Manchester united football club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Haha... Is ok then... Dun wanna go into their forum kena fire... Nothing serious... :_:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Won't kena fire lar. We all nice footy fans mah...can have friendly discussion one.

keong_GSR

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
dyer suffer too many injury that's y make him weak a bit... SAF used too look at him when he was still a baby at ipwish town but d price tag too much,so sir alex decided to look elsewhere...

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Haha... Now Xavi from Barca hv been link as de other alternative to O. Hangreaves... I really doubt Barca would let Xavi go, as he is de important player in their system of play... I like Xavi, as he can drop back to defend, pass de ball well, great ball skill, hv a superb engine to run from box to box n oso he did score few goals in a season too... Jus tht he dun hv a big physical body, which might b a disadvantage in EPL... I personally think he is a good choice in tht anchor man position... What u guyz think? But possibility of Barca letting him go is very slim...

There were rumours tht Barca hope to use Xavi plus CASH to tempt our Ronaldo... Wah lan eh... y suddenly all big clubs in Europe wanna to buy our Ronaldo, as they would know its impossible... I means Ronnie is saying he enjoyed every minutes playing for MU now, hv great forms, scoring great goals, fans r luv him n MU r challenging for few tittles... Y would he wanna to go... Alamak... :confused_smile:

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
i'm sure ronaldo wont leave... at least for the time being. He'z sure to try all his might to win a major title at EPL before leaving with the winner's medal...

troy.a

Jan 8, 2006
Any predictions for this weekend's match against Villa?

BTW, would Jose (e grumpy 1) finally call it a day @ Chelski by the end of this season ~ wats your thots on that, guys??

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
ManUtd hvnt hv any high scoring game for quite some time dy... Am not arrogant here, but looking at de chances MU hv created in de last 2 games against Villa... ManUtd could b 4 or 5 goals up in de 1st half of de 3rd round tie... So with the team back to full strength again, i hope to see ManUtd scoring for fun...

Expecting starting line up: VD Sar - Neville, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra - Giggsy, Scholesy, Carrick, Ronaldo - Rooney n Larsson... Not sure abt how Saha doing, but i think Larsson deserve another starting place in de team... Its very important tht MU win this game 'handsomely' as they got to prepare themselve both physically n mentally for de Gunner next wk...

With Scholesy partnering Carrick, MU wil b more solid in de midfield... Both of them r able to provide extra coverage not onli in attack but in defence too... With Giggsy moving back to de wing on de left n Ronnie on de right, MU wil b resuming their normal threat by attacking more from de flanks... As for Rooney, hope he can FINALLY find de back of de net in this game in order to give him a much need boost in self-confident!!! In partnering Larsson upfront, both of them complement each other pretty good... Am sure Rooney do hv lotsa things to learn from Larsson...

In defence wise, i do hope tht it wil b a clean sheet this time... MU been leaking goals since de hectic period started from Xmas... With both Ferdinand n Vida back to de team together, MU b water tight again...

So my prediction wil b 5-0 to ManUtd!!! :_: Haha... Might b too ambitious, but i jus hope everything goes right to MU in this game... V really need de boost!!! Go go go MANCHESTER UNITED~~~~

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah, it seems tht everything r turning from 'bad' to 'worst' for Chelshit at de moment!!! 1st injuries hit them, 2ndly they leak goals like nobody n dropping points, 3rdly there was a outbreak btw players in their dressing room, 4thly rift btw de manager n his owner + GM n Finally no $$$ for new players when they r hit hard by all this bad bad things... Now tht Terry got to delay his come back...

Now this is de REAL test for de Mr. Big Mouth... It wil b super hard for him to turn things ard... If he wanna to b labeled as a good manager (as debates been going on for long long time on whether he is 1 or not...), he got to prove it to everyone what he is capable during this tough tough time...

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
With the way we are playing and the chances we are creating, we really ought to score a lot more goals that we did. The problem was the conversion of those chances. Rooney is the worst culprit, misses truck loads of chances. If we start converting those chances, even teams that fight hard like Aston Villa that gave us plenty of trouble would have been buried under a hatful of goals. We can just look back at how United took the fight out of a normally tough Bolton team in one of our best performances this season.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Off the official website, great read;

United Legend: Bryan Robson
Bryan Robson's introduction to United fans was unusual to say the least, and not just because of his tight cocoa-coloured suit, cream shirt and striped tie.

Ron Atkinson, the man with a sunbed in his office and the original ‘King of Bling’, was determined to show off English football’s record signing. So in a move you’re unlikely to see repeated in the near future, a small wooden table and three seats were arranged on the Old Trafford turf. Next, in front of 46,837 people, the Geordie lad with a perm, Atkinson and chairman Martin Edwards walked out of the players’ tunnel to take their seats around the picnic table. Then, pen in hand - and with a £1.5m fee agreed with West Bromwich Albion - the man who’d later become known as Captain Marvel scribbled his signature on the dotted line to become British football’s most expensive player.

So what did United get for their money? Almost the complete midfielder. He could pass like Steven Gerrard, control games like Roy Keane, tackle like Gennaro Gattuso and had an eye for goal like Frank Lampard. Throw into the mix a ferocious will to win, a mature reading of the game and outstanding leadership qualities and it’s clear to see why Roy Keane, his eventual successor, was so flattered by comparisons.

If he had one weakness it was being so susceptible to injury, but even that was brought about by his willingness to put his body on the line for the team. His bravery often saw him hurt - he broke his leg three times in one season at the Hawthorns - and it’s estimated that that he fractured or dislocated over twenty bones during his career. Quite an achievement then that he still managed to amass 459 games and 97 goals in almost 13 years at United.

He lifted the FA Cup three times, won two Premiership winners medals and the European Cup Winners Cup. He'd also led by example as captain from October 1982 to August 1992, winning 90 England caps along the way.

Today his name is mentioned in the same breath as Duncan Edwards, George Best, Sir Bobby Charlton and, as you’re about to find out, justifiably so…

The Atkinson Era (1981-86)

There was little thought in United manager Ron Atkinson’s mind that he might be taking a risk in breaking the British transfer record for Bryan Robson. Ex-Liverpool boss Bill Shankly had urged him to pay whatever it cost and Big Ron certainly wasn’t the cautious type. “You’re not even gambling with someone like him,” said the Reds’ ebullient perma-tanned boss, “This fella is solid gold.”

It took a while for the Robson to live up to his manager’s billing. In his first season with the Reds he played 35 matches, scoring 5 goals, concentrating his energies on supporting his captain and England team mate Ray Wilkins. But it was once Wilkins left for AC Milan that Robson came into his own. In the Autumn of 1982/83 he took over as captain, then stamped his authority on the Reds’ midfield, scoring 15 goals in 49 games.

In March, injury robbed him of a place in the League Cup final with Liverpool, which United lost 1-2. But a month later he was back for the FA Cup semi final against Arsenal and duly revealed his penchant for the big occasion. With the Reds trailing to a Tony Woodcock goal, Robson dragged the Reds back into the match with a second half equaliser, then watched Norman Whiteside strike the winner.

In the final against Brighton and Hove Albion Robson was to rise to the occasion again. Having failed to get on the scoresheet in the first game, a 2-2 draw, he gave a man of the match performance in the replay. He opened the scoring with a low left-foot drive from 20 yards, then scored a tap in from a yard, then won a penalty for the Reds’ fourth (scored by Arnold Muhren, having turned down the chance to complete his hat-trick). He was fast becoming the man to rely on, something team mate Gordon McQueen was quick to acknowledge, “Sometimes with him the rest of the team could say, ‘come on ‘skip, win it for us’. There’s not many you can ask that of.”

His ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck was on show more than ever in the 1983/84 season – his best at the club – and in one game in particular. On a night that’s gone down in Old Trafford folklore the Reds over-turned a two-goal 1st leg deficit to dump Catalan giants Barcelona out of the European Cup Winners Cup. Robson was the stand out player on the pitch, United’s inspiration netting twice in a thrilling 3-0 victory. “After missing chances in Barcelona I said that I owed the lads something,” said Robbo after the game, “I was just delighted that I did it for them at Old Trafford.”

Fully established as United and England’s Captain Marvel (a name given to him by his international boss Bobby Robson), he picked up his second FA Cup winners medal in May 1985. His semi-final replay equaliser against Liverpool (the goal he regards as his “best for the club”) was followed by a winner from Mark Hughes, and in the final the Reds beat Everton 1-0, courtesy of Whiteside.

Having picked up his second piece of silverware with the Reds, his (and United’s) attention turned to the Holy Grail – the league championship. The initial signs were good, or rather great, as United rattled up ten straight wins at the start of the 84/85 season. However, injuries took their toll on Atkinson’s squad - mostly to Robson, who dislocated his shoulder at West Ham – and the Reds finished fourth.

When that disappointment was followed by a poor start to 1986/87 the writing was on the wall for Atkinson and by November he was gone. For Robbo and his team mates a new era was beginning.
One of the all time greats. Captain Marvel.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Vidic on defending;

"I always liked to play as a forward when I was growing up as a kid," explains Vidic in an exclusive interview. "My technique was useless though, so my coach came to me and said, 'Go and play in defence, kill somebody!'"
Class! :biggrin:

^Dreamerz^

1,500 RPM
Jan 16, 2005
KL,AmPang..
Visit site
christiano ronaldo on the loose, top scorer of the season on the way!!
great win yesterday, other than ronaldo scoring again, i loved to see carrick n ji sung scoring! dream come true~

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Nice to see both Park and Carrick opening their accounts. And Ronnie chipped in with another goal.

To be honest we did our usual stuff, wasn't really our best but Aston Villa were poor in the first half. We didn't get out of 3rd gear for most of the match. But I would have liked to see us develop more of a ruthless streak and bury opponents. Stick 4, 5, 6 goals past teams who didn't bring their best game. We sort of relaxed significantly after the second goal and didn't try and put sustained pressure on Villa. Oh well, another day at the office.

Anyway, 2 things of note;

1) Rooney. Out of sorts, low on confidence, down on luck. If that peach of a right foot curler made it into the top corner it probably would have sparked him. Because it didn't, he continues to be frustrated and pressured. The lad needs a break from lady luck. Young players like him need to enjoy their football. Look at Ronnie now. He plays with a smile on his face and is enjoying his best form ever. Rooney needs to rediscover his joy and passion for playing and stop dwelling on not scoring and performing badly.

2) Defensive weakness. Probably sounds strange, especially when we have the best defensive record in the league. But we need to close down on players a little faster. The Baros goal is just another one where one of our defender gets beat down the line and nobody came to help out and close down the attacker until it is too late. This isn't the first time we conceded from a cut back from that sort of position. Not closing down players around the penalty box quick enough has also allowed opponents to take fairly uncontested shots from just outside the box. These 2, along with set pieces is where we have conceded goals this season. We need to work on improving on this.

Next up is Arsenal and they are really, really good at running down the line for cutbacks into the box. And with the quality they have, giving them time and space just around the outside of the penalty area would be suicide. They aren't too shabby on set pieces either with both Gilberto and Toure being the dangermen.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Both MU and Arsenal are in top form, making this coming weekend a really exciting one. I definitely hope we keep our unbeaten home record, and on paper, a draw is actually the best bet.

Hope to witness another pulsating battle, just like the one earlier this season, where both teams could really have gone away with victory.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I was actually disappointed by United's performance at Old Trafford against you lot. It was gutless and lacked passion, hunger and desire. Arsenal also controlled the midfield and made the most of possession.

At Highbury, regardless of the result (a win would be nice), I want to see a team of hungry lions going for blood, like we showed against Arsenal last season.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Ermm, you do mean Emirates stadium right?

I was actually thinking we were getting the luck at Old Trafford that time. Ronaldo had too many chances from our lapses of concentration, and Lehmann was really spot-on at saving Solksjaer's late effort. The match could have gone anywhere.

But, I believe MU will most probably attack us during the set pieces, with lots of options in the box for you guys.

munpeng

500 RPM
Apr 9, 2006
Another thing that excites me the most is the presence of Fabregas and Carrick. It's been obvious that countless goal-scoring opportunities were created by that two. Carrick missed the OT match, and he'll definitely play against us, what a super open game that will be. Through balls flying here and there, wingers running riot at both flanks, I can't wait.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,
Need some info. Hope you guys can help and suggest any good place to do a custom bodykit.
I am planning to do one for my car.
Hoping to find a place with good service, good handwork, good price, etc.....

And I would appreciate it if the feedback are from the person whom actually did it at the "said" place.
And not hearing it from a friend, or from my brother's gf's brother, etc etc.....

I did some search and saw lots of flaming on "shops in sunway". But there were a lot of...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience