Lotus Elite the cream of the crop

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Meet the Lotus Elite, the new convertible GT sports car that comes with a folding hardtop, seven-speed dual clutch transmission and actual weight.

The model is touted to be a compact 2+2 GT and will mark a new ear for the British brand. The seven-speed dual clutch tranny will be the only transmission option, no manual on hand. And get this, the competition that it’s lining up against is none other than a Ferrari 599.

Motivation comes from a mid-mounted 5-liter V8 pumping out 542hp in the standard version and 611hp in R-tuned spec. Torque stands at an earth twisting 717Nm. All that combines for an approximated century sprint of a blistering 3.6-seconds. Further reports suggest that Formula One tech could find its way in there too with a KERS-like hybrid system providing 50hp bursts.

It’s a good thing too because apparently the Elite is going to tip the scales at a porky 1.6-tons. Just to put it in perspective, that’s almost two Lotus Elises.

Price wise, it’s going to cost you quite a bit of coin. An Elite is going to set you back about $180,000, which is about $30,000 below a Ferrari California but with the power of a 599. Phrased like that, it actually resemblance financial logic.

A 10-year $1.2 billion development plan is in the works that will see Lotus brought up to compete directly against competition such as Aston Martin and Maserati.

“Lotus can't survive as a niche brand. It needs to be more appealing and has to exceed its rivals with better quality, class-leading emissions and performance at a better price,” Said Lotus Chief Executive Officer Danny Bahar.

Source: Jalopnik

Attachments

har1th7

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
even it is not Chapman way of doing it... but it sure look sexyyyyyy....

*but it is lighter than most Ferrari , Aston

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

lotus can produce high spec sports car that can compete with Ferrari.....proton can produce high spec sampah car only that can compete with lori sampah
the text above does not include the word PROTON..... so, why bring this up????

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
lotus 'elite'

name trying too hard.

dont think ive seen a 5L V8 engine frm toyota b4(?), so lotus might not use toyota again. even though there were rumours of using LFA's engine. also i doubt they will have ricardo gearbox too in the LE V8. wont be competitive (lose money) hence back to square one for lotus.

the thing is lotus is right to go away (partly) from chapman's philosophies, in the sense refinement & luxuries would mean weight gains on the 'elite' [i[(it clearly dont sound quite right)[/i]. (chapman wont go this path)

come lotus, think 'bigger' (on the name)

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

salam 1 kangkung

i'm planning to buy used nissan terrano and change into sr20det auto

but terrano weight will make this engine struggle

terrano weight= 1540 kg - 4x4 system about 100 kg =1440 kg curb weight

nissan silvia = 1200 -1300 kg

my question is;

is that possibble to detuning sr20det to get low end power ?high torque at lower rpm

need to change turbo n intercooler system?

or this suggestion is impossible to implement?

i'm not speed demon ,just need for...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience