LIVERPOOL FC-Great Britain Greatest Club

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
-fRëɧt¥£3R- said:
but i reckon he's good lookin wit long hair =p

Haaa...aa..ya!!freestyler..totally agree with u!!! anyway...What a MOUTH WATERING TREAT from our lads today!!! FLOOD GATE OPEN!!!!!

i-dunt-the-fuck-know-how-crouch-scored-that.

kuyt's goal was awesome too, control on the chest then volleyed in.

next on Bordeoux.

MOM wud be alonso or kuyt i reckon

If we can replicate our 1st half performance every match, we're in with a shout for the title race. Our problem has always been consistency and we are definately capable to going on a long unbeaten run as shown last season. If last season have begun in October, we would have won the title. We need to shake off our "slow starters" tag.

Good win by our boys. Rafa's rotation policy finally ended at 99 games and it seems we have found our strongest 11. Good to see we are finally playing fluid football.

On another note, Vladi had some nice things to say prior to the game. What a lad.

SMICER RELISHING ANFIELD RETURN
Paul Eaton 31 October 2006

Istanbul hero Vladimir Smicer is looking forward to an Anfield reunion tonight - even though injury could prevent him from making an emotional appearance in front of the Kop.
The former Red - who scored the second goal and then netted from the penalty spot to help Liverpool win the Champions League last year - has travelled with the Bordeaux squad for tonight's game but is likely to have to settle for watching from the stands because of a knock.

"I'd love the manager to put me on the bench so I could be a part of the game, but I'm not sure that would be possible," he said.

"I'm really disappointed, but it's too early for me to play. I was injured six days before the first game, and now I'm only able to train, not get involved in agame. I just wanted to make sure I travelled to Liverpool again because I want to see everyone.

"It's a pity because I'm not sure if I'll ever get the chance to play at Anfield again.

"But, given the choice, I wouldn't swop my last game for Liverpool for anything, and even though it would have meant a lot to me to play at Anfield tonight, the most important thing is the memories I have already.

"I've been looking forward to this night since the draw. It's special for me to be back at Anfield, particularly for a Champions League game, because it reminds me of the best time of my career.

"The last memory is the one that's remembered most, particularly when it's such a good one. I can remember being upset I wasn't involved in the final league game against Aston Villa, but it was the game a week later which I'm much happier to have played in.

"I know there were times at Liverpool when I was bad, and others when I felt I did a good job, but the most important moment was the Champions League final.

"When I scored the penalty, I kissed the badge on my shirt, and this was my way of showing how much I loved every moment I was playing for Liverpool.

"After six years, part of me felt I'd also deserved that moment, and the fact I'd shown the fans I was a good player in the biggest game of all meant a lot to me and to them."

I think this result (and the one before) goes to prove that Benitez's rotation policy is a load of ....

The idea of squad rotation is good (if you have a squad like Chelsea's that is, but even then you'll struggle) but you need to know what you are doing. Because you don't want to affect the balance of the team or affect team spirit and players just coming into form. Those who needs resting should be rested, but should be deputised by guys who fit into the job and not just stick square pegs into round holes. My 2 cents.

I do not have a problem with rotating players but I do have apprehensions against rotating a team. When you rotate more than 4 players, it does indeed disrupt the balance of a team.

side note & a little behind the scene politics at Lfc

Rafael Benitez hailed Liverpool's advance into the next stage of the Champions League with a 3-0 victory over Bordeaux, but still managed words of reconciliation with former club chairman Noel White.

White resigned from his position as a club director tonight in the wake of the previously anonymous boardroom attack on the Anfield boss.

White was quoted last week in the media initially as an unnamed director, criticising Benitez's management methods.

That attack had cast a shadow over the build-up to this Group C match, eventually won convincingly 3-0 by Liverpool to retain top spot in the group on goal difference from PSV Eindhoven.

But hours before the match White had admitted he was the director involved, and offered his resignation.

Benitez said: "It is a pity, I have not had a bad relationship with Noel White, and I am sorry this has happened. Now, though, I would prefer to look to the future.

"The important thing is the club, and such things as this do not normally happen here. This is a big club and there is a way of doing things here. But I am sorry that it has had to end this way."

now, i not saying rafa is completely immumed to any faults & happy that it turns out with some dignity & the former club chairman at least owned up. (not that such move will prevail in malaysian scene)

the club first, & likely over any individual. (incl rafa)

on last night match, we were ok, honestly but we were pulling any bravado performance that will win the CL. maybe its still early to "peak" at this stage to illustrate the clubs "seeded" tag.

if there is any indication of club showing frightening calibre towards march on the CL is the blue side london club cheski. we all hate them, but i cannot inmagine anyone capable of stopping them incl us on current form.

Last edited:
good game.
great to see our captain score as he had wasted a few gilt-edged chances that normally i wud put my house on him scoring.

garcia did well..im jus worried bout the injuries garcia n i think xabi suffered. hope its not that bad.

dun like alonso's guts......
prefer Garcia as he's nimble....
no offence to Alonso's supporters though......how many player actually tried from half way line??
That's why I always said our play tactics should change...
midfielders should connect with strikers which is seldom our style. U see midfielders trying on shots most of the time from outside the box.
Is there really no chance for us to get inside the box?!

Another Luis Garcia is frustrating thread?

What did Rafa see in him? Well, he has scored 25 goals in two and a bit seasons. All from open play. That's not bad for starters. Especially as he doesn't play every game and is mostly a midfielder.

Last season he was directly involved in more Liverpool goals per-90 minutes of league football than any other player. The season before he scored the crucial Champions League goals. He makes things happen.

He also has stinkers. Isn't it time we learn to live with his faults because it's the good things he does that ultimately make a difference? It's also worth remembering that not once has he given the ball away and it led directly to an opposition goal (it might have indirectly at times, mind, further down the line in a move, but then that can be said of anyone who concedes possession).

But give me a Garcia over a player who only ever does the simple thing and never has the bottle to try something special - the kind of thing needed in the final third. It's the same with Sissoko - he gives the ball away too. But he wins it three times as often, and forces errors from the opposition, so rather than concentrate on his faults people need to look at the good - when it outweighs the bad.

Thanks Duke for the nice forum.

A great write to some of the Garcia bashers....I do agree with him

when garcia is on song, he's simply amazing... consistency is one of his key issues. when he's not on form, its irritating to watch as he always give up possession...

alonso is a more consistent player with great passing range, albeit he's not really found his true form as shown in the previous season.

anyways.. great back to back victories.. hopefully this form continues.. the defence looks really leaky this season.. dont think carragher is at his best.. just MHO..

he's just lightweight, that's why he can't really perform in the premiership, but he dares to do things what other players dare not do.

Remember the 2nd goal against chelsea in the FA cup last season? I doubt anyone would do that. Another one would be the Juve's goals which is much much much more nicer than Alonso's half field goal in my opinion.

His passes are unexpected and which can open out defences

luis garcia is what smicer should have been (no, not that i'm complaining about hero scimer).

maybe not as awesomely effective or consistent as scoales as MU fan will remind us. What i like was he gave up his option to seek hattrick so that fowler would play in some part of game. (due to injuries & some earlier subs it was likely to field fowler as he was in the list of reserve, i guess)

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom