Manchester united football club

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Vidic on defending;

"I always liked to play as a forward when I was growing up as a kid," explains Vidic in an exclusive interview. "My technique was useless though, so my coach came to me and said, 'Go and play in defence, kill somebody!'"
Class! :biggrin:

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
christiano ronaldo on the loose, top scorer of the season on the way!!
great win yesterday, other than ronaldo scoring again, i loved to see carrick n ji sung scoring! dream come true~

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Nice to see both Park and Carrick opening their accounts. And Ronnie chipped in with another goal.

To be honest we did our usual stuff, wasn't really our best but Aston Villa were poor in the first half. We didn't get out of 3rd gear for most of the match. But I would have liked to see us develop more of a ruthless streak and bury opponents. Stick 4, 5, 6 goals past teams who didn't bring their best game. We sort of relaxed significantly after the second goal and didn't try and put sustained pressure on Villa. Oh well, another day at the office.

Anyway, 2 things of note;

1) Rooney. Out of sorts, low on confidence, down on luck. If that peach of a right foot curler made it into the top corner it probably would have sparked him. Because it didn't, he continues to be frustrated and pressured. The lad needs a break from lady luck. Young players like him need to enjoy their football. Look at Ronnie now. He plays with a smile on his face and is enjoying his best form ever. Rooney needs to rediscover his joy and passion for playing and stop dwelling on not scoring and performing badly.

2) Defensive weakness. Probably sounds strange, especially when we have the best defensive record in the league. But we need to close down on players a little faster. The Baros goal is just another one where one of our defender gets beat down the line and nobody came to help out and close down the attacker until it is too late. This isn't the first time we conceded from a cut back from that sort of position. Not closing down players around the penalty box quick enough has also allowed opponents to take fairly uncontested shots from just outside the box. These 2, along with set pieces is where we have conceded goals this season. We need to work on improving on this.

Next up is Arsenal and they are really, really good at running down the line for cutbacks into the box. And with the quality they have, giving them time and space just around the outside of the penalty area would be suicide. They aren't too shabby on set pieces either with both Gilberto and Toure being the dangermen.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Both MU and Arsenal are in top form, making this coming weekend a really exciting one. I definitely hope we keep our unbeaten home record, and on paper, a draw is actually the best bet.

Hope to witness another pulsating battle, just like the one earlier this season, where both teams could really have gone away with victory.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I was actually disappointed by United's performance at Old Trafford against you lot. It was gutless and lacked passion, hunger and desire. Arsenal also controlled the midfield and made the most of possession.

At Highbury, regardless of the result (a win would be nice), I want to see a team of hungry lions going for blood, like we showed against Arsenal last season.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Ermm, you do mean Emirates stadium right?

I was actually thinking we were getting the luck at Old Trafford that time. Ronaldo had too many chances from our lapses of concentration, and Lehmann was really spot-on at saving Solksjaer's late effort. The match could have gone anywhere.

But, I believe MU will most probably attack us during the set pieces, with lots of options in the box for you guys.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Another thing that excites me the most is the presence of Fabregas and Carrick. It's been obvious that countless goal-scoring opportunities were created by that two. Carrick missed the OT match, and he'll definitely play against us, what a super open game that will be. Through balls flying here and there, wingers running riot at both flanks, I can't wait.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
M. Carrick had a really good game against Villa on Sat... Alongside Scholesy, his performance hv been improving lots since de day he joined from spurs... Seeing them 2 doing those short passing to get out from tight situation are very exciting!!! De understanding btw them 2 hv been very very good... It started to look like a solid partnering in midfield which can win the club many important games n points... Glad to see Carrick n Park getting their 1st goal for de club!!! Park was lively again in de attack... He jus need to improve his physic in order to become a better player...

ManUtd scored too early in de 1st half, which made them sit back a little n turn down de game tempo especially in de 2nd half... There were few missed chances as well, if not 5-0 scoreline is not a dream... Larsson had another good game, his link up play r very good with lotsa 1 touch football... Glad to see Saha back to full fitness too...

Mmm... Against Ass-senal, it wil b a very good game... 2 best passing team play against each other... Both team hv a great keeper, very experiences keepers... As in defence, ManUtd hv de upper hand as MU defence r more experience n solid than Ass-senal young line up... V need Vida to mark Henry tightly out of de game... And our 2 full backs wil do a great job against de their wingers... As in midfield, Giggsy r expected to play after being rested by SAF last Sat... With him back to de team, v will b seeing him n Ronnie keep switching flanks to do their tricks by running at defenders n put crosses into de box...

Over here in midfield, Scholesy n Carrick need to do more in order to outplay Fabregas n co... For me, Ass-senal r real good in midfield... So who ever won de battle in de middle of de field stand a superb chance to win de game... Its a slight advantage to ManUtd as Gilberto wil b suspended for this match... With Scholesy n Carrick commanding our midfield n dictating de play, it wil b great to watch how they open up Ass-senal defence... Carrick wil hv de extra encouragement to do well against Ass-senal as he was coming from Spurs...

As in attack n forward line, i think this time SAF wil b playing Rooney n Saha again where SAF wil opt for a physical battle in de final 3rd... Saha had did a good job in scoring against Chelshit, so hopefully similar thing can happen again... As for Rooney, except for scoring tht much needed goal he has been doing a fine job for de team... And in this game against Villa, i saw him improving where he dun hesitate anymore to shoot n give it a try... So he wil b a very important player in this big game... Hopefully under this big game pressure, he is able to find his oldself back n score us a winning goal!!!

As for Ass-senal, de combination of V. Persie n Henry r a threat to all EPL team... So it wil b exciting to see how they come up against de best defensive team in EPL... Jus hope tht, ManUtd wil not allow anymore long shoot from outside de box again... No more Newcastle-like strikes PLS!!! Haha...

Last edited:

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
actually i wouldn't doubt youthness, especially when itz coming fr a big club like arsenal... lets all of us take the liverpool thrashing as a teaching... never never underestimate em... as itz Arsenal...not some minnow team.

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Hopefully Ass-senal dun underestimate ManUtd la... :_: They hv won few games since Jan 2007, so their confident oso sky high... No one here underestimate them... Hope they dun take it as a sure win game over us too... LoLzzzzzzzz....

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Its really gonna b a very exciting game to watch... Tactic wise i think both team r pretty similar... Although i dun watch Ass-senal play much (mostly on de highlights, but full games for their last 2 visit to Anfield), i hv full confident with ManUtd...

Its not tht am arrogant or lansi, but this MU team hv improved a lot from last 2 seasons... Ronaldo hv matured in de way he play, he play more for de team now n contribute more as compare to his previous season where he were too 'selfish'... He 'dive' less, send in more crosses into de box, beating defenders n creating spaces for others, hv better on target shots (especially his free kicks), dangerous in set-piece with his header n most importantly - he score goals now...

Problem from last season in midfield hv been seriously studied by SAF... With Scholesy coming back from his blur vision n de recuitment of Carrick hv make MU central midfield thick again!!! Both of them r playing some of de best football tht v hardly seen last season...

As in defence, with Evra n Vidic finally settling down n getting their own form back, it tighten up de team defence by conceeding lesser goals this term... Its always a plus point where de team defence r able to give de whole team de confident to go forward n attack... On top of tht, Ferdinand oso playing more consistently now... He reads de game well, thus this enable him to brake down opponent's attacks... Oso de keeper is another big factor tht v conceed lesser goals this season...

So with all de above facts backing together with de current team form, i jus hope... really hope tht ManUtd can show another 'Bolton-away' performance n win us de important 3 points!!! :_: V wanna revenge!!!

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Its gonna be a cracker for sure. Both Man Utd and Arsenal are on form and i think its gonna be a really exciting game. I think Arsenal is gonna defend deep, play 5 across midfield, absorb whatever that is thrown at them, and than take Man Utd on the break. This is when we need Adebayor. He can be a real effective lone striker while Henry at times looks too isolated from the rest when he plays as lone striker.

I'm gonna be real pessimist, i think Man Utd will nick it this time. They are definitely THE team and i think they will go on to win the league title this season.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Step 1 – Remove the side mirror

Unclip the mirror gently by pulling at the bottom of the mirror. It should snap out once enough force is use. Don’t yank it too hard though.

Removing the side mirrors

Removing the side mirrors

Using a heatgun, warm the plastic that holds...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience