LIVERPOOL FC-Great Britain Greatest Club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
Not read it yet, am about to finish "Red Revival". After that I want to move onto Fowler's autobiography and after that, I want to get Thommo's one.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
You can get it from Borders in the Curve. Phil Thompson's is available in Kinokuniya. Not heard about Owen's but if it's shit, I'll pass.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
recieved this from a friend:
http://www.fanstreet.com/perl/video.pl?id=73659
video shows Cristiano Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Henry drbbling skills.
Sorry, no reds featured.
Anyway, luvs Ronaldinho and Henry. Personally think they're good and on top of their game.
Except Cristiano here....even in this particular video which is suppose to be i guessed edited by die hard fans also shows him falling here and there....
*sigh* I remember Fergusan actually asked the lad to learn from the likes of Scholes and Giggs.

thteh86

2,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Subang Jaya, Ma
Visit site
from liverpoolfc.tv

I think in every game i've been to, i've seen shirts with every name on, but not Finnan. I've heard songs sung about everyone, but not Finnan. This guy has consistantly served us at right back for such a long time now i find it hard to believe he is so unsung. Just because he doesn't score goals, and goes about his job in a subtle and honest hard-working way, people completely overlook him!

I think this guy deserves massive praise. People forget all to easily that while we can rotate everywhere on the pitch, Finnan can rarely be left out as he is really our only natural right back. He does his job so well and always seems to be fit and ready to give 100% to the cause. The guy is even a champions league winner, seeing him in the winners photo almost makes you think "oh yeah, he was there too".

Finnan has become so much a part of the furniture that people seem to take him for granted. I think we should do more to express our appreciation for the services he has given us. Maybe some of you songwriters out there could whip something up?

Let's show this guy our appreciation in the next match, let him know he is as important to us as any of the "big names".

YNWA Steve!

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
Same was said about Didi. Finnan is one of our most low profile players because he is a reserved lad that seldom speaks to the press. One of our most consistent performers without a doubt. We conceed most of our goals from crosses that come from the left side of our goal, says a lot of Finnan's contributions.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
That or Risse's constant exploits on the other half of the pitch leaving you lot exposed down the left. Having left wingers...ahem sorry...players on the left who couldn't bother to tackle probably doesn't help either.

faeizal

500 RPM
Apr 21, 2004
Visit site
out of topic question break...

chelsea to win the CL this season...??? what do u guys think...?
they got 4 points off barcelona this season...

personally... i think luck plays a huge part in the CL... it's just plain luck in the CL... apart from barcelona this year... i think there's no other team that won it based on the strength of their squads...

manager's tactical prowess... nah.... they got it wrong most of the time... in this they will definately suffer against the bigger teams... but not those small teams...
they can win the match on their players individual abilities alone...

so what do u think of chelsea's credential this season...? drogba doing well... the team also clicks well... so how...

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
the team really haven't clicked yet...
looook at the way they played in EPL...seems still out of form.
For EPL; can see for sure Asene Wenger's team is finally clicking where as ours due to the rotation still can't seem to find our feet yet.
For EPL, I think this year's favour would be ManU.
As for CL, still need to analyse and it depends on the clashes in the quaters and semis...too early to tell.

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
Not the most entertaining of matches but effective indeed. Gerrard was back at his brilliant best in the middle of the park and Kuyt's work ethic got him two goals. Eat your heart out Shebbie Singh, not premiership quality indeed. Gotta appreciate what Spurs did to Chelsea though.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
that second goal from Spurs is really brilliant! Thanks to the feetwork of Robbie Keane....and the cross in is accurate.
Saw it in RedBox last night while waiting for the bill....
kekekeke

Duke Red

2,000 RPM
Jul 27, 2005
Earth
Just a week after almost sending Steve McMahon tumbling off his chair by stating that Steven Gerrard's best position for England is at right-back, our pride and joy staked claim that both Sissoko and Kuyt are not premiership material. Neither are feking Spurs!!!! Oklah, so they beat Chelsea... what's the big deal. Silverfish must be smacking his lips after the bigger two London clubs lost over the weekend.

si|verfish

5,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2004
PJ
WTF?? Rightback?

Sounds like Shebby is losing the plot.

To be fair, he wasn't the only one who had a go at Sissoko, I think McMahon did as well...if I haven't lost the plot that is.

Anyway, you are quite right...I'm having a mini celebration in my head after a great weekend.

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
Chealsea can't really find their feet yet. That's all I can say for now.
Looks like if they can't really find their form this season; EPL is going back to ManU.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

ARTA NSX wins revenge race
The JAPAN GT CHAMPIONSHIP MALAYSIA, Round 4 of the 2006 AUTOBACS SUPER GT series was held on June 25 at the Sepang International Circuit.

Images by: Andy Goh

Despite the thin cloud cover, the temperature...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience