LIVERPOOL FC-Great Britain Greatest Club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
hmmmm... true laaa... at feyenoord they got van hoijdonk, romeo castelan, solomon kolou... romeo and solomon are the main strikers now... latest news is that feyenoord saying kuyt is not for sale...

RPM_freak

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
kLANG
We all know Rafa is not a man who will be held for ransom, its either we are getting the player at a resonable price or he will get somone else .. unlike houllier who spent money at his will and ended up brining in unfit/unproven talents. Whats the news on Sinama anyway ? He is staying ?

For me a striker in the EPL must have speed, good first touch and technique. Cisse was suppoed to be that man, unfortunately he lacks in the lattar two departments.

I think next season Rafa should use more of his fullbacks in an attacking position, our midfield is young and with sisoko we can have somone to cover the entire pitch. More attacks means more gols (in theory that is)

I say we make a bold bid for RVN .. hehe .. :D

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
Heaven forbid that we would sign any Manc direct. Wasn't that bad when Ince joined as he was with Inter at the time.

Anyway, bye bye Nando. I really feel for him, never lived up to his billing. Kinda sad that we never saw the prolific striker that played to well for Monaco and Real Madrid. "You'll Never Walk Alone".

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
yeah... he got so much to offer... can't seem to make it happen while with liverpool though....

his best goal for liverpool for me was away against fulham in season 04/05... just a old fashion morientes glancing header...

bye nando

RPM_freak

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
kLANG
Adios abang Nando .. May you find it easier to find the back of the net at Valencia.

:- Nando gone .. clear signal we are gonna get us a striker !! .. Cisse ? .. I think it depends if his value goes up during the world cup :() or maybe Rafa is gonna give him another season .. ???

I think Nandos best gol was againt Charlton at the valley .. side step and a whack to the coner .. :D ..

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
yes, we need a stirker (one that we wont be held ransom by). chances are if we dont get a prolific one (targetted) then cisse will stay.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
On the 21st anniversary of the Heysel Stadium tragedy, Liverpool Football Club remembers the 39 football supporters who went to watch a European Cup Final and sadly never returned.
On 29 May 1985, the deaths of 38 Italians and one Belgian totally overshadowed our European Cup Final defeat to Juventus.

What should have been a joyous occasion turned into a nightmare.

No-one will ever forget the horror that unfolded before our eyes that night and 21 years on let's all pause for a moment to pay our respects to those unfortunate victims...

In Memoria e Amicizia, in Memory and Friendship

Rocco Acerra
Bruno Balli
Alfons Bos
Giancarlo Bruschera
Andrea Casula
Giovanni Casula
Nino Cerullo
Willy Chielens
Giuseppina Conti
Dirk Daenecky
Dionisio Fabbro
Jacques François
Eugenio Gagliano
Francesco Galli
Giancarlo Gonnelli
Alberto Guarini
Giovacchino Landini
Roberto Lorentini
Barbara Lusci
Franco Martelli
Loris Messore
Gianni Mastrolaco
Sergio Bastino Mazzino
Luciano Rocco Papaluca
Luigi Pidone
Bento Pistolato
Patrick Radcliffe
Domenico Ragazzi
Antonio Ragnanese
Claude Robert
Mario Ronchi
Domenico Russo
Tarcisio Salvi
Gianfranco Sarto
Giuseppe Spalaore
Mario Spanu
Tarcisio Venturin
Jean Michel Walla
Claudio Zavaroni

RIP - You'll Never Walk Alone
YNWA 39

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
RPM_freak; you do know what happened at Heysel right?

English hooliganism at its absolute best.

Wikipedia said:
39 football fans died in the tragedy, 34 Italian fans of Juventus FC, 4 Belgians, 2 French and an Irishman.

RPM_freak

Known Member
Sep 13, 2005
kLANG
ahaa .. i do know what happened on that day ..

Just wanted the Liverpool fans who "caused" the incident to R I P ..

As for the 39 that died .. hope they R I P too.

On a lighter note, whats with mark gonzalez .. looks like he`s gotten him self in a spot of trouble .. rgrgr .. did any of you guys see the 40 yard plus shot he took in a La-Liga match .. that was on thunderbolt shot ..

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
no news yet but he seems convinced rafa'll ship him out.

what spot of trouble has gonzalez gotten himself into anyway?

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
girl in room overnight after game (caught by their national coach).

another stud in waiting??

prodigy

2,000 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
I really didn't know about the Heysel tragedy till last years CL match.

However, you've got to give credits to Liverpool for their gesture of goodwill in the match last season whereby their fans on the stands made that friendship thing using paperboards.

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
before Heysel, security for big euro club games were a joke. many changes were implemented since. Some also said the "absent" euro nights since brought the decline in LFc as a dominant force.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
RAFA: CARRA'S THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE
Paul Eaton 02 June 2006​

Rafael Benitez today hailed Jamie Carragher as 'the best centre back in the Premiership' as he expressed his surprise at England's decision to employ him as a holding midfielder.
Carragher played in a deep lying midfield role against Hungary in midweek and didn't let his country down with a typically accomplished performance in an unfamiliar position.

Benitez isn't surprised Carragher maintained his usual level of consistency, but he feels he deserves a place in his favoured role at the heart of the defence.

"I now have a new holding midfielder signed for Liverpool with Jamie Carragher," said Benitez.

"I'm really surprised the best centre-back in the Premiership was playing in midfield for his country, but I know Carra can play in many positions.

"Carra has the right attitude and will always try his best. Wherever he plays, he's always at a very high level.

"Steven Gerrard is the same, so maybe that's why the Liverpool players are the ones who are used out of position instead of players from other clubs."

Benitez is also delighted to see striker Peter Crouch once again excel on the international stage following another goal for his country in midweek.

"We thought at the time we had bought a good player who would show his value," said Benitez.

"He was exactly the kind of player we needed and he will continue to be an important player for us in the future.

"I'm very pleased he's doing as good a job for England as he has done for Liverpool and now more people can see we signed a very good player.

"We were always confident in Crouch and he scored a great goal for England against Hungary."
Rafa's starting to have a dig. We all dream of a team of Carraghers, a team of Carraghers!

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
RAFA: CARRA'S THE BEST IN THE LEAGUE
Paul Eaton 02 June 2006​

Rafael Benitez today hailed Jamie Carragher as 'the best centre back in the Premiership' as he expressed his surprise at England's decision to employ him as a holding midfielder.
Carragher played in a deep lying midfield role against Hungary in midweek and didn't let his country down with a typically accomplished performance in an unfamiliar position.

Benitez isn't surprised Carragher maintained his usual level of consistency, but he feels he deserves a place in his favoured role at the heart of the defence.

"I now have a new holding midfielder signed for Liverpool with Jamie Carragher," said Benitez.

"I'm really surprised the best centre-back in the Premiership was playing in midfield for his country, but I know Carra can play in many positions.

"Carra has the right attitude and will always try his best. Wherever he plays, he's always at a very high level.

"Steven Gerrard is the same, so maybe that's why the Liverpool players are the ones who are used out of position instead of players from other clubs."

Benitez is also delighted to see striker Peter Crouch once again excel on the international stage following another goal for his country in midweek.

"We thought at the time we had bought a good player who would show his value," said Benitez.

"He was exactly the kind of player we needed and he will continue to be an important player for us in the future.

"I'm very pleased he's doing as good a job for England as he has done for Liverpool and now more people can see we signed a very good player.

"We were always confident in Crouch and he scored a great goal for England against Hungary."
Rafa's starting to have a dig. We all dream of a team of Carraghers, a team of Carraghers!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

BMW Group Malaysia today unveiled the third variant of the 6-series – the Gran Coupé that joins its Coupé and Convertible siblings. The Gran Coupé is BMW’s first four-door coupé that marries sporty aesthetics with powerful dynamics, penetrating yet another segment of premium luxury cars. Four-door sedan and dynamics of a coupé; this is the winning formula for an attractive vehicle with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience