups and the very occasional league game. Therefore the kids aren't going to the games very often, and if they eventually do want to start going regularly, they are expected to fork out the best part of £1000 for a season ticket (if they can get one) with the chances they'll be sat on their own surrounded by day trippers/theatre goers - doesn't quite have the same appeal really. They have now been replaced by the new breed of fan who has got more interested in football later in life (post Badiel and Skinner and all that crap) and does just turn up waiting to be entertained. Sadly, this isn't going to change in the near future - there's no way the Americans will give up gate receipts, so until we have a period of mediocrity then things will stay the same. That said though, the atmosphere at the away games is still fantastic - much of this brought about through groups of mates travelling together and often ignoring seat allocations and standing together to create the atmosphere that OT has been so devoid of for many years now.

Last edited:
I do not agree to comment no#1. It is silly to sell all our best players then replace it with average players and reduce the ticket price just to get the supporters sing again, it will spell the end of Man Utd. Come on, be serious, you can't win any cup with average player (unless you playing 2nd class cup like UEFA Cup) and the supporters will definitely will lose their patient and start blasting back at club.
What is SAF complaining is the supporters are dead quite. Not even a single sound...not that he want them to shout or sing thought out the game...just when the players are attacking so that they feel more confident. Oh well that is my 2 kupang lar.

Top Bottom