Manchester united football club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
LOL, as a Liverpool fan you don't catch up on what we do off-field and think what happens on field for one or two seasons encompasses everything.

If thats the case then you better be a Chelsea supporter.

I'm sure you stick by your club coz you know better than the casual Liverpool supporter whats going on inside the club, what youth progams they running, what charity stuff they doing, etc. So you don't feel your club is just another team but YOUR team.

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
Man Utd capture Kuszczak on loan
Tomasz Kuszczak
Kuszczak's immediate future has finally been settled
Manchester United have signed Polish goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak on a season-long loan from West Brom, with a view to a possible permanent move.

In exchange, the Baggies will get defender Paul McShane and goalkeeper Luke Steele on a permanent basis.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/5252406.stm

To most I guess is would be as crazy as signing Carrick for 18m.
Getting a keeper from a basement team on-loan but losing two young starlets permanently doesn't sound like good business sense. Of course I'm sure SAF has got his reasons.

Fergie hails starlet Evans
Stuart Brennan

RISING STAR: Jonathan EvansJONNY Evans can return from his season's loan with Royal Antwerp and start to push for a first-team place at Old Trafford.

That was the belief of Reds boss Sir Alex Ferguson, who is convinced the teenage centre-half can be the latest in an illustrious line of Ulstermen to play for the Reds - from Jackie Blanchflower through George Best to Sammy McIlroy and Norman Whiteside.

Ferguson also has high hopes for Eccles lad Danny Simpson and midfielder Lee Martin who, like Evans, have made a big impression during high-profile games in pre-season.

Belfast-born Evans, who is 18, has caught the eye most, scoring in a friendly at Celtic and looking mature and sharp in the South Africa tour and last weekend's Amsterdam Tournament. Now he is to head off for a year at United's associate club Royal Antwerp in the Belgian second division.

Ferguson, normally cautious in his praise of up-and-coming talents, said: "Jonny has been here since he was 12 years of age. We have an academy in Belfast which has produced some terrific young players for us, and the scouting system in that part of the country has been very, very good to us.

"Jonny has wonderful composure, temperament, balance and stature and in a year's time he will be absolutely outstanding.

"I think he will play for Northern Ireland in the next year and a half, even though he is only 18. And I am 100 per cent certain he will be a Manchester United player."

Simpson is a year older than Evans, but there is already talk within Old Trafford that he will challenge fellow Salfordian Phil Bardsley for the right to be Gary Neville's natural successor at right back.

Ferguson, speaking at the launch of the Manchester United Premier Cup this week, said: "Danny is a local boy from Salford which has been a great breeding-ground for us over the past few decades. Danny has the potential to be an outstanding player. For a young boy he is a natural defender, with great speed. Our plan is to farm him out to Royal Antwerp along with Jonny."

Martin is a different case - he already had first-team experience with Wimbledon as a 16-year-old before joining United for an initial fee of £200,000 which could rise to £1m depending on his success. Last season he made his United first-team debut in the Carling Cup tie with Barnet.

Now 19, the Somerset lad usually plays up and down the left flank, and is also expected to go out on loan next week, with Rangers first in the queue to sign him.

"We signed Lee from Wimbledon two years ago, and he cost us some money, but we are now seeing why he cost us money.

"He came here for the final year of his schooling and then went into our academy. He will be farmed out this week to another club for six months to give him experience."
Have the feeling we're going to see them replace some of the current players in the 08/09 season or even next season.

Fergie slams academy rule

SIR Alex Ferguson has taken another sideswipe at the Football Association's "ridiculous" 90-minute travelling time rule for academy graduates.

The Manchester United manager has long held the belief United were being unfairly restricted by the FA regulations, which prevent any club from bringing players to their academy who lived outside the radius of a 90-minute drive from their home ground.

It means United fans living in London and the south-east or Cardiff and the south-west are excluded from training with their favourite club unless they relocate to the north-west.

The Red Devils have tried to get round the system by extending their scouting operation and bringing in highly-rated youngsters such as Giuseppe Rossi and Gerard Pique from the European mainland.

But, as he promoted the annual Under-15 Manchester United Premier Cup, Ferguson has again outlined his opposition to the FA's current rules.

"The academy is a handicap to us," said Ferguson.

"The 90-minute rule is the most ridiculous rule I have ever known. Ninety minutes could be five miles up the road.

"I would have thought it was illegal to deny a young boy the chance to come to a club like Manchester United but it is something we can do nothing about."

Convinced

Ferguson is convinced the current crop of United youngsters, including its star pupil, Belfast-born defender Jonny Evans, is as good as any which have come through the Old Trafford ranks since the famed `Class of 92'.

Unfortunately, they were unable to advance beyond the opening round of the Premier Cup, the trophy which brings together 20 top sides from every continent and which has, in the past, been graced by the likes of Lionel Messi, Robinho and Fernando Torres.

Defeat to Brazilian outfit Sao Paulo consigned United to an early exit and Ferguson could yet find himself in the slightly embarrassing situation of handing the trophy over to Arsenal, who still have a chance of reaching the Old Trafford final on Friday.

Nevertheless, he is happy to promote a competition run in conjunction with sportswear giant Nike which, according to United skipper Gary Neville, ensures his club remains at the forefront of worldwide youth development.

"Tournaments like these formed the start of my international education," said Neville.

"By hosting them, I think it proves Manchester United are committed to youth development, something I am very proud of.

"No team in the country will have had nine players who have come through the ranks in their pre-season teams as we have and, along with Ajax, I believe people regard Manchester United as the major developer of talent in Europe."
There are a few youth academy's which are acclaimed to produce very good talent, to name a few.....Manchester United, West Ham, France's Clairfontaine, and Ajax.

Alot of great players came from these academy's. The alumni is like a who's who of the footballing world.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
Seraph said:
LOL, as a Liverpool fan you don't catch up on what we do off-field and think what happens on field for one or two seasons encompasses everything.

If thats the case then you better be a Chelsea supporter.

I'm sure you stick by your club coz you know better than the casual Liverpool supporter whats going on inside the club, what youth progams they running, what charity stuff they doing, etc. So you don't feel your club is just another team but YOUR team.
Never ever fucking lable me a Chelsea supporter. I asked out of genuine curiosity because you said MU are ALWAYS ahead of the competition. And YES I do know more than the average LFC supporter because I have been one since 88. So everyone who questions your team is suddenly a Chelsea supporter now?

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
It's not like I made a blind comment. I based my comment on what I know and at least I do know know something about MU albeit being a Liverpool fan. I do watch manc games and that includes the recent pre-season games. It is a forum for discussion right?

You can call me an asshole, fool or anything but calling me a Chelsea fan is a sinful man.

Seraph

2,000 RPM
Jun 20, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
its no top secret stuff.
if you flip thru the mu mag once in a while you'll also know whats happening behind the scenes. especially the back pages there is alot of info on the reserve and youth teams. what they do and where they play. and about the academy. so when i read comments from people who assume alot, its just irritating.

yeah and why there is profanity in your post. i didn't even meant it in a mean why.

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
He didn't call u a chelsea fan. He said you better be a chelsea fan.

"If thats the case then you better be a Chelsea supporter." - from Seraph's post.

I'm not gonna interfere anymore hehe. Lets talk football !

Gti

1,000 RPM
Sep 5, 2004
Visit site
United have been linked with a move for Bayern Munich midfielder Owen Hargreaves.

Sir Alex Ferguson has allegedly earmarked the 25-year-old for the holding role in United's midfield after his excellent World Cup displays for England.

The Mirror tips a £7million move to be completed soon, while other news sources are also confident Hargreaves is Old Trafford-bound.

Meanwhile, rumours suggest United are stalling on a deal to sign Marcos Senna, possibly over of a disparity between the Reds and Villarreal over the Spaniard's value.

Sky Sports, on the other hand, feel United have rekindled their interest in Lyon's Mahamadou Diarra, and will rival Real Madrid for the signature of the tough-tackling Mali midfielder.

hmm...if Mu really buys hargreaves for 7 mil...i have to say that's a very fair price.If they buy Diarra...silverfish's dream would come true! hahaha

munky

1,500 RPM
Jul 18, 2004
PJ
www.playboy.com
I wonder why SAF is not interested in signing Guti from real. Now he's set to join atletico madrid. He's a very good midfielder for me.

keong_GSR

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
do u guys notice that veron perform quite well for us in d champion league?
he's still d best player just cannot adapt into british style only... languages,culture,media,hard tackling n fast play that make him sick...

senna
diarra
now i heard they talk bout tevez pulak...:_:

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Veron did have a couple of decent CL's game, and thats about it. However, to survive in England, it isn't about playing well in CL only. Besides no manager would want to buy a player just because he plays well in CL.

I don't know why but Veron did well in Italy for a couple of season, then shifted to Man Utd and played so horribly. And played even worst at Chelsea and went on loan in Italy where he sort of faded away. He was axed from Argentian national team and now he's nowhere to be found. Last i heard, he's playing in Argentinian League. He's downfall is just too spectacular.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Now if only more United fans look like that...I wonder if anybody would still bother to kick the ball.

Last edited:

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
Seraph said:
its no top secret stuff.
if you flip thru the mu mag once in a while you'll also know whats happening behind the scenes. especially the back pages there is alot of info on the reserve and youth teams. what they do and where they play. and about the academy. so when i read comments from people who assume alot, its just irritating.

yeah and why there is profanity in your post. i didn't even meant it in a mean why.
for what it's worth, i try not to make assumptions. i base what i say on what i see and it's true you've not churned out much talent from the youth team off late. i've been watching you mancs play for as long as i have liverpool. i even remember a couple of your youth team players that didn't make the 1st team back then like russel beardsmore and lee martin.

excuse my profanity but i do get offended when people say i make baseless comments and attempt to associate me with a shit team like chelsea.

hid3

Known Member
Aug 1, 2004
Petaling Jaya
Visit site
Seraph said:
its no top secret stuff.

errmm.. just out of curiosity... on what basis did you 'assume' that duke was making assumptions :p

anyways.. Obi Mikel seems darn good in the 2 games he played. Has the skill, the power and the speed... how do you guys see it? wasted huh.. money faced..

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
I can't see how missing out on a player that was so obviously a god damn mercenary, regardless of how talented he is, is a bad thing. It can only be good that we have avoided a money grubber of that level.

Especially when we got money (quite a lot of it) from Chelsea for essentially nothing.

Last edited:

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
Duke, Seraph, can't you guys just shake hands and make up?

There was some kind of misunderstanding and overreaction on both your parts.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HI apreciate if some one can tell me about engine oil

i had a wira 1.5 manual SOHC engine and it is fuel injection, but i wanted to know what is the exact engine oil specifications like the (SAE 4bla bal bla bal) and the gearbox oil as well ?....is there any codes ofr both engines and gearbox oil?

is there any performance engine and gearbox oil in the market?>

can it be put in the engines?

if yes what are they ?
brands and names?
the code?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience