Limited budget to maximise my good ol' 2002 Waja 1.6A..Any Good Ideas?

imagepower

Jul 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All,

I'm Daniel. I've been using a 5 year old Gen2 1.6M which was clocked at 128HP with light mods in the engine bay. Well, sadly to say that the car have been thru some pretty tough times being kissed by many. So I had to forgo that wife and now using an 8 year old Waja Auto.

I'm glad that the Manual days with cramping left foot are now left behind me. It's only my heavy right foot is having some serious problem. The car just won't go! Sigh! Besides that, the under carriage are noisy going through every humps and bumps. Even the brakes are noisy as well.

Sigh! I was thinking of putting my hard earn savings to the bring some life out of this old lady.

Since I've not been doing much modification or updating myself to the latest hips! Would like some help from everyone to suggest a few affordable and good products for this old lady.

Thanks Bros! and Ladies (if any).. :)

Daniel C :driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
ermm...K&N Air Filter? Exhaust system with 4-2-1 Extractor?
Well...not much I can help...still learning :smile:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
u meant by "Sigh! I was thinking of putting my hard earn savings to the bring some life out of this old lady. " meaning u wanna change new engine or just upgrade the current one?

1. 4-2-1 tuned length extractor together & full exhaust system from hotbits
2. emange (piggyback)
3. SAFC
4. NGK R Racing spark plugs + plug cable or bosch fusion plugs with bosch supersport cables.
5. open pod racing air filter, go for k&n or apexi.
6. lightened crank pulley
7. high camshafts

one1002

Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
hi bro..what is your budget?many of us can suggest things if u provide us your budget..and,with current budget, we all can suggest which mods you should do first rather than giving u full mod lists..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Danz:
Bro, NGK Spark Plugs better than Denso Iridium?

imagepower

Jul 23, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Wow! Thanks y'all for the valuable feedbacks.

Simply said that the budget means not in money but more like I dun wanna spend on something which it is not going to bring any huge diff to the car.

I used to fiddle around with std Wiras..and once I've changed a HKS open port filter, the car went from Hero to ZERO!

So yes, the question is with the cheapest start up....what should I do first?

I know E-manage is good but as far I know, ECU alwaz comes last after all the hardware is in coz the tuner will try to maximise all the hardware output....err..right?...correct me if I'm wrong.

My thoughts:

1) Super Works Throttle body - not sure they made for Waja 1.6 but Waja is wellknown to have screwed up Throttle Bodies. so mine is not live much longer. Anyone knows the price?

2) It is now with Drop in K&N Air Filter...I think I'm going to leave it alone.

3) Crank and Cam Pulleys - is Mythelogy good or any other brand to recommend?

4) Exhaust system - can anyone tell me which is better Powerzone's or HOtbits...I've tried hot bits for my Gen2 before... erm.... not too bad... but lost most of my low ends.

5) I heard there is a direct ignition sparkplug cables made for Waja. Not sure it for my car. Anyone to verify this?

Keep in mind....Money over Results....not Money over Lousy Advertisement.

I'm also considering Auto Foam....heard it is a good product but magat fellas is going to curse and swear at me if I got myself into accidents. ...hehehe

Alot of help needed!

Thanks for Pro's Feedback! :)

Daniel :driver::adore::adore::adore::driver:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
SF,
now im using denso iridium rm45 per pc...if NGK Racing bout rm60-65per pc...quite expensive...but good on performance......

image power, but we need to know yr budget on these mods 1st....

one1002

Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
just get a good 4-2-1 extractor..any brand will do..yet,unbranded extractor will do too..i made mine in jianhang..straight away feel the difference..

but..mind that automatic mods are slightly difference in manual transmission mods..especially on the exhaust part..

correct me if im wrong..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
SF,
now im using denso iridium rm45 per pc...if NGK Racing bout rm60-65per pc...quite expensive...but good on performance......
That means I got overcharged adi...got it RM50 per piece :banghead:

I'm using also but after awhile now don't feel much adi...at 1st torque not much of improvement but high end is real good. Not sure but felt a bit stiffer on the pedal. Not sure though...maybe just psychology matters :rofl:

not necessarily sir
Lolz! Thanks bro but no need the 'sir' status la bro :rofl:

one1002

Known Member
Jun 4, 2009
so, what type of spark plug is good? i've heard about splitfire..is it any good if compared with iridium,NGK or volker?

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
i recommend split fire sir, cheap and perform good. there is a seller in, satria sumthing ke..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Fingers crossed, prayers said and all deeds with the devil signed, let’s hope this time around it isn’t pushed back yet again as a post on Playstation Blog has confirmed that Gran Turismo 5 will be going on sale 24 November.

Sarcasm aside though, even we of little faith have some believe that this time it’s for real as Kazunori Yamauchi, the president of Polyphony Digital, has explained the delay in a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience