BMW’s 6-series Gran Coupé now sold in Malaysia

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

BMW Group Malaysia today unveiled the third variant of the 6-series – the Gran Coupé that joins its Coupé and Convertible siblings. The Gran Coupé is BMW’s first four-door coupé that marries sporty aesthetics with powerful dynamics, penetrating yet another segment of premium luxury cars. Four-door sedan and dynamics of a coupé; this is the winning formula for an attractive vehicle with everyday usability. Better yet, BMW’s 6-series Gran Coupé is the only four-door coupé that can seat up to five people as standard (albeit only for short journeys).

For now, only the 640i Gran Coupé is for sale - featuring a 3.0-litre in-line six engine with BMW’s twin-scroll turbo technology and is mated to an 8-speed auto box. This mill is capable for 320hp/450Nm, sprinting from Zerotohundred in 5.4 seconds, all the way to its limited 250km/h top speed. Other tech bits include VALVETRONIC variable valve lift control with Double-VANOS variable, Integral Active Steering, Adaptive Drive anti-roll stabilization, Dynamic Damper Control, and ConnectedDrive functions. BMW’s EfficientDynamics are also featured and includes an auto start/stop function and brake energy regeneration that helps to ensure exemplary fuel efficiency and emissions. BMW claims average consumption of 7.8-litres per 100km and CO2 emissions of 181 grams per kilometer.

There’s no denying that the 6-series Gran Coupé is an aesthetically pleasing vehicle, both inside and out. Galvanised trim elements are embedded between the air inlets, foglight, third brake light, and rear roof edge gives this car some individuality, setting it apart as a member of the 6-series family. On the inside, the cockpit is notably driver focused with a large iDrive monitor (biggest in its class) and is offered in several options – Black, Cinnamon Brown and Ivory White. Buyers who want even more exclusivity have the option of a premium package that includes Nappa leather upholstery with contrast stitching, leather finished instrument panels, and 19-inch W-spoke design alloys.

BMW Group Malaysia has seen tremendous growth so far this year, with a total of 2,702 BMW, MINI and Motorrad vehicles delivered as of May 2012, comprising of 2,414 BMW, 140 MINI and 148 Motorrad vehicles. With the introduction of the 6-series Gran Coupé (the first country in the region to unveil this car), BMW Group Malaysia is confident that this new model will boost their sales and success in Malaysia. It would be hard to doubt them, especially considering how they’ve become Malaysia’s number one selling premium automotive brand.

The BMW 6-series Gran Coupé is available in seven external shades – Black Sapphire, Vermillon Red, Havanna, Space Grey, Orion Silver, Deep Sea Blue, and Mineral White. Retail price (OTR without insurance) is RM788,800 with the optional premium package costing an extra RM35,000.

To view/download all hi-res images from this event, click here.

Attachments

Last edited:

Won

500 RPM
Sep 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I've gotta admit; the new 6-series looks really good, whether in 2-door or 4-door form. Will be a good rival to Merc's CLS and Audi's A7.

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys ... a friend of mine got his SGTi stolen last month in SS15 (Subang Jaya).

He just told me though ... May be if I post it here somebody could might have seen it.

Its Satria GTi with reg. no WHQ 8676

It's all standard bodykit but there's no lip as it is broken and a big dent on the passenger side.

The headlamps light is one orange and one white (dun ask me why)

Interior is all standard but with digital e-cond.

Just helping a friend here ... Thanks.
Any help/ clues is truely...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience