Let's talk about the base line model of skylines!

Jun 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Mornin all, ladies and Gents (mainly gents here, I suppose? I may be surprised though). 'Tis a humble member here, Weizz registered around 2010, lurking until now as I forgot that I registered to this place :wavey:.

I know that this subsection of the forum is one of the best places people go for skyline appreciation, but I would like to turn the attention of appreciations to another angle down a notch (well actually, LOTS of notches) to a particular kind of skylines; the baseline models. I'm talking about them 'humblest' of skyline types; rb20 variants with auto or manual, whichever comes first.

why you may ask? people appreciate skylines and all hope to drive a GTR sometime in their life, but you know there's splinter of groups of people that would appreciate ANY sort of skylines available, life constraints (money? wife?) and such that even just a hint of skyline itself brings satisfaction to the said individual (other cars modified to look like skylines? why not buy the real stuff :hmmmm:) as things are, life ain't easy to some of those and they will settle down as long as it has 'skyline' of sorts slapped on to them. Prolly they just shrugged and say 'hnnh, it'll do' :rofl:

No offense on the above guys, as I am one of those people. Not a skyline user, so to me seeing one on the road is a few seconds of ecstasy and heaven, and before you know it I'm already dogging at its tailgate with my car for a closer look. The rest of the story is pretty much self-explanatory (driver pushes pedal, zooms off, nowhere to be seen, even on the straight lines of MEX highway)

So back to the main point. the high rated ones are of course nice and all (GTRs and the stuff) but what about the ones I mentioned (GTS-ses, RB20DENEOs, auto variants and of sorts?) do they get the attention and love here in malaysia? I noticed that the r34 GTS move around 2nd hand market fewer than skylines, especially the sedans as they're almost nonexistant (at least in the eyes of this member). For me, they're not as exalted as the turbo-powered GTRs, but deserve at least an honorable mention of their existence, to be an in-between a regular two-door/sedan and a sports tuner. Hence is my discussion; is there no appreciation for them, or I was just blind not to see any? :rofl:

On a side note, apologies if this has already been covered before, but I just want to get people's current views of the whole idea, as it is already 2012 so I want to see the point of contention of why this whole zeal of skyline to be strong even up to this year. If this post is tl;dr, sorry; background of a language student here :rofl:

Cheers to all~

Weizz

Jun 20, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Ooh, now THAT's what I'm talking about! Such aesthetic design are relatively rare to find in current car designs nowadays (it's not utilitarian yet not exactly sporty either, and look at the length of the hood!)

honestly, it tickles me in a right way; a 6-cylinder car that's quite long and has adequate power for it's class (at it's time?), rwd and a nice space/boot space to match with most utilitarian cars. It has the merits of being a fun car or even a daily drive to many..

This reminds me of a time when I serviced my previous modded car at a local workshop, where I asked the foreman whether he can service my car thoroughly if it was a skyline. He was enthusiastic about the whole idea, stating that he can take care of it as there are numerous skyline owners in the area (Cheras!) and he can show me the cars for a look if they're in the workshop. But Imagine my friends, throughout the 10-minutes of talk we were talking of different fish altogether; I failed to mention that it was the r34 Non-turbo a/t sedan skyline, while he steamrolled ahead and assumed that it was a GTR. Imagine the forlorn/unimpressed face he made when I corrected him about which car I was talking about :rofl:

Anyways, many thanks for the pics Shark79! Keep them coming~

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my car cannot start ohh. :( .but the main problem is i alredi check the battery n its ok bcoz my radio can play,my power windows can works and my lamp also can..why..why..why? anyone can give me solution?tq
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience