maintenance of KIA CAR very high

zuludee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2005
Just wanna share with u all.........
last 2 days i send my spectra for diagnosis......just diagnosis on electrical and engine......
what they do is just plug the diagnos socket to computer and the result is out....
guess how much the cost is......
RM80 for that simple test.......
that's why KIA owner dont want to send their car to KIA service center because is it very expensive.....
for nazaria.......major service is around RM1400 to rm1800...
for your info.....BMW 5 series latest model for major service is aroung rm800++ only.....so judge yourself.....i'm not condeming KIA car but the maintenance is very crazy.....
I also using kia spectra and NAZAria but my suggestion is...who ever wanna buy kia car.......think twice.......get to know more about maintenance and then u can decide it....
if u all have suggestion or idea can raise it here.....tq

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
bro dis is not maintanence issue...its more like those fucking Kia Service Centre chop our neck...u wanna know hw much they charge me to change gasket??RM1.3k!!damn stupid....but got sum things we got no choice but to send thr such as ECU tuning...but it is true tht korean spareparts r much more expensiv than say...proton?

whatever it is..just dont send ur Kia to authorize service center unless still under warranty...if warranty over...cabut!!!!

speedster

Known Member
Sep 27, 2005
Some correction on BMW service if i may add,

The 5 series E60 BMW or 3 series E90 comes with free 3 year maintenance free, basically within this period of time u dont even spend a single cent on your car, even the wiper is covered under the free maintenance.

But if u want to know how much it cost for normaly annual/ 25k km service, its rm700, major service will definitely cost more than rm1k

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
Some correction on BMW service if i may add,

The 5 series E60 BMW or 3 series E90 comes with free 3 year maintenance free, basically within this period of time u dont even spend a single cent on your car, even the wiper is covered under the free maintenance.

But if u want to know how much it cost for normaly annual/ 25k km service, its rm700, major service will definitely cost more than rm1k
its still reasonable if major service is rm1k plus for BMW......some korean cars like chevy and kia cost u more than 2.5k for timing belt change...blur!

alonso

500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
agreed with u guy, kia service center charge very expensive but u cant do anything if ur car still under warranty but if expired just find other mech experts in kia model to avoid expensive labour & parts charge..btw some parts not very expensive if u buy directly from kia authorised spare parts shop just find mech experts in kia model then fix it with reasonable charge..but i agreed korean products not long lasting (cannot tahan lasak) used compared japan products

Bump: agreed with u guy, kia service center charge very expensive but u cant do anything if ur car still under warranty but if expired just find other mech experts in kia model to avoid expensive labour & parts charge..btw some parts not very expensive if u buy directly from kia authorised spare parts shop just find mech experts in kia model then fix it with reasonable charge..but i agreed korean products not long lasting (cannot tahan lasak) used compared japan products

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
a friend of mine who worked in kia service centre came out and open a workshop to do car repairs.. mainly customer who came back seems are the owner of the kia carnival.... always same problem.. water leak into combustion chamber. noticed that the block liner actually divided into 2 parts... and all it take to prevent the leak to the combustion chamber is a damm o-ring and some special glue. wtf...and its hell expensive as everytime the engine being dissembled, new glue,new o ring , new gasket and worst still if hydro lock happened and bend valves inside... my god.... how the hell could they release a car which is so bad in FC, no power and unreliable to the market.

Bump: a friend of mine who worked in kia service centre came out and open a workshop to do car repairs.. mainly customer who came back seems are the owner of the kia carnival.... always same problem.. water leak into combustion chamber. noticed that the block liner actually divided into 2 parts... and all it take to prevent the leak to the combustion chamber is a damm o-ring and some special glue. wtf...and its hell expensive as everytime the engine being dissembled, new glue,new o ring , new gasket and worst still if hydro lock happened and bend valves inside... my god.... how the hell could they release a car which is so bad in FC, no power and unreliable to the market.

gothculture

Known Member
Apr 18, 2008
Spectacular aint it that it hasnt end up with the same fate wit Daewoo...

Y the choice of a Kia?

Answer: Something worth paying for than a bloody Proton but cant afford a Japan make

HAHA!

Gtiiiii_01

Known Member
May 28, 2006
a friend of mine who worked in kia service centre came out and open a workshop to do car repairs.. mainly customer who came back seems are the owner of the kia carnival.... always same problem.. water leak into combustion chamber. noticed that the block liner actually divided into 2 parts... and all it take to prevent the leak to the combustion chamber is a damm o-ring and some special glue. wtf...and its hell expensive as everytime the engine being dissembled, new glue,new o ring , new gasket and worst still if hydro lock happened and bend valves inside... my god.... how the hell could they release a car which is so bad in FC, no power and unreliable to the market.

That's the reason why i decided my kia carnival needs an engine transplant coz no point fixing it. the total cos more than transplanting an engine. installing the vq25 nissan cefiro's engine. they said more realliable and better FC compare to the stock engine n the mitsubishi VRG twin turbo.

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
i tink thats the best solution as the fc is quite bad. really can see the petrol gauge going down when trapped in the massive jam

blackmamba1

Jan 1, 2006
I juz change my timing belt and all major parts for cooling system (Rubber main hose, fibre hose n others) including oil and sparkplugs in mac 2009 only cost me 1k with genuine KIA parts at my old mechanic workshop in seberang perai penang at 100km meter reading. Only once went to KIA service centre in Setapak for general diagnose and electrical charging parts diagnose only RM46.00.. still got the bill with me..

Gtiiiii_01

Known Member
May 28, 2006
I juz change my timing belt and all major parts for cooling system (Rubber main hose, fibre hose n others) including oil and sparkplugs in mac 2009 only cost me 1k with genuine KIA parts at my old mechanic workshop in seberang perai penang at 100km meter reading. Only once went to KIA service centre in Setapak for general diagnose and electrical charging parts diagnose only RM46.00.. still got the bill with me..
that's really reasonable... but u know my kia carnival got leaking inside the combustion chambers which now got water in the cylinder head n it cost me at least RM7k to fix it at kia. That's why went for engine conversion.

zuludee

Known Member
Mar 29, 2005
for kia owner that stay in north area like penang, sg petani and alor star who want kia sparepart for a cheaper price can call me....i can take directly fm kl coz i always travel fm sg petani and kl......just name me what spareparts u want then i can ask for it and buy it for u......for example nazaria timing belt full set original i can get u for below rm600. just call me 0192173430

blackmamba1

Jan 1, 2006
that's really reasonable... but u know my kia carnival got leaking inside the combustion chambers which now got water in the cylinder head n it cost me at least RM7k to fix it at kia. That's why went for engine conversion.

I juz found that some mechanics able to modd the liner(Block cylinder) adding somekind of "o" rings that can prevent from water leaking to internal engine part in KL. I met one of the mechanic in Wangsa Melawati claimed that he already made a few overhaulin adding the method and its improved that only cost RM 5k. For me its quite resonable..

Gtiiiii_01

Known Member
May 28, 2006
I juz found that some mechanics able to modd the liner(Block cylinder) adding somekind of "o" rings that can prevent from water leaking to internal engine part in KL. I met one of the mechanic in Wangsa Melawati claimed that he already made a few overhaulin adding the method and its improved that only cost RM 5k. For me its quite resonable..
i paid RM7.5k for the engine conversion. For me personally cant afford to try in error. spent to much edi on my kia carnival...