LSD

egnck

Mar 29, 2004
Yo guys if i want to get an LSD do i need to get the whole LSD gear box or can i just get the LSD and fix it in my gear box. and is it plug and or do i have to do some modification to my gear box??? thanks in advance!!! :ph34r:

S_04

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Originally posted by egnck@Jun 24 2004, 10:34 AM
Yo guys if i want to get an LSD do i need to get the whole LSD gear box or can i just get the LSD and fix it in my gear box. and is it plug and or do i have to do some modification to my gear box??? thanks in advance!!! :ph34r:
yah onli LSD alos can

kaaz
cusco
Mugen
Spoon

TODA6866

Known Member
Nov 19, 2003
pek corner then will know lor.........

many ppl say turn one side of wheel, if the other turns oso, then got if not dun hav
how true is dat? dunno man

eater_eg6

500 RPM
Feb 15, 2004
east coast
www.geocities.com
Originally posted by TODA6866@Jun 24 2004, 02:29 PM

many ppl say turn one side of wheel, if the other turns oso, then got if not dun hav
izzit true ??? i dun think so lor...i think every car also like that cozz got diffrential gear mar.... correct me if i m wrong...whats the diffrent of the LSD car n no LSD car when cornering ??

little_monster

1,500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
<º))))><
Visit site
Originally posted by eater_eg6+Jun 24 2004, 02:57 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (eater_eg6 @ Jun 24 2004, 02:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-TODA6866@Jun 24 2004, 02:29 PM

izzit true ??? i dun think so lor...i think every car also like that cozz got diffrential gear mar.... correct me if i m wrong...whats the diffrent of the LSD car n no LSD car when cornering ?? [/b][/quote]
its actually true tat u turn 1 side of the wheel the other will follow...anyway tats the simply way of checking it out...if u wanna really confirm whether got lsd or not...take it to ya mechanic and tell him to take out the gear box .. dismental everything and see whether got lsd or not hahah :lol:

KillerB

Known Member
Nov 20, 2003
Malaysia
Visit site
A car without LSD has a non LSD "differential" inside your gearbox. When u found an lsd that is suitable for your gearbox, u simply replace the original differential with the lsd (limited slip differential). No mods required and u can't mod an lsd to suit gearboxes.

eater,
b16a original lsd, when u jack up the car and turn one side of the wheel, the other side will turn in the same direction. For type r original lsd, when u turn one side, the other side will not turn. It uses a different system. One sure way to know whether u hv lsd or not, take out wheels and drive shafts, and try to look through the gear box from side ways. If you can see through the drive shaft, u've got lsd. If not, u ain't got lsd. I'm now running on type r lsd. It doesn't have the full lock features found in a full lock lsd. My driving impression : it works while launching the car, and helps slightly on corners. I've tried a full lock lsd before, and it's totally different from the std b16a or type r lsd's. Cut the long story short; good. But gotta live with the clanking sound at junction type of corners.

minicooper

Known Member
Mar 8, 2004
LSD

when rotate wheel forward the other wheel will also rotate forward, if the other wheel rotates opposite direction than its the normal gear box, am i correct guys?

500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
killerb,
is it true that full lock lsd isn't suitable for fwd?

cheers!

simonchangwaimun

1,500 RPM
Nov 21, 2003
Cheras
teamshadowrider.multiply.com
wat does LSD do
can someone refresh my mind?
tq

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys, I have some problem, after some investigations:

- usually when temperature passes half, radiator fan will on and once the temp is slightly below half, it stops
- problem is, sometimes even after half, the fan is still not moving causing the temperature raised high (almost red bar)
- i thought the fan broken, tried to knock the motor (suggestion from a friend), still not working
- but, when I turn the AC on, both fans (radiator & AC) are on now. Meaning, my radiator fan is working! It...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience