Lifespan of Tyres ?

Yee

500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
Anton Lavey
not that fixing their bars have disadvantages, but its advisable we find out what's the handling best suited us, and also the function of the parts before fitting it, if we fitted a wrong part will surely caused poor handling. Sorry to bring this topic out and off topic abit. :P

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
currently not the same tyre size between front and rear.....

kind of i'm starting to like this setup...low profile rear with higher profile front.....

macam FWD drag car a bit :rofl:
FWD cars have wider front track, but since you use different offset rims, the rear must be wider and more offset so your rear track should be the same as the front.....Yup, wider and lower profile for rear and narrower and higher profile for front looks good also, but not good for the tyres.
I have one member even though, using RWD with the tyre and rims setup like yours still cannot wear the rears off, so after 5 to 6 years in the rear with 3 to 4 sets used up front he had to change the rears also...:banghead:

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

So fixing UR bars got their disadvantages?
To me, modding got it maximum also. Maybe the UR made it too stiff, just like suspension, if very stiff will be good for track because flat no humps extra. If use super hard suspension and when in corner hit slight bump the car will lift and will not have traction at all....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
FWD cars have wider front track, but since you use different offset rims, the rear must be wider and more offset so your rear track should be the same as the front.....Yup, wider and lower profile for rear and narrower and higher profile for front looks good also, but not good for the tyres.
I have one member even though, using RWD with the tyre and rims setup like yours still cannot wear the rears off, so after 5 to 6 years in the rear with 3 to 4 sets used up front he had to change the rears also...:banghead:

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

To me, modding got it maximum also. Maybe the UR made it too stiff, just like suspension, if very stiff will be good for track because flat no humps extra. If use super hard suspension and when in corner hit slight bump the car will lift and will not have traction at all....
Ya, I noticed on my BLM, when during corners, if the ground is not even, go over a slight hump, my rear did jump and have very minor slide. Stock suspension only. Guess, street cars have to have their own street car set up till a certain limit.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ya, I noticed on my BLM, when during corners, if the ground is not even, go over a slight hump, my rear did jump and have very minor slide. Stock suspension only. Guess, street cars have to have their own street car set up till a certain limit.
Yup, my older soft suspension traction is better in bumpy corner, but rolls a lot in hard fast corner, where the harder new suspension is the opposite....Harder suspension tyres take more punishment in corners....

ronaldindin

Known Member
Jan 14, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
www.12bet.com
Continental tyres are quite silent and lasting...

Also quite gripping and holds well on the road...

But if you have the extra cash, go for Michelin XM-2

Not really that expensive if you take into consideration of its quality, lasting and fuel saving compound....:listen::driver:

I'm looking for a quiet one to replace my original one. Michelin XM-2? how much it cost for 15" and is it possible to perform fuel saving?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, my older soft suspension traction is better in bumpy corner, but rolls a lot in hard fast corner, where the harder new suspension is the opposite....Harder suspension tyres take more punishment in corners....
Yup, PP2 i seldom whack corners, only "if need to" :rofl:
Sakit hati each time I whack hard, but starting just wanna test the grip. Really shiok. Handles as
how I want it to be. Just that got bodyroll a bit :biggrin:

Lifespan of tyres? that depends on how you drove your car my friend hahah..
Ya depends on how heavy is your foot too, for my gf using PP2 I think can last very long, since she never drive exceed 80km/h :rofl:

I'm looking for a quiet one to replace my original one. Michelin XM-2? how much it cost for 15" and is it possible to perform fuel saving?
15" which specs? got a few range.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Goodyear Malaysia has received the ‘Most Improved Delivery’ award for 2010 from Honda Malaysia. The award is handed out to Honda suppliers in the Original Equipment Tyre Delivery category for models such as the Accord, Civic, City and CR-V with a total of 14 awards handed out for various other categories as well.

The purpose of the awards is to acknowledge the support provided by Goodyear as a supplier...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience